Sign in to follow this  
Jason Shackells Jock Strap

Turners actually a decent couple that gave us 2.5 million quid?

Now I know this is going to seem mad to all of you out there that think the board want to make us go bust. I know this is going to seem wrong to all you Turner haters out there that now as we all realise have a big gap in our budget.

But these guys gave the club a lot of money for very little back. They aren''t asking for their money back straight away either!

2.5 million got them 5000 shares. Delia has 367,000 so not as if they were trying to buy the club, just to help out!

At the end of the day think we all need to take a step back and say the Turners ARE supporters of the club. Have given what they can and why are people treating them like Judas for pulling out when maybe they need to look after their own business (like we all would) or don''t agree with whats going on at the club.

The club should not budget for money it has yet to obtain. Things change, fact of life and if everything went on promises Robinho would be at Chelsea not Man City wouldn''t he?

[quote user="DAPPS"]

Now I know this is going to seem mad to all of you out there that think the board want to make us go bust. I know this is going to seem wrong to all you Turner haters out there that now as we all realise have a big gap in our budget.

But these guys gave the club a lot of money for very little back. They aren''t asking for their money back straight away either!

2.5 million got them 5000 shares. Delia has 367,000 so not as if they were trying to buy the club, just to help out!

At the end of the day think we all need to take a step back and say the Turners ARE supporters of the club. Have given what they can and why are people treating them like Judas for pulling out when maybe they need to look after their own business (like we all would) or don''t agree with whats going on at the club.

The club should not budget for money it has yet to obtain. Things change, fact of life and if everything went on promises Robinho would be at Chelsea not Man City wouldn''t he?

[/quote]

I think you''re right DAPPS. And I also think that Delia and MWJ are motivated by the best interests of the Club. There''s justified criticism, and there''s malignant bile: far too much of the latter on this forum.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]er no decent ''life long fans'' do not pull the rug away...business sharks are what they were and business sharks they remain[/quote]

On the basis of Dapps explanation above, that hardly seems the case.

I''m sure the Turners will still be following City after the withdrawal of their money. If it is a case of other business considerations that has withdrawn their financial support of the club, then that is perfectly understandable. If anyone of us, because of harder financial times, chooses not to renew their season ticket and has to pick just a few games to attend over the season, does that make us the scourge of the earth?  I dont think so!

I dont expect to get the ins and outs of the Turners decision if it is based upon financial grounds, just as I wouldn''t expect to dscuss the detail of my household finances with you all on here.

Its all relative, the Turners have done more good for this club, whatever yo think their profile might have been, than I or most people on here will ever do. Let''s move on.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]er no decent ''life long fans'' do not pull the rug away...business sharks are what they were and business sharks they remain[/quote]

How do you know they are ''business sharks''? Do you know them?

How do we know that the Turners are not asking for their money back? There''s been a rush of interviews by Mr Munby thanking them for leaving the money with the club, but this may be no more than the Board trying to create a climate in which it is difficult for the Turners to ask for their money back. We would know that the Turners are not asking for their money back when the Turners tell us. Their silence on the point is troubling.

You have no idea why they left the board - personally i think it''s got a lot to do with owning a sub-prime credit business in the midst of a credit crunch, wouldn''t you say!? It''s like owning a car dealership and waking one day finding that everyone''s riding bikes. They have to sort out and concentrate on their own business which must be in serious difficulty. And they''re never going to admit that given the size of the business, number of employees etc. Do you expect them to let it go down the pan and turn round to their employees and say, sorry folks, we''ve got a football club in Norfolk to run you know - much more important than your and your children''s livelihoods!!