Sign in to follow this  
NCFCTookie

Norwich In Talk With A Billionare Buisnessman!

[quote user="Tipster101"]no story about talks on the edp website[/quote]

It''s a bit early for the internet version to be updated, they have to sell their quota of papers first. It has to be Cullum their in talks with, there''s not to many billionaires around who are interested in football clubs.

Radio Broadland and the EDP so it must be..........................................................Bull

Blooming Non matching quote blocks in post  - grrrr

the story may be bull and at no stage do I put any faith in its veracity all I have done is point out  that it is being reported on the radio news and on the front page of the edp - and that is a fact... which have remained v v scarce throughout the last couple of days

Radio Broadland the home of cutting edge investigative reporting

v funny!  theirs is the lets regurgitate the local papers headline approach...

have got the edp here nowfront page headline is CULLUM IN TAKEOVER TALKS goes on to say how edp understands talks are back on etc in the middle of the paper it also has the story about delia putting 2 million in so it looks like the 2m is to keep us going untill we can get the deal to advance stages havent had a chance to read entire front page and inside the papper as on the way to work but thought id let u know what the edp headline is for those who dont get the papper and dont want to wait for the headline to go on the net

[quote user="eddie1"]have got the edp here now

front page headline is CULLUM IN TAKEOVER TALKS goes on to say how edp understands talks are back on etc in the middle of the paper it also has the story about delia putting 2 million in so it looks like the 2m is to keep us going untill we can get the deal to advance stages havent had a chance to read entire front page and inside the papper as on the way to work but thought id let u know what the edp headline is for those who dont get the papper and dont want to wait for the headline to go on the net

[/quote]

Thanks for that, you didn''t happen to read any interesting quotes from Cullum on the takeover by any chance?

The story would have been online a while ago (it was time-bombed for 6am this morning) were it not for replication issues here at Archant Towers affecting the news feed.

The story is in a queue and will appear on the EDP homepage when someone puts the plug back in....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Here you go....

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED03%20Sep%202008%2019%3A51%3A22%3A940

[/quote]

Thanks Pete, no quotes from the Norwich board or Cullum but it still does appear as if takover talks are happening.

Delia vs Cullum - Round three

Hopeful, lazy journalism? That''s my guess.

Although Cullum is clearly not impressed by how the club is run "whatever business you are, if you have got a negative trading result you go down the toilet.”

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

Thanks Pete, no quotes from the Norwich board or Cullum but it still does appear as if takover talks are happening.

[/quote]

True, but if I may quote a poster from yesterday on here...

I don''t blame people for their cynicism, but I''ve been led to believe that "the EDP understands . . ." is code for "We''ve been told this in confidence and it''s true".

Great news if true. After the last couple of days of backbiting,oneupmanship and abuse on this board we could all use some good news,although no doubt it will generate another round of point scoring!

[quote user="Beauseant"]Great news if true. After the last couple of days of backbiting,oneupmanship and abuse on this board we could all use some good news,although no doubt it will generate another round of point scoring![/quote]

Well my opinion for what it''s worth......................... nahhhhhhhhhh only joking lol. [:P]

For some reason I feel in a rather light hearted and jovial mood, but that could all change lmfao [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Great news if true. After the last couple of days of backbiting,oneupmanship and abuse on this board we could all use some good news,although no doubt it will generate another round of point scoring![/quote]

Well my opinion for what it''s worth......................... nahhhhhhhhhh only joking lol. [:P]

For some reason I feel in a rather light hearted and jovial mood, but that could all change lmfao [:)]

[/quote]

You really must stop drinking before lunch WAY!!! ; )

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Radio Broadland the home of cutting edge investigative reporting

v funny!  theirs is the lets regurgitate the local papers headline approach...

[/quote]

And the local papers go with the lets regurgitate the national tabloids or the Pinkun message boards approach...

I beginning to think this could be true, because there''s been some alleged up to date quotes“Three points out of 12 is not good, even though I got a good report

that they played will against Birmingham City. What I would hate to see

is another relegation struggle.“I don''t know the state of the

finances but they can''t be in great shape. When the published results

are made available the trading results will be negative. Whatever

business you are, if you have got a negative trading result you go down

the toilet.”
debate the contents, but never the less it''s fairly recent

Quote from Cullum in that article: “I don''t know the state of the finances but they can''t be in great

shape. When the published results are made available the trading

results will be negative. Whatever business you are, if you have got a

negative trading result you go down the toilet.” If he''s after a good business prospect he won''t be investing in a football Club - any football Club. He must realise that, surely. I think he''s playing his business-world games (same as last time), when what we need is immediate action. Last time the existing Board members were playing their own short-sighted game, but hopefully that won''t happen again now reality has hit home. It''s also interesting that Cullum says he "had a good report of the Birmingham game" - why didn''t he go to the game or listen on good old Radio Norfolk like the rest of us? Some fan...

[quote user="Old Boy"]Quote from Cullum in that article: “I don''t know the state of the finances but they can''t be in great shape. When the published results are made available the trading results will be negative. Whatever business you are, if you have got a negative trading result you go down the toilet.” If he''s after a good business prospect he won''t be investing in a football Club - any football Club. He must realise that, surely. I think he''s playing his business-world games (same as last time), when what we need is immediate action. Last time the existing Board members were playing their own short-sighted game, but hopefully that won''t happen again now reality has hit home. It''s also interesting that Cullum says he "had a good report of the Birmingham game" - why didn''t he go to the game or listen on good old Radio Norfolk like the rest of us? Some fan...
[/quote]

Norwich has an estimated fan base of over 300,000 people, only 25,000 people turn up at Carrow Road every other week, just because some people don''t attend all games it doesn''t mean they don''t follow and support the club.

Oh dear Old Boy. Believe it or not there are many people who are great ncfc supporters but their lifestyle means they can''t always get to a game or hear the joys of Radio Carrot.

What is it with some people? PC''s credentials both in business and personally are as near perfect as you get when you are a human being and yet there is this continual drip drip drip against him.

Is it something in our Norfolk genes?

Yes thank you, genes not jeans!!!