Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

Re: What is the matter with Waghorn

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

He is turning into a crazy middle-aged man sat in his garden shed bashing out drivel.

Or shoud I say: "Bolted into his garden shed in deepest, darkest Norfolk."

Something is stirring, who are you? Who are you? Stop. Hammer-time!  

[/quote]

Even Hammer horror films were more real than his stories. Beware the Cullum in the wood shed,starring Vincent PRICE![;)]

Who writes this stuff ? I am begining to become almost as disgusted with the local press as I am with the national tripe I gave up reading years ago. Everyone seems to be spouting off all kinds of misinformation and making a strory out of it.

1) There is no evidence of the figure of 11.5M including the latest 2M put in it has been previously posted directly from the company accounts the exact figures of the original share purchase plus additional loans and conversions I stand to be corrected.

2) More importantly investments can go down as well as up I have owned various shares in my life some did my me proud and others I lost my shirt on but in neither case did I have any direct input into the success or failure of those companies.

3) The truth of the matter is if the money dries up and Delia cannot afford to keep ploughing it in and the playing squad gets even weaker than we have now we are likely to go league one or administration or both. Nothing left to sell the property cupboard is bare.

Its not that I expect Delia to up sticks for nothing or indeed put her 11M in her back pocket and go its the continual swaggering rhetoric that is plastered all over the newspapers and websites.

Can we not have news reports that actually ask the questions we want answered instead of regurgitating PR from the various players in this matter.

1) Why did Delia and MWJ not give Peter Cullum the courtesy of a meeting after all they keep spouting on about the ongoing need for investment and yet they have never met him.

2) So Mr Cullum you want to get control of Norwich City for 20M what are you prepared to offer in terms of purchasing some or all of Delia and MWJ shares Waving around this 20M whilst its true it is at least twice as much as Delia has ever put into the club answers no questions. Just like the rediculous 56M that Delia tried to scare him off with in the first place. Whats you vision of the future ?

I guess politics has always annoyed me and you never get a straight answer from a politician but I would have hoped for more from the custodians of our club and potential succesors

Sorry was ranting about this to myself on another thread, it shouldn''t need to be like this next it will be bare knuckle fighting at carrow rd, winner gets the club

Yep. On the one hand we have the never ending conflicting stories of the EDP and EEN and then we have Rick "Murderer of the English Language" Waghorn.

I read that and sprayed my office wall with coffee... 

In other ''football'' web news however..My little project reached a milestone today... http://unprofessionalfoul.blogspot.com/ -Bigus

"continual swaggering rhetoric that is plastered all over the newspapers and websites" - such as?And why is the £56 million ridiculous? £20 million for players was Cullum''s figure, not the clubs. The directors'' loans have clear conditions that state they would need to be repaid in the event of a change of ownership, the commercial loans are the same. The only contentious issue is the share price at £30 each - even if Delia and MWJ give theirs away about £6.5 million would be needed to buy the rest at the "current" price, making a total of £46 million.

[quote user="suffolk canary"]

I challenge anyone to read his articles and not cringe.  He uses language in such a sickly way, it detracts from some often interesting points of view. 

Take this on PC''s backroom boys and their supposed manouverings:

''Pete, let them sweat... feel the heat. Walk away. Give it the big: ''Nah, not interested any more...'' Let them crawl back to you when the punters are on the streets...''Yeh, yeh. Then drop it to £15 mill; but let ''em suffer first...''

Oh dear.

[/quote]I fail your challenge.  I cannot be bothered to even look at his site.  He gets all his "news" secondhand anyway and half the time I thinkn he has cobbled together an article from a few posts from various message boards.

Who does Waghorn seriously think he is?

Oh I know, a failed bitter journalist....

He is talking absolute tripe, and I hope he is reading this.

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=4083&w=25&a=0&part=1

latest from King Canute, or General Kurtz...

[/quote]What a great bit of "journalism".  He has basically typed out an interview with Roeder on the BBC available here if you would rather just listen to it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7597677.stm

[quote user="paul ncfc"]The latest one is even worse,is he on Delia''s payroll?
[/quote]

I really think he might be, seriously, the same with Mick Dennis. I''m not saying that perhaps they are paid monday directly by Delia but i bet Dennis gets "perks" from his brown noseing.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]The latest one is even worse,is he on Delia''s payroll?
[/quote]

I really think he might be, seriously, the same with Mick Dennis. I''m not saying that perhaps they are paid monday directly by Delia but i bet Dennis gets "perks" from his brown noseing.

He is turning into a crazy middle-aged man sat in his garden shed bashing out drivel.

Or shoud I say: "Bolted into his garden shed in deepest, darkest Norfolk."

Something is stirring, who are you? Who are you? Stop. Hammer-time!  

[/quote]

The amazing thing, Lol, is that some people actually PAY to read the drivel! 

Just been checking and I''ve had my post about Waghorn removed, I assume due to my Archant reference, but it''s still quite amusing that this one has gone when everyone else seems to think he''s a tit too! What a rebel I am.

[quote user="shortfatb"]Just been checking and I''ve had my post about Waghorn removed, I assume due to my Archant reference, but it''s still quite amusing that this one has gone when everyone else seems to think he''s a tit too! What a rebel I am.[/quote]

I had mine removed too

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]Just been checking and I''ve had my post about Waghorn removed, I assume due to my Archant reference, but it''s still quite amusing that this one has gone when everyone else seems to think he''s a tit too! What a rebel I am.[/quote]

I had mine removed too

[/quote]

Perhaps it because we live in nice places that aren''t in Norfolk, parochial bastards.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="canarytom"]

I had mine removed too

[/quote]

Perhaps it because we live in nice places that aren''t in Norfolk, parochial bastards.

[/quote]

And there was me thinking it had something to do with my reference to pencil d1ck

I had a post about Archant''s reporting of this matter removed as well but I''ve repeated it on Carrow Road net so there is always another way to skin a cat, isn''t there Pete.[8-|]

If your view of Waghorn is worse than mine of Archant, I''ll willingly concede to you.  But it might be necessary to carry on the conversation elsewhere.

Carrow Road net is where I can say what I like.  I often don''t agree with them but I can say what I like so that''s where I sometimes say it.

Pete isn''t allowed to say anything about Archant but, being self employed, I can - it''s one of the few joys of being self employed, aside from tax advantages and a bloody good accountant who spends our money in all sorts of multifarious ways, claiming: "I know what the tax inspector will  take and what he won''t."

Apparently so[:#]