Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Thursday's news

Interesting Cullum quote from Pete''s top link

“Three points out of 12 is not good, even though I got a good report [my emphasis] that they played will against Birmingham City. What I would hate to see is another relegation struggle...."

Has Mr Cullum been to see any games recently?  I dont know.

I may be doing him a disservice, a busy business person cannot necessarily follow the Delia example. Is he staying away because of the potential controversy of him having a physical presence at the ground at the moment. Has he been to many games over recent years...At what point would we expect to see Mr Cullum actually seeing a game..it kind of questions what the foundation of his interest is in the club...he has stated he is not interested in running the club. I think I''d like to see a very honest statement about this should he get his money accepted, like "I believe that Norwich City is a great example of a well run club and will continue to be and therefore I have endorsed that, and my emotional attachment to the club through my financial support. I will not be at every game but believe me I will be following their successes wherever I might be..." or something like this...

Let us see how the story develops

Roed 2 Rouen

Interesting Cullum quote from Pete''s top link

“Three points out of 12 is not good, even though I got a good report [my emphasis] that they played will against Birmingham City. What I would hate to see is another relegation struggle...."

Has Mr Cullum been to see any games recently?  I dont know.

I may be doing him a disservice, a busy business person cannot necessarily follow the Delia example. Is he staying away because of the potential controversy of him having a physical presence at the ground at the moment. Has he been to many games over recent years...At what point would we expect to see Mr Cullum actually seeing a game..it kind of questions what the foundation of his interest is in the club...he has stated he is not interested in running the club. I think I''d like to see a very honest statement about this should he get his money accepted, like "I believe that Norwich City is a great example of a well run club and will continue to be and therefore I have endorsed that, and my emotional attachment to the club through my financial support. I will not be at every game but believe me I will be following their successes wherever I might be..." or something like this...

Let us see how the story develops

That should also apply to our current board who have told us fans absolutely nothing.  If PC hadn''t of gone to the press we would never have known about his first un-official offer last year. 

PC is a very busy man and TBH I wouldn''t expect him to be at every game.  Some ordinary fans don''t even go to many games, and some haven''t been for years, it doesn''t mean they don''t know what''s going on at the club. [;)]

But as you say we shall see.

I know he went to the 2-2 draw with Ipswich at Carrow Road last season but other than tht I don''t think he has been to many games at all, which you would imagine is down to his busy business lifestyle rather than choice, anyway IF he was successful with a takover then he would bring in his own people to run the club and hopefully continue to invest when and where it''s needed.

How about this quote:

"I don''t know the state of the finances but they can''t be in great shape. When the published results are made available the trading results will be negative. Whatever business you are, if you have got a negative trading result you go down the toilet.”

Doesn''t sound like a man going to bankroll a club.........................if he wants to run it at a profit then he will be trying to succeed where the vast majority fail.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Doesn''t sound like a man going to bankroll a club.........................if he wants to run it at a profit then he will be trying to succeed where the vast majority fail.

[/quote]

Yeah, the Turners being one of them.

Cullum won''t backroll us for ever. It sounds more like he''ll bankroll our path to the premiership i.e £20mill pounds as offered, and then once we''re there the club should be able to run itself off the premiership money we''ll earn. He''ll only step in with further cash should it be absolutely needed. Thats how I think he plans to work this. Afterall football is rarely a profit making industry so he won''t be looking to throw money away for a mere football club, not whilst the many charities he deals with are in more need than we probably are.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Cullum won''t backroll us for ever. It sounds more like he''ll bankroll our path to the premiership i.e £20mill pounds as offered, and then once we''re there the club should be able to run itself off the premiership money we''ll earn. He''ll only step in with further cash should it be absolutely needed. Thats how I think he plans to work this. Afterall football is rarely a profit making industry so he won''t be looking to throw money away for a mere football club, not whilst the many charities he deals with are in more need than we probably are.[/quote]sounds like a good plan....help norwich get finacialy stable then turn it into a self sustaining club...IS THAT NOT WHAT WE ALL WANT???

its not just PC money i would like he has a fantastic reputaion of turning business,s around....along with his money comes a great busuness brain and that can only help NCFC 

when these shinanagans are all done and dusted im sure what ever result comes from them....it will be a bright day for NCFC

them we can get back to discussing what players we would like to see here...whilst humming the abba song...MONEY MONEY MONEY...LOL

Yes WAY!! That''s why I decided to try and bring a bit of football back to this board with my post, I''m looking forward to the England game this weekend just so I can forget about all of this for 90 mins!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Yes WAY!! That''s why I decided to try and bring a bit of football back to this board with my post, I''m looking forward to the England game this weekend just so I can forget about all of this for 90 mins![/quote]also looking forward to the game on staurday...just not quite sure i like the style of footy under cappelo(spelling lol)

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Yes WAY!! That''s why I decided to try and bring a bit of football back to this board with my post, I''m looking forward to the England game this weekend just so I can forget about all of this for 90 mins![/quote]

My mind has other priorities at the moment too, besides football I mean lol.

After several attempts I have at last recieved an emailed reply from Peter Cullum, he goes on to state that there has been no new contact with Delia, and he remains a frustrated supporter like us (well not quite like us as he has Billions lol!) so I guess the Evening News is correct in this instance.....

[quote user="Salahuddin"]After several attempts I have at last recieved an emailed reply from Peter Cullum, he goes on to state that there has been no new contact with Delia, and he remains a frustrated supporter like us (well not quite like us as he has Billions lol!) so I guess the Evening News is correct in this instance.....[/quote]

He could be talking in the literal sense, meaning no "direct" contact with Delia? He showed his hand earlier in the year, so I am sure he is in the background somewhere......

My thoughts after reading this thread

Doncaster first link incorrect
Spelling mistakes in some articles
EDP and EN contradicting each other
Steve Downes is starting to annoy me
An approach was turned down for Simon Lappin??

Speaking personally I''m not over keen on the owners of a football club identifying too closely with the fans.  The Ashley bloke at Newcastle wears a barcode shirt and got Keegan back as a fan pleasing gesture and look what a mess they''re in.  I''d prefer it if they kept their distance just a little bit.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]After several attempts I have at last recieved an emailed reply from Peter Cullum, he goes on to state that there has been no new contact with Delia, and he remains a frustrated supporter like us (well not quite like us as he has Billions lol!) so I guess the Evening News is correct in this instance.....[/quote]

But the club have managed to contact a couple of other potential investors, one of whom is a member of the Goody clan.

Odd in the extreme.