Sign in to follow this  
Yella_Forever

Glenn Roeder - From Newcastle to Norwich

have a little look at what the Newcastle fans say about roeder now, after his comments on five live today.....

http://www.nufcblog.com/2008/09/04/newcastle-news/glenn-roeder-newcastle-club-is-a-tragedy/

They really like him to be honest.... they say he did well.... so all those guys who came here and said they thought he was a rubbish choice of manager, and sometime even now people come on and slag him off!!

I think so far the guy has done so so well with little or no cash, in what is, a very difficult time for our club.

some really good things said on that site.... which is full of die hards i must add...... take a look!

I think the board situation will sort its self out... and me personally, im looking forward to Plymouth Away with the big man up top...!!

OTBC!!!!

Indeed it does look like he has a LOT of respect from those newcastle fans, and I think he has won a lot of us over now as well... he is turning out to be one of the better managers in recent years for us... may it long continue Glenn :)

How many years though?Rioch .... Huffed and Puffed with no moneyHammy Hamster .... eeerr passWorthington.... Promotion and playoff final before it went stale.  Grant... eeerrr eeeerrr Roeder.... Jury is still out imoWorthington still in front at the moment

We couldn''t have asked for more in the circumstances - he got us out of a hole last year and has built a useful looking squad this year. Excellent appointment.

Here’s and interesting statistic for you all aswell…He has

Newcastle’s 3rd best win percentage and points return in recent years -

who beats him?

1) Keegan

2) Robson

3) Roeder

So not that shabby a manager!

This was interesting.

[quote user="Badger"]We couldn''t have asked for more in the circumstances - he got us out of a hole last year and has built a useful looking squad this year. Excellent appointment.[/quote]

More to the point he got us out of a hole with (predominantly) Grants pretty shabby bunch of players.  Now he has his own team and performances are said to be better and the results will follow - perhaps not enough for promotion but at least to avoid a scrap similar to last season