Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

FANTASTIC!!!

What super experience. I have just returned home after going "walkabout" after the game. I was sitting to the far left of the Norwich fans as you would look at the pitch just across the aisle from some very large and quite upset Geordies. Still, had a great night out after and then yesterday spent on Quayside visiting some of the waterholes from my Uni days. Newcastle is, I reckon, the second best city in the country.

Oh, the team didnt do so badly either! :-)

know what you mean about the journey peter. Made it back to Thorpe Marriott at 5.10am. We were making good time untill we reached swaffham and got diverted round to watton. Anyway it was all worth it, what a fantastic day out, and a great result for the boys.

p.s. Did anyone else make it into Idols bar before the game? This is the sort of pre-match entertainment bar Norwich desperatly needs. Cheap beer, hilarious DJ and the most stunning dancers i have ever seen!!!!

So how is the canny toon Dirty Lyle? When were you at Uni there? I went to Newcastle Uni 1992-5. Great place to live (though I was out at Jesmond 2 years) - very friendly people and very passionate about footie. I didn''t get any grief for supporting Naarwich - probably ''cos they recognise fellow genuine fans who care about their home city club.

Im a bit more recent Macho, 97-2000. I did live on Barrack Road for two years though (the road running alongside SJP for the unintiated) but Wednesday was the first time I had been inside the ground for a match.

Have to agree top place to live and I intend to move back there in about 2 years. Unlike the Man Utd fans (who were up for a fight after leaving OT) I went out drinking with the Geordie boys just like the old times and felt very welcome.

Great place, great fans (maybe a little quiet!)

at last

that''s sunderland for you eh, possibly the friendliest fans i have ever met, though i have to confess i have northern relatives who have always suppported them, glad you had a great night in leeds!

having said that i have yet to meet anyone from newcastle who didn''t immediately talk football! must be something about the north east, don''t know much about middlesboro, guess i will find out at xmas!