Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

FAO: Steve Downes - £10m wage bill for the players?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=NOED02%20Sep%202008%2011%3A41%3A09%3A517

£10m wage bill for the club as a whole may be the case but £10m for player wages (per the above link) seems a bit much to me.

[/quote]Agreed - we cannot have 20 players earning £10,000 a week each. (20*520k = £10.4m)I''m not even sure we have 20 players.

Total wages 2006/7 were 14.4m. Total salaries were 12.6m but then you have the oncosts as with any business. Those quick calculations rarely work. I think the player wage bill was around 7.5m of this. Mr Carrow [8-|][*] will be on my case if I''m wrong. So if that really has been reduced to 10m for last year that will account for over half of the 7.1m parachute payment we lost.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Total wages 2006/7 were 14.4m. Total salaries were 12.6m but then you have the oncosts as with any business. Those quick calculations rarely work. I think the player wage bill was around 7.5m of this. Mr Carrow [8-|][*] will be on my case if I''m wrong. So if that really has been reduced to 10m for last year that will account for over half of the 7.1m parachute payment we lost.

[/quote]

The Annual Report for the year to 31st Many 2007 referred to a reduction in player wages for 07-08 due to the effect of divisional contracts.

I just find it hard to believe that player wages are £10m for 08-09 unless some really silly money is being paid to our new players.

[/quote]

The Annual Report for the year to 31st Many 2007 referred to a reduction in player wages for 07-08 due to the effect of divisional contracts.

I just find it hard to believe that player wages are £10m for 08-09 unless some really silly money is being paid to our new players.

[/quote]

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s my point too Canary Nut. I would have thought it must be all wages.

You seriously expect me to believe that the EDP might have got this wrong? Has Helguson signed yet btw?

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]We think Roeder/someone in the boardroom has brought in an £8k/week wage cap... if this is true, then it''s very unlikely our total wage bill can be £10m unless we include all backroom staff, directors etc. who are salaried by the club.