Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Messageboard compatibility with new Google Browser

My posts are coming out with all the code in the quoted sections. Is this a compatibility issue web team? Do i have to go back to internet ex-snorer or fire-crash?

I think the only way to go with this board is IE.

Chrome runs on the same code as Safari, which I use, and I have exactly the same problems. Firefox has problems as well.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I think the only way to go with this board is IE. Chrome runs on the same code as Safari, which I use, and I have exactly the same problems. Firefox has problems as well.[/quote]

The bloody thing doesn''t work properly with anything.I haven''t got a PM facility,nor do my emoticons come out,and I''ve tried IE and Firefox! Of course,its probably the board''s fault!

Works fine (well, as fine as the creaky software can) with Firefox 3 here. Doesn''t change the fact the board really could do with a serious upgrade.Otherwise... sack the board (see what I did there) [;)]

All seems to work fine with my Firefox server.  The only thing I can''t do is post links so I nip into Window''s Explorer when I need to post any.

Seeing as these usually get overlooked by the web team, hopefully we can do something about this now.

With Safari, which I choose to use as I run OSX I can''t:

Use emoticons

Post polls

Everything works fine on Firefox, my IE screwed itself up so was forced to switch to Firefox, and it''s actually practically the same.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I think the only way to go with this board is IE. Chrome runs on the same code as Safari, which I use, and I have exactly the same problems. Firefox has problems as well.[/quote]

The bloody thing doesn''t work properly with anything.I haven''t got a PM facility,nor do my emoticons come out,and I''ve tried IE and Firefox! Of course,its probably the board''s fault!

[/quote]smudger alert!!!! lol

on the subject of chrome, anyone know how to set and access the home page? rather then the ''most visited'' sites thing...i''m trying to decide whether or not i want to change all my settings onto chrome or just carry on using firefox...i originally got firefox after people saying it was much superior then IE about 2 years ago, but i have to say the two are very similar, though apparently chrome can upload videos quicker

all internet browsers do Exactly the same thing.. i cant see why people dont like IE to be honest.... it does exactly what all the others do just doesnt look so Pretty

jas :)

[quote user="a1canary"]My posts are coming out with all the code in the quoted sections. Is this a compatibility issue web team? Do i have to go back to internet ex-snorer or fire-crash?[/quote]This is not a browser compatability issue.  these message boards can be viewed clearly using IE5, 6, 7 and 8 beta 2.  also Firefox 2.5 and 3.0.  this can also be viewed in the new Google Chrome browser. Im guessing the problem is that you need to virus scan your pc as this can sometimes cause your browser not to view properly by turning off your settings.  if that shows up ok then maybe you have other pc issues you need to address otherwise try to update your Flash, java and macromedia software. if that fails then take a large hammer an smash your computer to pieces.  that usualy helps or you can do a full system back up and rebuild using your system disks. of course you can hire me to do this for you but it aint cheap. good luck....

[quote user="AndyJR"]All seems to work fine with my Firefox server.  The only thing I can''t do is post links so I nip into Window''s Explorer when I need to post any.[/quote]get the IE add on for firefox and this will allow you to diplay IE sites better and you wont need to switch over when posting. google it or try the add on  site for FF.

I''m using Google Chrome and it''s done a few strange things. The quotes aren''t showing properly on this message board and it persists in fiddling about with my internet settings.....think I''ll be going back to internet exsnorer.

[quote user="Fellas"]Anybody seen this ubiquity thing? It''s very good, it''ll blow IE out of the water!
[/quote]

No where can i get it ???

It''s being developed by Mozilla, that same people that develop firefox. Have a read about it here: http://www.toolness.com/wp/?p=54