Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Follow-up to Tuesday's announcement - updated throughout the day

Is Cullum ruling himself out?

He has said all along he didn''t want to run the club and "would put his own people in".

This quote taken from EN does not say anthing to the contrary -

“I never wanted a seat on the board and I do not want to run a football club. I am not directly involved, but will watch with interest.”

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Is Cullum ruling himself out?

He has said all along he didn''t want to run the club and "would put his own people in".

This quote taken from EN does not say anthing to the contrary -

“I never wanted a seat on the board and I do not want to run a football club. I am not directly involved, but will watch with interest.”

[/quote]

Does that mean he is indirectly involved?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

"It was the hardest £20 million I ever tried to give away!"

Sucker punch right between the eyes!

[/quote]This was always my biggest fear. The club is now for sale and our "biggest fan" now doesn''t fancy it.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]"bowed out with my tail between my legs", is that it then?
[/quote]

He bowed out at the time, but he has not stated I will NEVER invest one penny into NCFC, they had their chance, my money wasn''t welcome and now its the time to move on.  Or words to that effect.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]"bowed out with my tail between my legs", is that it then?
[/quote]

He bowed out at the time, but he has not stated I will NEVER invest one penny into NCFC, they had their chance, my money wasn''t welcome and now its the time to move on.  Or words to that effect.

[/quote]

Well where are all those Delia fans now, she has stuffed us up like kippers, All I can Say now is wait till the next home match. and hope for the clubs sake we have a new owner or its back to the Days of Chase out Demo''s  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well where are all those Delia fans now, she has stuffed us up like kippers, All I can Say now is wait till the next home match. and hope for the clubs sake we have a new owner or its back to the Days of Chase out Demo''s  

[/quote]

Naievity perhaps on Delia''s part.  She expected investment from the Turners, they may have had some kind of gentleman''s agreement that obviously now is not going to happen.  Cullum was knocked-back, because they thought they had something tied up with the Turners, who they must have trusted and who were already involved with the club and on the board, so did not expect them to make a complete u-turn.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

I was wondering how long it would take before this form of stupidity would raise its'' ugly head.  I don''t see any fans of anyone in here other than the club.  If you''re just plain daft enough to believe that any sort of protest will solve this situation you''re plain wrong.  All it will do is pollute the atmosphere of a club that''s had enough of that kind of poison in the last 3 years.  If you want to do something productive, get a petition together to beg Peter Cullum to invest, or find a phone book for Abu Dhabi and ring around the richer parts of town.

It does go to show though what a fine line we have been walking and why clubs cannot survive (or perhaps more accurately prosper) without significant investment in this day and age when £2m of our budget for the season is effectively based on a "promise" from two of the directors that they will put money in. I''m sure its no different to a number of clubs but quite scary really.

I can only think Mr Cullum is still engaged in a game of posturing in the media. References to "the hardest £20 million I ever tried to give away" are disingenuous and intended to cause trouble. It''s not as if it was a "no strings I''ll give you £20 million" offer, good grief. He said at the time that he wanted "control" in return for his money, and he never actually made an offer so there''s no question of him having been sent away with his tail between his legs.

So it sounds to me as if he is still posturing, trying to play on the fans'' emotions and destabilise the Board (or what''s left of it) further. Which gives grounds for hope that at some point he will stop rocking the boat and actually offer a life line. Come on, Mr Cullum. Time to stop playing games and make a real offer. Please.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely unbelievable.The question you should be asking is where is "lifelong fan" Peter Cullum?He can no longer hide behind the "Delia didn''t want to sell so I walked away" excuse.Its time for the great man to shit or get off the pot.He started this whole ball rolling and now he''s keeping his head down,but,hey,everything''s still Delia''s fault isn''t it?Get your head out of your backside and try to get in touch with reality,for heaven''s sake.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]"bowed out with my tail between my legs", is that it then?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely unbelievable.The question you should be asking is where is "lifelong fan" Peter Cullum?He can no longer hide behind the "Delia didn''t want to sell so I walked away" excuse.Its time for the great man to shit or get off the pot.He started this whole ball rolling and now he''s keeping his head down,but,hey,everything''s still Delia''s fault isn''t it?Get your head out of your backside and try to get in touch with reality,for heaven''s sake.

[/quote]"lifelong fan".......I thought he only attended the Derby games!

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]I can only think Mr Cullum is still engaged in a game of posturing in the media. References to "the hardest £20 million I ever tried to give away" are disingenuous and intended to cause trouble. It''s not as if it was a "no strings I''ll give you £20 million" offer, good grief. He said at the time that he wanted "control" in return for his money, and he never actually made an offer so there''s no question of him having been sent away with his tail between his legs. So it sounds to me as if he is still posturing, trying to play on the fans'' emotions and destabilise the Board (or what''s left of it) further. Which gives grounds for hope that at some point he will stop rocking the boat and actually offer a life line. Come on, Mr Cullum. Time to stop playing games and make a real offer. Please.[/quote]

I think it''s a bit late to worry about the board being destabilised, they''ve already done that themselves.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It does go to show though what a fine line we have been walking and why clubs cannot survive (or perhaps more accurately prosper) without significant investment in this day and age when £2m of our budget for the season is effectively based on a "promise" from two of the directors that they will put money in. I''m sure its no different to a number of clubs but quite scary really.[/quote]

Well of course you are right Jim. And we could be about to move up with the big boys into a league where 20m of our budget is effectively based on a "promise" from directors. But does the promise extend to next season.. and the season after... and when the promises dry up 20m is a lot harder to find than 2m. Eventually football clubs are going to have to finance themselves. This spending of rich peoples money can''t last forever. 15 years ago we could compete with the richest clubs in the land. Even if we got back to the Premiership next season with Peter Cullum on board could we do that now?

I fear £20m doesn''t go very far these days.

To become an established (i.e. not just up and back down) Prem team, as some on here seem to think we are entitled to expect, would probably cost us (well, someone!) £100m at least.

[quote user="mr carra"]

I fear £20m doesn''t go very far these days.

To become an established (i.e. not just up and back down) Prem team, as some on here seem to think we are entitled to expect, would probably cost us (well, someone!) £100m at least.

[/quote]If a club does get promoted to the prem, and can just about survive for one season up there; a huge amount of revenue is recieved from all kinds of parties, none moreso than sky etc for tv rights. I think if we had 20 million for January, and we held ourselves in the top half until then, it would be enough to see us promoted.

If Cullum is in any way serious about doing a sensible deal, surely now''s the time? He must be in a better position now to do the deal he wants to do (and which might be acceptable to Mr & Mrs Delia). If he doesn''t come back to the table now with his proper negotiating head on, as far as I''m concerned he was never really interested.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It does go to show though what a fine line we have been walking and why clubs cannot survive (or perhaps more accurately prosper) without significant investment in this day and age when £2m of our budget for the season is effectively based on a "promise" from two of the directors that they will put money in. I''m sure its no different to a number of clubs but quite scary really.[/quote]

Well of course you are right Jim. And we could be about to move up with the big boys into a league where 20m of our budget is effectively based on a "promise" from directors. But does the promise extend to next season.. and the season after... and when the promises dry up 20m is a lot harder to find than 2m. Eventually football clubs are going to have to finance themselves. This spending of rich peoples money can''t last forever. 15 years ago we could compete with the richest clubs in the land. Even if we got back to the Premiership next season with Peter Cullum on board could we do that now?

[/quote]

Well of course you are right, Nutty, but you''re talking about a very hypothetical situation. We''ve just had the rug pulled fom under our feet and without some very marvellous gymnastics, we''re about to go a'' over t''.

The direction we''re headed in is not towards the Prem, though I do admire your optomism even at this stage of the proceedings.

Still next year we can have a good banter about just how much investment is required to get out of league 1.

[quote user="Yellow Pecker"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well of course you are right, Nutty, but you''re talking about a very hypothetical situation. We''ve just had the rug pulled fom under our feet and without some very marvellous gymnastics, we''re about to go a'' over t''.

The direction we''re headed in is not towards the Prem, though I do admire your optomism even at this stage of the proceedings.

Still next year we can have a good banter about just how much investment is required to get out of league 1.

[/quote]

Well of course you are entitled to your opinion but there''s no need to be condescending. I was talking about the way football is heading and pointing out that in the main clubs are financed by promises of investment each season. The bigger the investor means the harder it is to replace that money when the investment dries up.

My football team did not look like a League One team to me on Saturday, did it you?

Looked very good Nutty and will look even better with a target man.

I think a lot of fans are fearfull of the unknown and at present we are very much in unchartered waters.

Means beware of sharks and people apparently throwing life lines.

RM retireing from most of his businesses, the Turners pulling out , Cullen leaving, Cullum saying he''s not interested.

Any room on that fence of yours?

So now Cullum has issued a come and get me statement, the whole scenario turns on its head once more. What do people honestly think is going to happen?

My guess is Cullum forces the price down and buys the club outright.He doesnt believe the club is worth what Delia wants, but he knows he''s the only serious game in town.He has time, he has the bargaining position, he has the growing support of the fans....It''s just a matter of time.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]My guess is Cullum forces the price down and buys the club outright.
He doesnt believe the club is worth what Delia wants, but he knows he''s the only serious game in town.
He has time, he has the bargaining position, he has the growing support of the fans....
It''s just a matter of time.
[/quote]

I agree that looks like the most likely outcome but with the circus that is Norwich City who knows.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]So do we all think the £56mill price tag is a realistic one?  And if not what would you think would be a fair price tag?[/quote]

What do you think WAY? I don''t believe anyone has valued the club at 56m. The loans can''t be argued with and the only room for negotiation is the shares. I think the club valued the unissued shares at £30 but whether that''s what people would accept for their shares is a different matter. What would you accept for yours if you had a significant investment in the club?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]So do we all think the £56mill price tag is a realistic one?  And if not what would you think would be a fair price tag?[/quote]

Not sure of the numbers, but I''d say:1) Give Delia back her investment. No more, no less. Giving her more makes a mockery of her claims not to be interested about money, giving her less means apologists have more ammo with which to worship.2) Resecure all debts.3) Pay off the rest of the current board, they''ve proven their ineptness for far too long.4) Invest £10mill into the squad in Jan.