Sign in to follow this  
The Great Canadian Canary

EDP 24EXCLUSIVE: Norwich City put up for sale

Norwich City''s future was in the balance today as Delia Smith effectively put the club up for sale.

It leaves the club at a pivotal point in its history - aspiring for Premiership status or settling for lower-league mediocrity.

Delia and her husband, Michael Wynn Jones, are looking for new investors of all sizes, including outright ownership, the EDP understands.

Here -

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=NOED02%20Sep%202008%2020%3A22%3A35%3A757

We can have speculation galore, but I guess now is the time to (however difficult) wait and see.  If Cullum was genuine with his offer, then what is stopping him now coming in?

So come on PC put your money where your mouth is, and if not, why not?

It seems that the Turners may have been the stumbling block in any deal with Cullum and now they are gone.

However, I can''t see in that article how Delia has effectively put the club up for sale?  I can''t see a quote, is it some imaginative journalism.

"If Cullum was genuine with his offer, then what is stopping him now coming in?". Agreed, Norfolkbroadslim. Except, of course, that Mr Cullum never made an offer in the first place, genuine or otherwsie. Just about the only solid fact to hold onto in the matter of Mr Cullum''s interest earlier this Summer is that he never did make any offer at all, as under the City Code he would then have had to make the offer to all the shareholders, and I didn''t get an offer for my miniscule shareholding.

All we had from Mr Culilum earlier this Summer was posturing in the media - from which it follows that any talk now about him having "had his fingers burnt" is more posturing (you can''t get your fingers burnt if you never put them near the fire in the first place).

But, now is the time. If, as I continue to hope, Mr Cullum really is a Norwich City fan, really does want to help our great club, and was not just posturing in the media in order to destabilise the club to get it cheap as it dives towards administration (if so; mission accomplished!) then now is the time for him to stop posturing and actually make a firm offer. Come on, Mr Cullum.

The Black hole this year has now reduced to £1.5 million.  Munby reports that the club would still break even this year even without that - so this amount must relate to the "transfer pot".  Iverson signing in January gets more remote.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]"The EDP understands..." is the worrying line[/quote]

I don''t blame people for their cynicism, but I''ve been led to believe that "the EDP understands . . ." is code for "We''ve been told this in confidence and it''s true".

Look at the picture on page three of today''s EDP of the reporter with Roger Munby. This story is more than just wild stabs in the dark - it''s come from the top.

I would suggest that the EDP has it pretty spot on this time.

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]"The EDP understands..." is the worrying line[/quote]

I don''t blame people for their cynicism, but I''ve been led to believe that "the EDP understands . . ." is code for "We''ve been told this in confidence and it''s true".

Look at the picture on page three of today''s EDP of the reporter with Roger Munby. This story is more than just wild stabs in the dark - it''s come from the top.

[/quote]

The caption to that picture says MCFC chairman Roger Munby..............Does that mean the Abu-Dhabai group have signed him up as well?

[quote user="BeSmart"]I think we should all go out and buy a Euro Millions ticket this week, you never know............it could be you[ip][/quote]

Good idea Gordon !

How about everyone who goes to the match buy a lucky dip lottery ticket, put it in a sealed envelope and hand it in at the ticket office.

It will give the Directors something to do opening and checking the numbers and may put a few million into the clubs budget.

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

[/quote]

I disagree, I think the EDP have gone abit over the top here... "Norwich City''s future was in the balance today as Delia Smith effectively put the club up for sale" there are no quotes what so ever to even suggest that the board have put the club up for sale nor need too, Munby has been quoted as saying that the club isn''t in as much financial difficulty as many people seem to think, therefore I fear these so called potential investors that the club have been talking to are merely small time investors that will be put into place in order to fill the 1.5m balck hole, and not much more than that. I hope i''m wrong though and and there is a potential big investor lined up, be it Cullum or someone else.

Until I see a quote from Delia specifically stating "This club is up for sale" I don''t believe a word of it. All baseless speculation from the EDP, we''ve been through it all before and nothings ever come of it.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]Until I see a quote from Delia specifically stating "This club is up for sale" I don''t believe a word of it. All baseless speculation from the EDP, we''ve been through it all before and nothings ever come of it.[/quote]

she said that 12 months ago.. infact she said whoever came in could have the club for free if they invested in the football squad

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mark Smith"]Until I see a quote from Delia specifically stating "This club is up for sale" I don''t believe a word of it. All baseless speculation from the EDP, we''ve been through it all before and nothings ever come of it.[/quote]

she said that 12 months ago.. infact she said whoever came in could have the club for free if they invested in the football squad

jas :)

[/quote]

Exactly. So why is this an ''Exclusive'' story today?