Sign in to follow this  
Bayern Eunuch

Edworthy

what an excellent game. He should never have been left out in the first place.

maybe nigel reads this board (leaving out the the Matts).

Leon must still wonder what he has to do to get a start (left out for a player bought as a defender).

But an excellent result and now Arsenal have beaten the unbeaten record maybe we can catch them relaxing!

I have to say well done to Worthington for having the guts to drop Helveg tonight and play Edworthy. His defensive work was excellent (great goal line clearance), and his attacking play made sure Newcastle had plenty to think about when they lost possession. He could of been low in confidence having missed the Old Trafford game and only appearing as a sub against Palace but not a bit of it. He pushed Francis all the way for man of the match.

Now if only McKenzie could be given a chance to shine too.

wonder if edworthy and helveg could play together, because I didn''t think mcveigh or mattias has really impressed so far.

yes, edworthy was superb, as they all were, i am not going to even go over our weak points, as i think we all know what they are, as a team we were outstanding

hey, this premiership is not so bad is it, not as bloody hard as all these so called experts would have us believe, i mean i have watched us struggle against the likes of wimbeldon and crewe in the past, but last night, mega!!

bring on arsenal, and we will beat them!!

Edworthy was a superb tactical decision - I think worthy saw how Helveg was exposed by Giggs pace and felt Robert could have a similar impact on this game. Knowing that Eddie is much quicker I am sure that influenced his decision and Eddie justified it with a solid performance. I am sure Eddie will now be the lamb to the Henry slaughter again on Sat! However his distribution does need to improve if he is to keep his place ahead of Helveg longer term...

OTBC

"but in place of hu pyro? surely u cant leave out doherty????????????? "

ncfc4eva,

With Bentley having to sit out the Arsenal game I think Huckerby could move to the left with Leon going up front with Doherty (if he is still played as a striker). Not sure how our midfield would cope defensively, but last season it worked and we need to keep playing to our strengths as last night showed.

Good call Pyro, though Huckerby must do a little more harrying and tackling on that wing so Adam is not too exposed. Its a 4-4-2 which could easily go to 4-3-3 which against Man Utd and Newcastle looked a good formation for us when we needed a goal.

You have got to give credit to Worthy. The two players who we probably spent most money on wages wise (Jonson and Helveg), for him to leave them out takes guts. Some managers would have stuck with the players they bought in but Worthy made the changes and it brought the right result.

Keep the faith

Rich, I think that Paul McVeigh did well until he got tired in the second half. His passing was good and he stuck in a couple of teasing crosses for the Doc. As for everyone else, the back four were excellent, Francis was superb again (enough to make the January transfer window a bit of a worry!) and the Doc was tremendous. His strength to allow the midfield to link up in atack was awesome, and he thoroughly deserved his goal. A shame that Leon didn''t take his chance, but with Hucks at left midfield on Saturday and the Doc & Leon up front, he''ll get a chance to redeem himself. A thoroughly deserved away point, which could easily have been three - and all this against another multi-million pound team!

link some interesting points, I''m a big mcveigh fan and I hope given a good run he can do a job, I just wasn''t as convinced last night as you were, but he should still be retained for Arsenal:)

must start!#

Did well to keep us in the game by heading shearers goal of the line.

It''s ridiculous to know the reasons why Marc Edworthy, one of our GREAT back 4 last season who help us to achieve promotion was left out from this season''s first team, is because he''s not an international player, or didn''t play in 4 major world football tournament! Get to know Thomas only play 16 games for Inter last season and compare with Eddy''s nearly play for the league games for us, you know who is fitter for the team!

Maybe Thomas was talented but we may give him time, perhaps a bit on the reserves at the moment...

Had a brill game on weds night, as did hux and drury. Our centre backs were also on top form. Charlton must be bargain of the summer.