Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Second best again.

For Gods sake people why are so many of you jumping for joy over the signings of an unknown defender and an over the hill forward ON LOAN, we''ve sold another player and the money will go into the magic NCFC bank account that seems to make cash disappear, its the same old sh*t every year, i can''t believe how many of you are happy with second rate loan players and the fact that we are being taken for mugs by the club yet again. What a pile of shit this club is turning into, we are one big joke!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]For Gods sake people why are so many of you jumping for joy over the signings of an unknown defender and an over the hill forward ON LOAN, we''ve sold another player and the money will go into the magic NCFC bank account that seems to make cash disappear, its the same old sh*t every year, i can''t believe how many of you are happy with second rate loan players and the fact that we are being taken for mugs by the club yet again. What a pile of shit this club is turning into, we are one big joke!![/quote]

Would you rather have signed John Stead ?

Don''t think anyone is jumping for joy over Grounds (although he may be good), but Sibierski is not over the hill and at this level has the potential to be an excellent acquisition - maybe until January when Iverson may be available?

Glass half full in my view.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]For Gods sake people why are so many of you jumping for joy over the signings of an unknown defender and an over the hill forward ON LOAN, we''ve sold another player and the money will go into the magic NCFC bank account that seems to make cash disappear, its the same old sh*t every year, i can''t believe how many of you are happy with second rate loan players and the fact that we are being taken for mugs by the club yet again. What a pile of shit this club is turning into, we are one big joke!![/quote]

[Y]

"maybe until January when Iverson may be available"

Exactly

Even loans cost money, especially ones from Prem clubs.

There will be a fee, wages, and an agent''s fee.

Sold a reserve centre back (and  got cover) +  loaned in someone who is going to improve attacking options. Might not be the window of my dreams but it must make us more competitive.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Would you rather have signed John Stead ?

[/quote]

No he''s shi*t as well, why are we looking at such crap players, we must be the poorest club in the league but we''ve got the biggest fan base. i just don''t get it we should have some money after the last five years of players sales but yet again we get a hefty kick in the nuts on the final day of the transfer window.

No one has jumped for joy at the signing of the defender - he is cover, nothing more - but if you can''t get even remotely interested by us signing a proven decent player from a Premiership side, one that will make a huge difference to the playing side whenever he plays, then there is little hope for you.    Of course we wanted a perm signing, and you do wonder where the money has gone, but ffs, this is not a bad signing, it is a damn good one.

[quote user="Marty"]sorry, but I believe our bids for Robinho and Berbatov were not accepted!
[/quote]

Uh ah - bids were accepted but the players refused personal terms.  The board decided to say the bids failed in order to prevent "small club" accusations.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]No one has jumped for joy at the signing of the defender - he is cover, nothing more - but if you can''t get even remotely interested by us signing a proven decent player from a Premiership side, one that will make a huge difference to the playing side whenever he plays, then there is little hope for you.    Of course we wanted a perm signing, and you do wonder where the money has gone, but ffs, this is not a bad signing, it is a damn good one.[/quote]

I hope he turns out to be another Dion but i am sick of having to make do, why the f''ing hell should we have to be happy with a player who wasn''t even Roeders first choice, i hope he proves me wrong and helps us reach the dizzy heights of the top 10. I''ve just reached my limit of bullsh*t from this club and i''m gutted with yet more lack of signings.

[quote user="7rew"]

[quote user="Marty"]sorry, but I believe our bids for Robinho and Berbatov were not accepted![/quote]

Uh ah - bids were accepted but the players refused personal terms.  The board decided to say the bids failed in order to prevent "small club" accusations.

[/quote]it''s a shame, let''s hope a multi zillionaire buys our club and the makes loads of record signings and buys us success, fingers crossed.The Man City take over is bad news for football, it is like a mega rich persons plaything, not really a level playing field for the rest of us.

None of the players we were linked with have gone anywhere else so it implies they were either (a) unavailable or (b) too expensive. It could be worse, we could be Palace who seem to be selling everyone and bringing nobody in and they seem to be in greater need of a striker than us.

In Glenn we trust!

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]I would have rather of had Stead , younger more of a targetman and not injured .[/quote]Stead is utter garbage though.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]No one has jumped for joy at the signing of the defender - he is cover, nothing more - but if you can''t get even remotely interested by us signing a proven decent player from a Premiership side, one that will make a huge difference to the playing side whenever he plays, then there is little hope for you.    Of course we wanted a perm signing, and you do wonder where the money has gone, but ffs, this is not a bad signing, it is a damn good one.[/quote]

I hope he turns out to be another Dion but i am sick of having to make do, why the f''ing hell should we have to be happy with a player who wasn''t even Roeders first choice, i hope he proves me wrong and helps us reach the dizzy heights of the top 10. I''ve just reached my limit of bullsh*t from this club and i''m gutted with yet more lack of signings.

[/quote]

That''s how I feel too, so you aren''t alone.

Is this what we deserve?  Loans after loans after loans?

[quote user="canaryjock"]

None of the players we were linked with have gone anywhere else so it implies they were either (a) unavailable or (b) too expensive. It could be worse, we could be Palace who seem to be selling everyone and bringing nobody in and they seem to be in greater need of a striker than us.

In Glenn we trust!

[/quote]

Sorry but who gives a toss about Palace! We support Norwich and we have been let down again and again.

Unless we get promoted this year, which is highly unlikely, you have to ask, in the long term are we moving forward, a team based on 8 loan signings will have to start from scratch next season, with even less money and even less permanent players left to be sold to fund the 2009/2010 bunch of loan signings

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Unless we get promoted this year, which is highly unlikely, you have to ask, in the long term are we moving forward, a team based on 8 loan signings will have to start from scratch next season, with even less money and even less permanent players left to be sold to fund the 2009/2010 bunch of loan signings
[/quote]

Do you sometimes feel like you are banging your head against a brick wall?  I''ve said this for weeks, that loan signings are only a short term fix.  Although glad we have our new front man it''s only short term again, we need a settled side.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Unless we get promoted this year, which is highly unlikely, you have to ask, in the long term are we moving forward, a team based on 8 loan signings will have to start from scratch next season, with even less money and even less permanent players left to be sold to fund the 2009/2010 bunch of loan signings
[/quote]

Exactly as I see it. We have hardly anything left to sell to fund the purchase of even cheaper replacements. Half of our squad will disappear back home and we will be left with what?

Sibierski sounds like a good signing, but it is worrying the amount of loan players we now have at the club. It doesn''t look like we have the cash to bring any of them in permanently - and for all the short-term team building - we''re going to be end up having to do it all again in January / next summer when they all go home and we get no return.The only way replacing your entire playing staff with loan players will work is if we get promoted. If we don''t - we''ve got no players, no assets and no money - then what will we do?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Do you sometimes feel like you are banging your head against a brick wall?  I''ve said this for weeks, that loan signings are only a short term fix.  Although glad we have our new front man it''s only short term again, we need a settled side.

[/quote]

I cannot wait until the 1st of January when we can loan in another 3, 4, or 5 players

[quote user="Beds Canary"]Sibierski sounds like a good signing, but it is worrying the amount of loan players we now have at the club. It doesn''t look like we have the cash to bring any of them in permanently - and for all the short-term team building - we''re going to be end up having to do it all again in January / next summer when they all go home and we get no return.

The only way replacing your entire playing staff with loan players will work is if we get promoted. If we don''t - we''ve got no players, no assets and no money - then what will we do?
[/quote]

loan in more players?

Dont question it, be blind and happy at new players.  Dont think about building a squad, just that we get something to watch with our pires on a saturday.Saucers of milk all round to the usual apologists.[quote user="Beds Canary"]Sibierski sounds like a good signing, but it is worrying the amount of loan players we now have at the club. It doesn''t look like we have the cash to bring any of them in permanently - and for all the short-term team building - we''re going to be end up having to do it all again in January / next summer when they all go home and we get no return.The only way replacing your entire playing staff with loan players will work is if we get promoted. If we don''t - we''ve got no players, no assets and no money - then what will we do?[/quote]

I think it''s pretty obvious what Glenn is doing. There is no possible way he could afford to buy a team full of the quality of player he wants - but he can loan them in, so this is what he does. In the meantime he is steadily acquiring permanent signings - Dejan, Clingan, Hoolahan, Bell - who he thinks are up to the job; you get the feeling that some players he inherited (Fotheringham Semmy, Russell & Croft) have a chance with him, but I reckon only 1 or 2 will feature with him long term.What is clear is that he has absolutely no intention of signing anyone permanently who he feels cannot improve the team. I would expect him to have 8 or 9 of his ''inbetweenies'' on permanent deals by this time next year.