Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Cullum tells Delia: Come and get me

I know his ''line'' has changed a few times over this whole story - but that''s seems a complete about face in a couple of hours. And it''s exclusive "all in tomorrow''s EDP". The editor must be loving the sales figures for this week - as must the tag-line writers....!

Rebuffing reports that he had lost all interest in helping the team he

supports, the executive chairman of insurance giant Towergate

exclusively told the EDP: “Never say never”.(translation: EDP to EEN - sod off, this is our story and we''re running with it!)

[quote user="fleckmatic"]Rebuffing reports that he had lost all interest in helping the team he supports, the executive chairman of insurance giant Towergate exclusively told the EDP: “Never say never”.

(translation: EDP to EEN - sod off, this is our story and we''re running with it!)
[/quote]

Lol your spot on there, the EDP are having a field day with this whole "potetial" investment/takeover/club downfall etc. saga.... I don''t think I can take many more weeks of this, not after wht happend last time.

What a farce. EDP Cullum story = "Come and get me", EEN Cullum story = "I''m not getting involved".

Get your stories straight Archant.

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="fleckmatic"](translation: EDP to EEN - sod off, this is our story and we''re running with it!)[/quote]It''s all the bloody same[:|][/quote]It''s not - there''s a rivalry between the two papers in Archant.

Archant, I have to say, are good value. We wouldn''t have half as much to talk about if it wasn''t for them! But "for the full interview with Peter Cullum and to read another sensational exclusive about City''s finances, see tomorrow''s EDP" is quite frankly hilarious. I love the blatant way they try and sell papers.

“The door was always open and it''s never closed. The onus is on the

football club to come to me. I''ve made a couple of approaches and I was

in danger of becoming a serious irritant. On that basis I will sit back

and wait.”Please swallow your pride Delia and give PC a call! The reality is that neither you nor any of the other small investors in the club have the resources to take NCFC forward and fulfil its potential.  Peter Cullum does. The alternative we face is a slow but inexorable decline. Do the deed and pick up the phone. Work something out with PC and tens of thousands of Canaries fans will applaud you.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Archant, I have to say, are good value. We wouldn''t have half as much to talk about if it wasn''t for them! But "for the full interview with Peter Cullum and to read another sensational exclusive about City''s finances, see tomorrow''s EDP" is quite frankly hilarious. I love the blatant way they try and sell papers. Poor journalism yes, hilarity without a doubt.[/quote]

I agree, it''s so bloody obvious it''s funny, yet so many people will for it and the EDP will be making a fortune out of it.

[quote user="Jules"]“The door was always open and it''s never closed. The onus is on the football club to come to me. I''ve made a couple of approaches and I was in danger of becoming a serious irritant. On that basis I will sit back and wait.”

Please swallow your pride Delia and give PC a call! The reality is that neither you nor any of the other small investors in the club have the resources to take NCFC forward and fulfil its potential.  Peter Cullum does. The alternative we face is a slow but inexorable decline. Do the deed and pick up the phone. Work something out with PC and tens of thousands of Canaries fans will applaud you.
[/quote]

I said that when the ''''talks'''' failed last time.  Why didn''t our board wine him, dine him and then sit down and thrash a solution out?  They want investment, it''s just a shame that no one had heard of the words compromise and finding middle ground.

"another sensational exclusive" - the EDP is turning into the sun. To be fair it''s because we live in the back end of no where and they have nothing better to report on because nothing ever happens.

[quote user="fleckmatic"][quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="fleckmatic"](translation: EDP to EEN - sod off, this is our story and we''re running with it!)[/quote]It''s all the bloody same[:|][/quote]It''s not - there''s a rivalry between the two papers in Archant. [/quote]Oh I see a bit like City supporters The Board makes ''decisions'' fans slip into different camps.Archant chase sensational bullshiit stories and EDP & EEN scrap to write the smelliest bits

I don''t really care about headlines, stories or sales figures.All i know is we have too many players here on loan, not enough money, a recent shortfall of 1.5million, and are at the wrong end of the table.What we do have is a half decent guy in charge, nearly a very good team, and a VERY good stadium and training facilities...We''ve done nothing and gone nowhere since the premiership season, i try and stay clear of the blame game, but somewhere along the lines things have gone very wrong. My personal feeling is that a drastic overhaul of the inerds of the setup is required along with a decent cash boost.So let''s get Cullum in, make Kennedy, Bertrand perhaps even Lupoli permanent, and a few more, then we will see.

[quote user="Jules"]“The door was always open and it''s never closed. The onus is on the football club to come to me. I''ve made a couple of approaches and I was in danger of becoming a serious irritant. On that basis I will sit back and wait.”

Please swallow your pride Delia and give PC a call! The reality is that neither you nor any of the other small investors in the club have the resources to take NCFC forward and fulfil its potential.  Peter Cullum does. The alternative we face is a slow but inexorable decline. Do the deed and pick up the phone. Work something out with PC and tens of thousands of Canaries fans will applaud you.
[/quote]

Hear hear!

theres somthing i dont trust about cullum, he uses the media to win the fans over and do all his talking. its obvious delia would have done a deal last time but i believe cullum is trying to shaft the board. cullum will only get this club when its on its knees and he can pay next to f*ck all for it. delia is not a malicious, devious b*tch that some fans make out and wants the best for the club, shes not selfish either and would put the club first. if it was as simple and clear cut as cullum makes out about his offer then delia would have accepted, no doubt in my mind.

[quote user="Strawberry"]

[quote user="Jules"]“The door was always open and it''s never closed. The onus is on the football club to come to me. I''ve made a couple of approaches and I was in danger of becoming a serious irritant. On that basis I will sit back and wait.”Please swallow your pride Delia and give PC a call! The reality is that neither you nor any of the other small investors in the club have the resources to take NCFC forward and fulfil its potential.  Peter Cullum does. The alternative we face is a slow but inexorable decline. Do the deed and pick up the phone. Work something out with PC and tens of thousands of Canaries fans will applaud you.[/quote]

Hear hear!

[/quote]Fully agree. If she cant get a reasonable price out of him then fair enough, I just want to know that she has done all she can to get this apparent life-long stupidly rich norwich fan on board.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]theres somthing i dont trust about cullum, he uses the media to win the fans over and do all his talking. its obvious delia would have done a deal last time but i believe cullum is trying to shaft the board. cullum will only get this club when its on its knees and he can pay next to f*ck all for it. delia is not a malicious, devious b*tch that some fans make out and wants the best for the club, shes not selfish either and would put the club first. if it was as simple and clear cut as cullum makes out about his offer then delia would have accepted, no doubt in my mind.[/quote]

You underestimate some fans LC.  And of course the club have never once used spin in the papers and on the radio have they? [:^)]

So what inside information do you have that Delia would have done a deal last time that we don''t know about?

AFAIC the club made a joint statement.

You make some pretty big statements about PC, shafting the board?  Nope I call that good business by a shrewd businessman.

Are you saying PC doesn''t want what''s best for the club he has played for and supported since a very young age?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]theres somthing i dont trust about cullum, he uses the media to win the fans over and do all his talking. its obvious delia would have done a deal last time but i believe cullum is trying to shaft the board. cullum will only get this club when its on its knees and he can pay next to f*ck all for it. delia is not a malicious, devious b*tch that some fans make out and wants the best for the club, shes not selfish either and would put the club first. if it was as simple and clear cut as cullum makes out about his offer then delia would have accepted, no doubt in my mind.[/quote]

Put yourself in his shoes.  He first approached the board in October last year when an AGM was held and members of the board stated that "no-ones interested in investing in loss-making Championship clubs", "it`s not about money for our shares-we don`t need money- it`s about money for the team" and "if any idiots want to pump their money into a football club they can have the club".  We have since had Delia stating that "if we turned down someone offering £20m for the team, the fans would never forgive us". 

What is Cullum supposed to think reading this utter bullsh*t knowing he was knocked back with exactly the figure Delia mentions on Radio 5?  They were basically publically taking the piss out of him- and him going public was exactly what they deserved.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

You underestimate some fans LC.  And of course the club have never once used spin in the papers and on the radio have they? [:^)]

So what inside information do you have that Delia would have done a deal last time that we don''t know about?

You make some pretty big statements about PC, shafting the board?  Nope I call that good business by a shrewd businessman.

Are you saying PC doesn''t want what''s best for the club he has played for and supported since a very young age?

[/quote]

he might do, but he also might not after all like you said he''s a shrewd businessman. Are you saying delia wont do whats best for the club?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Put yourself in his shoes.  He first approached the board in October last year when an AGM was held and members of the board stated that "no-ones interested in investing in loss-making Championship clubs", "it`s not about money for our shares-we don`t need money- it`s about money for the team" and "if any idiots want to pump their money into a football club they can have the club".  We have since had Delia stating that "if we turned down someone offering £20m for the team, the fans would never forgive us". 

What is Cullum supposed to think reading this utter bullsh*t knowing he was knocked back with exactly the figure Delia mentions on Radio 5?  They were basically publically taking the piss out of him- and him going public was exactly what they deserved.

[/quote]

Agree.

So come on the LC, how about a reply to my questions and what Mr Carrow has stated. [:)]

Yes he is using the press but how can you say its obvious Delia would have done a deal last time when they immediately quoted him £56 million all or nothing and then would not even meet with him?

If Cullum is trying to "shaft" the Board as you put it, then tell me why hasn''t Delia and the Board made it clear to us fans that Cullum is not all he seems, she obviously knows he has grown great support from the City fan by useing the media, so why can''t the board just come out and publicly say why talks with Cullum broke down, don''t we as fans deserve that much anyway?...

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

he might do, but he also might not after all like you said he''s a shrewd businessman. Are you saying delia wont do whats best for the club?

[/quote]

I''m not the one questioning PC and undermining his integrity, you are.  We all know in the past Delia and the board have ''''had the clubs best interests at heart'''', however there comes a time, and I believe now is that time, for new investment and for Delia and MWJ to hand the reins over.  They cannot financially sustain the club alone, thats is plain to see.