Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

FANTASTIC!!!

GREAT PERFORMANCE!!! 2-2 coming back from 2-0 down at st james park! YES!!!!

And could have won at the death when Leon was through but his first touch went awry....

No matter -- Top performance!

Just got in from work, Im going to reqind it and watch it! Just saw McKenzies chance.. oooh! Glad to see Damien getting MotM - he''s going to be a legend this season.

Legend!

Agreed, I can''t criticize anything about our performance tonight, very very proud to be green and yellow!!!!

2-2 and still both Leon and Huckerby had clear cut chances to score! I hope those pundits who said we would struggle to make chances feel very small now. Our first win is just around the corner.

incredible performance, we''ve played the same amount of games as newcastle and the same points and they''re supposed to be challenging for europe. And we according to the totally biased newcastle commentators who i had to listen to tonight up are guaranteed relegation, wonder what that makes them.

absolutely celia, my son was amongst them, he is 18 and told me afterwards it was the best away game he had ever been to!

i was so glad he went, he deserves this after being brought up on the likes of rioch and hamilton!!! and for sticking to the cause when it would have been so easy to support man u or liverpool like some of his mates at school

chris, last night was for you - sorry, but i was so, so proud of the teams, the fans and the whole club - i was weeping with joy in squares after both magnificent goals - and when we heard our brilliant fans singing OTBC!! so fucking proud!!

premiership, we have arrived - and we are staying :-)

Probably the best Norwich city away performance since we were last in the prem. Slick and well organised, comitted and with no little skill, and after Jonson and Francis set up Mckenzie at the end, we should really have had all three points.

MOTM went to Francis but although he was good it was Mr Edworthy who stole the show for me. Absolutely terrific, that goalline headed clearance was astonishing and he was solid throughout. A class above Helveg''s performance on Saturday.

The Sky presenter asked Rob Lee (10 yrs at NCL) who was looking the more likely winner at the end and he said Norwich- sums up how well we did. And Niall Quinn was very complimentary.

Great night.

Andy Gray''s summary comments on Sky, probably said it all.

Forgive me if I have got the exact words of his quote incorrect, but he said:-

"Having now seen all three promoted teams, Norwich have been by far and away the best of the 3"

Long may that be so !!!

OTBC

Well said all of you. I am now off to Suffolk for the day and will be wearing my colours with even more pride than usual! Can''t wait for Saturday, whatever happens!

Was always looking forward to going to St James'' Park over any other Premiership stadium and I wasn''t disappointed. It''s the first thing you see as you enter Newcastle - the away stand towering over church spires and high-rise flats. We really were in the clouds and it scared the bejesus out of me when we scored and I lost my footing! Makes Old Trafford look like Trafford Park.

Bit disappointed with the home fans though, especially with their reputation - I guess it was just nerves and disappointment with the start they''ve made to the season.

Praise has to go to the 2.000 City fans who made as much noise as the 3,000 at Manchester last Saturday and the team (especially Francis again).

Only downside was the journey - didn''t get home until 5.30am!

[image]/_images/2004/08/040826MMS1.jpg[/image] [image]/_images/2004/08/040826MMS2.jpg[/image]

Glad you had a good trip Pete. We heard you loud and proud on the tele and you even had Squares joining in for the numerous renditions of OTBC. Made me proud to be a yellow and brought a little tear to the eye I can tell ya!
Looking at your piccies looks like you were in approximately the same area as Gazza''s son, I think he was on the back row!

Great photo''s Peter. From all the singing I heard on the tv I thought the away fans were superb last night. But I really do think Newcastle should have provided opera glasses for you lot. The players look like ants!

I thought it was absolutely magic. Also hows this for a coincidence, the guy who sat in front of me was the same guy who sat in front of me at Old Trafford. Spooky!

The Newcastle fans sat right next to me and were really friendly and shook our hands at the end of the match. One of them had brought his binoculars. If I had known how high we were sitting I would have have taken a parachute.

Stayed up there last night and got in in time to watch it again on Sky. Would have watched it again but my host was a Geordie and it would have been rubbing it in a bit.

The lads did us really proud and we never let up singing (my Geordie mate said we were fantastic) and we got our just desserts. I did think their fans were a disappointment though. Top trip, bring on the next ones.

Row M - loved the amount of leg room, although did make me feel a bit unsafe when standing up.

Four people sat to the left of me all had binoculars - I''ll remember for next time!

Great pictures, can you take one for every ground you go to, like a mini series? Then we can have a gallery at the end of the season! You could call it ''Roving Raven'' or ''Peters Pitch Pics'', or mabye something more catchy and less cheesy..

Just wanted to share my night with you guys and gals. Due to work I had to be in Leeds last night and couldnt get away to get to the match. Useless hotel doesnt have Sky so I set of with trepidation into Leeds centre to find a bar.

Most of them are showing the Man U game when I stumble across a new sports bar showing about 3 games, olympics the lot. So I settle down with a beer in front of the Norwich game trying to keep a low profile (can be a funny lot in Leeds...Bowyer, Woodgate etc) and I also hear a few geordie accents.

Anyway, my cover is blown when I cant keep quiet as Hucks nearly opens the scoring. Getting some funny looks I move to a different section of the bar and sit quiet and miserable as we go 2-0 down. Suddenly we score and I cant stop myself leaping up and cheering. Strangely enough so do the lads with the geordie accent. Turns out they were Sunderland lads supporting us.

I end up watching the rest of the match and going mental when we equalise with 3 Sunderland lads and another Norwich fan much to the bemusement of several dozen leeds lads and lasses.

Top, top night and top marks to the Sunderland lads who showed me the city clubs afterwards and we had a superb night.

H''away the lads.

meeky, as you know, my son is on the back row of block E so he would have felt at home at SJP

to everyone else, as son as my son arrived home yesterday (at 8pm, he went shopping in newcastle!!) he and his mate watched the match again on sky!!

he takes after me, what a proud mum i am lol

I''ll send a pic from every ground I go to - but there will be a few I miss out as I have to work.

I''ve also got some great footage of ''On the Ball, City'' being sung at St James'' although not sure if I can put that online.

cant you put the sound and not the video?

i would love the sound recording!
ill put it as my windows startup theme......

Been away for acouple of days.

I watched the match on sky and were a bit dissapointed we didnt WIN!

Well played canaries!

Shropshire Canary...sorry did''nt read your post ref oxygen....i thought the same!!...ah great minds think alike.