Sign in to follow this  
Leftfootdad

"Rumours" re. Turners & GR

Just passing on details of a conversation I had with a work colleague this lunchtime whose wife works for the Turner''s company (and I''m therefore assuming the following points have come from that source)

We were discussing the recent events/comings and goings at NCFC and he mentioned the following points:

• Firstly, he confirmed the Turner''s had sent their staff an e-mail the other day informing them of their decision to resign from the NCFC Board. When my colleague''s wife later wrote to Mr Turner to ask why, she was told that this would remain private and did not wish to discuss it further
  • That since joing the Board Mrs Turner had focussed all her energy on conducting a root and branch assessment of the goings on at Carrow Road where there were inefficiencies and cost savings could be made 
  • That Glenn Roeder is hated by the majority of playing staff due to the methods he uses
  • One of the reasons NCFC has struggled to attract transfer targets to the club is that GR does not have a good name within the playing community in the U.K. And therefore when players have been approached as transfer targets they have turned the offer down because they do not want to play for him.
  • That GR is actively searching for a route out of NCFC due to the recent false promises of transfer cash from the Board

How true some or all of this is, I''ll leave it up to you to decide. Sounds like a club on the brink of turmoil to me. Just passing on details of our conversation

I think this is total rubbish and the standard "Just passing on details of our conversation" makes me think you are making this all up.

[quote user="Leftfootdad"]

That Glenn Roeder is hated by the majority of playing staff due to the methods he uses

[/quote]

Glenn Roeder is despised by most of the staff full stop - his man management skills are dreadful, him clark & stephenson have a clique which is impenetrable & his methods in ousting some of the old staff have been totally deplorable 

• That GR is actively searching for a route out of NCFC due to the recent false promises of transfer cash from the Board

[/quote]

Will all come out in the wash, but those of you who think he is some kind of messiah will be thinking again....

•  

[quote user="Eddie Shoestring"][quote user="Leftfootdad"]

That Glenn Roeder is hated by the majority of playing staff due to the methods he uses

[/quote]

Glenn Roeder is despised by most of the staff full stop - his man management skills are dreadful, him clark & stephenson have a clique which is impenetrable & his methods in ousting some of the old staff have been totally deplorable 

[/quote]

Will all come out in the wash, but those of you who think he is some kind of messiah will be thinking again....

•  

[/quote]
  • Yeah,you could tell on Saturday that none of them want to play for him......

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I think this is total rubbish and the standard "Just passing on details of our conversation" makes me think you are making this all up.[/quote]

No I am not! and if you think this is utter rubbish and garbage...fine. Tell that to my work colleague, who told me

I would love to thank you, but I pity you for believing him. Do you honestly think the recent performances show a team unhappy with their manager? No of course not.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I think this is total rubbish and the standard "Just passing on details of our conversation" makes me think you are making this all up.[/quote]

No I am not! and if you think this is utter rubbish and garbage...fine. Tell that to my work colleague, who told me

[/quote]

Give us their name then.

[/quote]

Having witnessed some of the best football  seen at Carrow Road in years last Saturday I’m pretty damn certain you work colleague is 100% wrong on the football side of things at least.

I swear as soon as we get a good manager, where the player quite clearly are playing for him, and improving, some people are desperate to make negative claims about them! If he is hated by so many people, why would we get loanee''s from chelsea, previously arsenal, and why would players like Stefanovic, Kennedy and Hoolihan come to us if they ''hate'' him? Complete and utter rubbish.

[quote user="hogesar"]I swear as soon as we get a good manager, where the player quite clearly are playing for him, and improving, some people are desperate to make negative claims about them! If he is hated by so many people, why would we get loanee''s from chelsea, previously arsenal, and why would players like Stefanovic, Kennedy and Hoolihan come to us if they ''hate'' him? Complete and utter rubbish.
    [/quote]

Both Hoolahan and Clingan made a point of saying that the reason they choose Norwich was Roeder.

[quote user="kevin brighton"][quote user="Leftfootdad"]

[/quote]

Give us their name then.

[/quote]

I happen to know someone who works for the very same company, has a good working relationship with Andy Turner and has spoken briefly about the subject with him and all that is being said is not a lot really, that they had left but wished not to talk any more about it. the turners are very professional and would not say such things abuot GR for starters, its jsut not the done thing, especially not a day after they leave the board....get a grip leftfootdaad or whatever your name is, think u have been thrown you''re mates own frustrated opinions that given his links with one of the tuners 500+ employees makes it more believable to yourself. wake up and smell the coffee!! better luck next time ey

[quote user="hogesar"]I swear as soon as we get a good manager, where the player quite clearly are playing for him, and improving, some people are desperate to make negative claims about them! If he is hated by so many people, why would we get loanee''s from chelsea, previously arsenal, and why would players like Stefanovic, Kennedy and Hoolihan come to us if they ''hate'' him? Complete and utter rubbish.
    [/quote]

Exactly, I''ve lost count of the number of threads that have been started moaning about Costa del Colney. Now we have a manager who is obviously trying to rid us of that culture and people are moaning that he''s some sort of tyrant who is breeding mutiny.

Where''s that facepalm picture when you need it.

Just passing on details of a conversation I had with a work colleague this lunchtime whose wife works for the Turner''s company (and I''m therefore assuming the following points have come from that source)

We were discussing the recent events/comings and goings at NCFC and he mentioned the following points:

Firstly, he confirmed the Turner''s had sent their staff an e-mail the other day informing them of their decision to resign from the NCFC Board. When my colleague''s wife later wrote to Mr Turner to ask why, she was told that this would remain private and did not wish to discuss it further[/quote]

Yeah, and not a single one of all the people that work for them disclosed this anywhere beforehand. Never made the "I heard a rumour" stage, even on this site?

Ok.....

That since joing the Board Mrs Turner had focussed all her energy on conducting a root and branch assessment of the goings on at Carrow Road where there were inefficiencies and cost savings could be made [/quote]Which was stated by them and the board when they joined, and already been alluded to more than once on here much earlier today.So...[quote user="Leftfootdad"]That Glenn Roeder is hated by the majority of playing staff due to the methods he uses[/quote]Is he indeed? Well if he is, I say bloody good job. Because the football I''ve seen this season beats the hell out of anything I''ve seen in the past couple. Again, I call BS.

[quote user="Leftfootdad"]One of the reasons NCFC has struggled to attract transfer targets to the club is that GR does not have a good name within the playing community in the U.K. And therefore when players have been approached as transfer targets they have turned the offer down because they do not want to play for him.[/quote]Yeah, cos no one else was after Hoolahan were they? And Lupoli is bloody lucky we gave him a chance, or he''d be looking at dropping down a couple more leagues....as for that pair of donkeys Stefanovic and Kennedy - well, I guess you''re right, Roeder is hopeless when it comes to transfer dealings.[quote user="Leftfootdad"]

That GR is actively searching for a route out of NCFC due to the recent false promises of transfer cash from the Board[/quote]Hmmmm, yes....*scratches chin*[quote user="Leftfootdad"]How true some or all of this is, I''ll leave it up to you to decide. 

[/quote]

Guess what I decided, binner?

[quote user="Leftfootdad"] That Glenn Roeder is hated by the majority of playing staff due to the methods he uses [/quote]The thing I don''t understand about this statement is, if it''s true why did Bertrand come back again?  I''m guessing there would of been other offers available to him if he''d wanted them and surely Arenesen wouldn''t of let him come here if it wasn''t a good move or GR was a bad manager.Why did The Doc sign a new contract? Sure he''d had no other offers by the sounds of it but remember he''s probabl not known by many outside the UK and English clubs would of never got the chance to talk to him. Why has Sibierski decided to like up with GR again?I''m not saying your lying I believe you got told what you wrote here I just don''t understand it because the facts I can see point in a different direction.Davo

• Firstly, he confirmed the Turner''s had sent their staff an e-mail the other day informing them of their decision to resign from the NCFC Board. When my colleague''s wife later wrote to Mr Turner to ask why, she was told that this would remain private and did not wish to discuss it further

• That since joing the Board Mrs Turner had focussed all her energy on conducting a root and branch assessment of the goings on at Carrow Road where there were inefficiencies and cost savings could be made 

• That Glenn Roeder is hated by the majority of playing staff due to the methods he uses

• One of the reasons NCFC has struggled to attract transfer targets to the club is that GR does not have a good name within the playing community in the U.K. And therefore when players have been approached as transfer targets they have turned the offer down because they do not want to play for him.

How true some or all of this is, I''ll leave it up to you to decide. Sounds like a club on the brink of turmoil to me. Just passing on details of our conversation

[/quote]

I Dont normally comment on these forums, but this post made me Sign up. This is the biggest load of Bull I have heard all year!

I dont see where any of this has come from. Apart from the Toilet of someone you know...

[/quote]

the biggest load of crap I''ve read on here for some time, and that''s saying something!

If the playing staff hates GR, do you think they would have performed anything like they did in the last game against B''ham?

The only reason GR cannot attract better or more permanent signings to Carrow Rd is that no one will give him any sodding money!

GR has a well respected name in the football community, which has helped us enormously in the face of no money, and he has worked miracles in getting players in

We better hope to God that GR doesn''t go, as there won''t exactly be a stamped of quality replacements willing to take the job on

Au contraire, Sibi signing for him twice, and a plethora of young loanees says otherwise, players seem to want to play for GR due to his coaching reputation. The reason there have been no signings is that GR had his pot whipped back out of his hands by the Turnips'' exit. Your first 2 points are public knowledge and your last point may or may not be true, but I don''t think GR will leave as he has just assembled what looks like a half decent footballing side that will be a joy to watch - plus the possibility of Cullums millions to spend in Jan, I think he''ll hang about for a bit.

I have heard that some of the players that don''t or didn''t like him or his methods, but these seem to be the ones who are more concerned about going to Mercy VIP on a Saturday than playing at Carrow Road and most of them have left.

[quote user="Eddie Shoestring"][quote user="Leftfootdad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

• [/quote]He may be hated by the lazy, overpaid tossers who fear for their jobs because they''ve seen what he''s done to other lazy overpaid tossers, and if he is that''s a GOOD thing - it was long overdue. The many flaws in your heap of garbage have been shown up by previous posters, but what interests me is why you would want to post it. The OP made no secret that his post was just rumour (and deserves to be treated like one), whereas you present yours as fact. An axe to grind maybe....  If we lose Roeder at this stage, it''ll be a black day.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Eddie Shoestring"][quote user="Leftfootdad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

• [/quote]He may be hated by the lazy, overpaid tossers who fear for their jobs because they''ve seen what he''s done to other lazy overpaid tossers, and if he is that''s a GOOD thing - it was long overdue. The many flaws in your heap of garbage have been shown up by previous posters, but what interests me is why you would want to post it. The OP made no secret that his post was just rumour (and deserves to be treated like one), whereas you present yours as fact. An axe to grind maybe....  If we lose Roeder at this stage, it''ll be a black day.[/quote]Hated or not it would be nice if GR could get the team to win a game though, I can''t be @rsed to look it up but how many games has GR actually won out of the last 25? and for the record, last year Grant had a better record at this stage in the season and was still in the Carling Cup!

This thread is funny hey??!! As if the Turners would send an email round or get a "buzz" going that everyone at NCFC hates Roeder?? I tell you what, my housemates ex girlfriend is pretty high up at central trust and I know a bunch of other people who work there so I''ll ask them!Maybe, just maybe, they personally didn''t like him. Probably because he said "1.5 million. You might as well not bother??!!"But I doubt it.Roeder is respected by people in many facets of the game otherwise we wouldn''t have got loanees from teams like Arsenal or Chelsea. But, of course, Arsene Wenger, Arnesen and "big phil" aren''t really respected in football are they??Get a fu@%*ng clue IDIOT!

[/quote]

I think it highly unlikely that the Turners would have spread this sort of information around their employees at Central Trust.  It may or may not be true, but I very much doubt whether that''s where it would have came from.

Now, the Turners and Delia......I think that  horrid and imaginary lady, ''Anna Morsitty'' might have just stuck her big oar in....between them.

I don''t think there will be any love lost there....