Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Theoretical takeover dilema. Would you accept??

If Aviva wanted to take over our football club, clear all all the debts and inject £50m into the transfer kitty would you accept if in doing so they changed the name to "Norwich Union Football Club", change the club crest from the canary to their cathedral logo, change our colours  to yellow, green and blue, and rename carrow road "The AVIVA stadium".

This is a theoretical dilema regarding how much you would be willing to sell our soul to the devil for a chance of success??

No, because they''ve messed up my policy and not changed my address when

I asked them to, delaying my current claim.... and because I used to

work there...

Has this sort of thing happened anywhere else this side of the pond? You hear of such things in the US, football, hockey teams etc being bought up and relocated. I thought we might now see man City being co-located in the Gulf but really didn''t envisage NCFC as a global brand. Of course the Aviva Canaries might be another story, ...still would be against it though.

No, because in 2 years the NU brand will be gone and we would be called "Aviva football club" yuk yuk yuk yuk...

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]I would accept the lot except the name change.  If we were to change our name I would want something American like Norwich Fury or Athletico Norwich....[/quote]

That would just be awful! Americanising NCFC is the last thing I''d want. YUCK! [+o(] 

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]I would accept the lot except the name change.  If we were to change our name I would want something American like Norwich Fury or Athletico Norwich....[/quote]

Please tell me that''s a joke

Ok how about this scenario? Cullum wants to buy Delia out but wants to cash in on some of the assets to help with the cost (for this game, forget the crunch/recession etc).So - 20 mill for the team, Delia and MWJ bought out. BUT.....Carrow Road and land sold for development. Land bought and new 30,000 seater stadium built just the other side of the southern bypass by the hospital / Heathersett. It''s called the Towergate Stadium. So it''s shuttle busses and car parks to get to the game. (Just like Reading/Bolton etc).

[quote user="fleckmatic"]Ok how about this scenario? Cullum wants to buy Delia out but wants to cash in on some of the assets to help with the cost (for this game, forget the crunch/recession etc).

So - 20 mill for the team, Delia and MWJ bought out. BUT.....

Carrow Road and land sold for development. Land bought and new 30,000 seater stadium built just the other side of the southern bypass by the hospital / Heathersett. It''s called the Towergate Stadium. So it''s shuttle busses and car parks to get to the game. (Just like Reading/Bolton etc).

[/quote]

35,000 seater stadium and it''s a deal

Hell yeah

50 million for players!! just to add a bit of blue on the kit and the ground having a sign to say Aviva stadium, but we wil all still know it as carrow road. Only thing is the name change, might have to haggle on that.