Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

Thank god for delia and Michael

Once again they have shown just how important it is to have GENUINE lovers of the club in charge, they don''t have a bottomless bag of loot but the club is lucky enough

that they are able to fill the £2 million shortfall in the budget caused by the Turners decision or in ability to keep their promises.

It is now clear just how important it is to find the right kind of investors rather than take the first multi millionaire to try to buy into the club.

Say for example someone offers the kind of mony that Cullam was reported to offer only to fall short a couple of years down the line, what would happen then ?

The club needs someone with REAL money not funds tied up in investments or other companies, exactly the kind of people Delia and Michael are.

I am sure they have both had enough of all the shit that Some posters on these boards write but they care enough about our great club to put up with it, but for how much longer ?

I hope and pray that they both carry on until the right replacement comes along.

My God. Yes don''t let that nasty Mr Cullum anywhere near our lovely little club.

Despite having all that money he may turn into a turtle in a few years time and take all his money to the bottom of the sea - then what will we do then?

In the meantime we could have some exciting times to look forward to and just imagine what those tortured binners will be doing!

Bo---cks, they invited the Turner''s in, and they got stuffed.......they had to bail the club out, otherwise it would be administration.........and who will buy then........It has been done purely to safeguard the club in the short term, while another mug...sorry....investor is found.....BRING ON P.C.

Agree with most of that.

So, is Cullum another Delia, or more like the owners of Newcastle or West Ham?

They have backed the club with another 2 million that is big money to them - how they can possibly take stick for it is beyond me. Perhaps the critics would like to put a large slice of wealth into the club? (But I suspect it is only other people''s money that they are hapy to spend!)

[quote user="Badger"]They have backed the club with another 2 million that is big money to them - how they can possibly take stick for it is beyond me. Perhaps the critics would like to put a large slice of wealth into the club? (But I suspect it is only other people''s money that they are hapy to spend!)[/quote]

that is the whole problem Badger. it may be big money to them, unfortunately it doesn''t go far in football today.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Badger"]They have backed the club with another 2 million that is big money to them - how they can possibly take stick for it is beyond me. Perhaps the critics would like to put a large slice of wealth into the club? (But I suspect it is only other people''s money that they are hapy to spend!)[/quote]

that is the whole problem Badger. it may be big money to them, unfortunately it doesn''t go far in football today.

[/quote]

I agree with you BB. I hope that I am proven wrong but I don''t think that there are many benevolent philanthropists that are likely to come to our rescue. Without revisiting all the old arguments about Cullum''s "offer," I don''t think he was being straight and I don''t think that the Smith''s can afford to take the sort of financial "hit" that might have gone with it.

I accept that I may be hopelessly naive, but I think that the Smith''s have done the best they can for the club and poured their hearts into it and that they simply deserve better than to suffer a huge financial loss as well. If a multi billionaire, with the best of intentions for the club comes along, I can''t see why s/he should haggle over a few million - goodness knows how much they would have to spend to make us a "comfortable premiership club."

[quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]

Once again they have shown just how important it is to have GENUINE lovers of the club in charge, they don''t have a bottomless bag of loot but the club is lucky enough

that they are able to fill the £2 million shortfall in the budget caused by the Turners decision or in ability to keep their promises.

It is now clear just how important it is to find the right kind of investors rather than take the first multi millionaire to try to buy into the club.

Say for example someone offers the kind of mony that Cullam was reported to offer only to fall short a couple of years down the line, what would happen then ?

The club needs someone with REAL money not funds tied up in investments or other companies, exactly the kind of people Delia and Michael are.

I am sure they have both had enough of all the shit that Some posters on these boards write but they care enough about our great club to put up with it, but for how much longer ?

I hope and pray that they both carry on until the right replacement comes along.

[/quote]

What kind of a knob are you? Just because they announce they gonna put in 2million it doesn''t follow that they actually will. This is the woman who said everything in the garden is rosey and there''s lots of lovely investment. Well she told porkies that day, and I reckon she''s telling porkies today. Did you actually accompany her down to the bank? So how you you KNOW this is fact. Answer is it is just your SPECULATION.

Kidderminster Canary,

Answer this one simple question please.

Is this £2M cash injection a ''gift'' (with no strings attached whatsoever) or is it a ''loan'' (repayable on a certain date, in the event of a specific situation arising or on demand)?

IF it is a gift then you have every right to go down on your knees and fawn at the gate of The Celebrity Cook but if it''s another loan then ultimately she will get her money back. I suspect it''s the latter. Whilst very welcome and we thank her for it to ease the short term cash flow problems, please let''s not get carried away in yet another wave of     ''she''s saved us from extinction''  mythology.

Financially The Cook has put substantial sums into the club yet I''ll bet when she sells up she won''t be a penny out of pocket so where''s the REAL generosity??

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Is this £2M cash injection a ''gift'' (with no strings attached whatsoever) or is it a ''loan'' (repayable on a certain date, in the event of a specific situation arising or on demand)?

[/quote]

Valid point YR.  I''m sure that on the Look East coverage last night it didn''t come across as a ''gift''.

A wealthy owner does not mean that they will invest in the club,  as a Blackpool fan pointed out when highlighting just how wealthy the co-owners of his club are...