Sign in to follow this  
olster

Bentley

Who is going to replace him saturday? as I think by new premier league rules he can''t play against the gunners

Do you think maybe hucks on the left and Mcveigh on the right or jonson back on the right and Mcveigh back on the left?

McVeigh on the left, Jonson on the right or Helveg in a right sided position ahead of Eddie...

I''d like to see Leon get a bit longer with Hux, I''m of the opinion that they WILL be able to play alongside one another...

Well I would go for the following team

gk Green
Dl Drury
DR Edworthy
CD flem
CD Charlton
ML Hucks
MR Mcveigh
MC Holt
MC Francis
St Doc
ST Leon

what does everyone else think

Good call Jim I think that is the side I would like to start with

I would like to see helveg get more of a chance though?

Isn''t Hux on the left a bit TOO attacking though? it''d leave Drury horribly exposed for one...

I think Hux is better with a licence to thrill, not charged with attacking AND defending...

You have to defend as a team and attack as a team. Hucks needs to be able to track back, the boys need to work hard in training and make it work. I''m of the feeling that the secret of getting something against arsenal is to attack them have a good go, so lets hope we do it.

Thierry is Arsenals main, but not only, weapon. Like Hux he prefers the left wing although in theory he has a roving role.

I would look to play Eddie and Helveg on the right to give us that defensive cover and move WLY on the LW and stick with Hux up front. Yonson can come off the bench if needed...

For all of you wanting Hux to play left wing could you imagine the gooners playing Henry at left midfield (because thats where he is most dangerous) and encouraging him to cover defensively? Thought not because its a waste of his talent (Look what happened to el hadj diouf when houllier played him out of position) - hux is the same; he is a sriker who favours the left channel not a midfielder...

OTBC

I think we have to play huckerby up frontm it''s where he''s most dangerous. maybe be tempted to try mcveigh out left and either mattias or helveg out right.

those left flanks will be busy:)

i''m thinking:

green
edworthy charlton fleming drury
jonson safri francis mcveigh
huckerby doherty

holts been struggling a little in the first three games, and we bought safri for a reason. worthy needs to show that he is able to make big sacrifices for the team. in the prem, our team is going to have to chop and change a lot more than in div 1, as we saw with the omissions of the scandinavians on wednesday

green
EDWORTHY CHARLTON FLEMING DRURY

HELVEG HOLT FRANCIS BRENNAN

HUCKERBY MCKENZIE

spot on cky.

definitely Helveg & Brennan to give defensive cover for Edworthy & Drury. They can interchange and overlap.
McKenzie to start ! (if it don''t work out we can bring on Doherty - after all NW did buy buy him foremost as a defender or as an emergency striker didn''t he !)

I still don''t think Huckerby is most dangerous up front, last season he spent alot of time on the left gave him more people to run at and two strikers to find in the box. ok maybe leaves us exposed defensively but if we play Safri and Francis in the centre they would be primarily defending.

Totally agree with Zipper - Edders and Helveg on the right is a good anti-Henry duo - especially given Helvegs superior technical skill and international experience.

I''d love to see Safri in the middle but am worried by his lack of match fitness - maybe to come on for a second half cameo...

For me, The Doc should come into the back 4 - the head says for Flem, but the heart says for Charlton. The bonus of this is that he can always switch up front if needs be.

I''d be well interested in seeing Jonson play up front - no target man for sure, but could pack a surprise or two running at the Arsenal defence with Hucks...

Green
Edders Flem Doc Drury
Helveg Holt Damo McVeigh
Jonson Hucks

Hmm...

maybe fleck but id go with:

Green
Edowrthy Flem Charlton Drury

Mcveigh Damo Safri (if fit)

Hux

Leon Doherty

Safri replacing holt..............

erm...interesting indeed,right i''m gonna go for:

green

edworthy..Flem..charlton...Drury

Helveg..Holt..Damo..Mcveigh

Doc...hucks

just can''t see Worthy dropping the Doc after the way he has started,Helveg to give good cover for Edders and we''ll possibly see Safri at some stage in place of holt.

Otbc.

aj , thats looks every bit the best side we can put out on sat , cant argue with anything there .

what about 4-5-1 - with possibilty of 4-3-3/4-4-2 if hucks/mcveigh push up when we attack

----------------green----------------

Eddie---Fleming--Charlton----Drury

McVeigh Francis Safri Holt Huckerby

----------------Doherty--------------

For what its worth (largely agreeing with Jim), considering NW''s comments about a positive attitude I believe we will start with

Green
Drury, Fleming, Charlton, Eddie
Hucks, Francis, Holt, Jonson (Helveg if MJ is too tired)
Leon, The Doc

I imagine I am not alone in predicting that our first clean sheet of the season will not be forthcoming on Saturday so I say attack. Leon''s guile, the height of The Doc and the incisiveness of Hucks, we can''t fail!!!

It refreshing to see how many realistic permutations we have

For me I''d go for

green

edworthy..Flem..charlton...Drury

Helveg..Safri..Damo..Brennan

Doc...hucks

Why

We''re going to have to defend for long periods - and we''re talking Henry, Bergkamp, Reyes etc here, so for me the defence picks itself with Helvig, Brennan and Safri adding strength.

Our best shot is counterattack and Doc/Hux with forward support from Francis/Brennan could work.

Definitely going to be a squad game - McVeigh and McKenzie will play at some stage - relatively early if it goes pear shaped.

Holt and Jarvis also on the bench.

I''m fairly sure Bently is available, I don''t think its against the rules its at the descretion of his club and I think wenger said it was ok

no bentley CANT play.. i would go for.....

---------------green---------------
eddy---flem----------charlton---drury
jonson----safri----francis----mcveigh
---------doherty--huckerby--------

I think it''s wise to have Helveg and Edworthy along the right hand side to provide some defensive cover against Reyes and Henry who do run rampant down the left.

That means McVeigh on the left.

Holt and Francis to start in the middle -- unlikely that Safri has enough matchfitness to start. Hux and Doc up front again.

Nigel doesn''t tinker too much at the beginning of a match.

That''s what I think will happen....but who knows!

very exciting stuff.