Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Best passer

Nigel is always saying he wants us to keep the ball, pass well and not give it away.
Over recent years several of our players in my view consistantly fail to comply.
In my opinion Holt is probably the biggest culprit.
Are there any "official figures" to enlighten one ?

francis

But doherty is close

And Charlton hes got great through balls!

From the skysports site there are some high level stats. Most worrying is that our passing is relegation standard - we have the least number of successful passes per game than any other club - 185, compared to 382 arsenal, 400chelsea and 474 manure. Only CHarlton are also below 200, with 197 whilst the next worst is Man Citeh on 216. Quite honestly this has to improve is we are to survive in the prem.

I would have said that out bets passer was probably Huckerby or Helveg, but statistically it may be Francis who plays a lot of shorter balls?

I have spent the last 20 mins trying to see if there are any opta stats available on this? I know there are lies, damn lies and the the worst of the lot statistics but I would interested to know who is passing well and who is costing us possession too cheaply - anyone have any ideas what the web address is?

Its not all bad news as:-

- Green has made the mosts saves this season so far at 15, at 75% of all shots.
- Hux confirmed my fears that he has no understanding of the offside rule having been caught more than any other player - 10 - so far,
- Hux he has also had more dribbles/runs than any other player - 34.

OTBC

Sorry to split hairs but of course we know that hucks was supposedly offside on several occasions when quite clearly he was not , just too quick for the linesman !

Yes Hux has suffered a couple of bad decisions but this was also a feature of our game last season - as a team I think we had more offsides than any other team.

Bearing in mind the number of 1 on 1s with the keeper it leads to (relatively few that I can recall) and that Hux does have searing pace, learning to take 1 step back, track the back line (he is regularly the widest man on the left) and time the runs better he could generate even more opportunities for us.

OTBC

Have just found out that 3 clubs have a worse pass completion % than our 69% - Soton on 67% and Villa and Charlton on 65% - they have just tried more passes than us obviously!

OTBC