Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Cullen departure linked to Turners?

It is being rumoured already, that perhaps Andrew Cullens (a life long City fan) departure from the club, is in some way linked to the Turners.

Speculation at this stage I know, but what do people think?

Could be, but could also be coincidence; people do leave jobs, particularly after 10 years so there is every reason to think it is just someone moving on.  It is not as if he has actually left - by all accounts he is working his notice just like a normal person leaving their job would do.

I have taken this from WOTB, don''t shoot the messenger! 

I''ve been told also by club employee''s that Cullen''s departure was a big shock and has everyone thinking what''s going on, they expect more admin departures. "The atmosphere has changed"

Perhaps the "root & branch" analysis singled out Cullen as no longer required after setting up the excellent marketing structure, someone on a lower salary can now look after it. (Will Hoy?)

As i mentioned in an earlier post, The Turners had the less than desireable task of tightening the Carrow Road Belt. This although completely necessary had the unfortunate side effect of upsetting quite a few people, one of which i had heard was our much loved Mr Cullen. Shame.

I did not mean that The Turners pushed him out, more that Andrew did not feel he could do the job to the best of his abilities with the new financial restraints on the department.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I did not mean that The Turners pushed him out, more that Andrew did not feel he could do the job to the best of his abilities with the new financial restraints on the department.[/quote]

I reckon their abrasive and looking over everyones shoulders style of management forced Cullen and others to leave what was an increasingly unhappy environment. Cullen was clearly popular with DS and MWJ and his departure probably led to the fall out.

While it''s quite possible that Andrew''s departure was linked to what was occurring good people do move when they are looking for a bigger role elsewhere. For example, I just noticed that the departure of the General Manager at MK Dons has been announced. Possibly Andrew was being brought in for a larger role at MK Dons. As with all things, we shall see.