Sign in to follow this  
Rock the Boat

Board Apologists - where are you now?

[quote user="ricky knight"]

We are all city fans on here, divided by different views. My view is Delia has run her course, should have gone ages ago and if fans had the bottle to miss a few games, not renew season tickets her hand would have been forced. Short term pain for long term health is better than a creaking gate or blind faith. While carrow is sold out, what pressure atre the board under to produce.

In my view we are more ready for div 1 than a top six finish, again we sell a player and bring in loanees, we want NORWICH CITY players not others cast offs, or not readys.

This board has messed up we are as near as skint as we can get and its down to negligance imo and they should all go asap and watch her take a big profit with her.

[/quote]

Ricky, Ricky, Ricky.  Just to change the subject very quickly and contest one of your points, WERE YOU AT THE GAME ON SATURDAY ???  Our team is NOT going down, we are far too good.  GR has got us playing real football again. That alone should cheer even you up.

Now the Smiths are putting a further £2 million into the club, with little chance of getting it back. In proportion, probably a far bigger chunk of their wealth than the fabled £20 million is to Peter Cullum.Yes, they''ve made mistakes. Yes we want to be higher up the league, but I believe that is where we are going. They have also achived promotion during their time and have the club on a relatively stable financial footing - if you look at clubs in similar situations to us I think they have us performing better than many. Not where we''d all like to be, but hardly the incompetence you claim.How much money have you put in rock the boat?

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="ricky knight"]

We are all city fans on here, divided by different views. My view is Delia has run her course, should have gone ages ago and if fans had the bottle to miss a few games, not renew season tickets her hand would have been forced. Short term pain for long term health is better than a creaking gate or blind faith. While carrow is sold out, what pressure atre the board under to produce.

In my view we are more ready for div 1 than a top six finish, again we sell a player and bring in loanees, we want NORWICH CITY players not others cast offs, or not readys.

This board has messed up we are as near as skint as we can get and its down to negligance imo and they should all go asap and watch her take a big profit with her.

[/quote]

Ricky, Ricky, Ricky.  Just to change the subject very quickly and contest one of your points, WERE YOU AT THE GAME ON SATURDAY ???  Our team is NOT going down, we are far too good.  GR has got us playing real football again. That alone should cheer even you up.

[/quote]

Scooby, Scooby, Scooby, my man, i did not say we would get relegated, i said we are more geared for div1 than promotion, so i predict a bottom half finish. Yes i also said i am happy we are playing football but perhaps you will answer my question i keep asking, how many games have we won since the end of january. I will cheer up and even go to Carrow Road Again when Queen Delia has gone

[quote user="porkyp"]IF your numbers are correct, which I doubt, that is still only 5.3 million pound profit, over 11 years and then divided equally between MWJ and Delia that is less than 250k profit per year, there are far more profitable ventures people with money can get involved with. The rest of the paragraph is again your perception although at teh Norfolk show she might have been a little tipsy...

If you want a profitable venture, you do not put your cash into a football club
Delia  and MWJ''s have been majority shareholders for the best part of 11 years...
My wife is majority shareholder of her own company, and has been for several years, but she doesn''t run the businness.

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing
You would imagine that all concerned at Carrow Road did heir hmework on the Turner''s, but it certainly doesn''t look like it!

Poor arguments there my friend.
[/quote]

I think you may have misinterpreted my comments. The comments above were in response to Rock of the Boat''s original post. It is exactly the point I was making that football is not a profitable business. The fact that you say a majority sahreholder does not run the business further adds to my original argument. Finally if the Turner''s left for ''personal reasons'' or because of the credit crunch regardless of how much homework anybody did on the Turner''s it would have been virtually impossible to see them leaving so soon due to the actual reason...

[quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Answer the question rock the boat.  What is the answer to these problems?

You can''t. All you can do is spout your drivvel.

[/quote]

Read more carefully, little man, I already replied to you. There are not that many billionaires in the country. There is one who has been prepared to put 20 million in. Delia told him to sod off - not once but twice - and you apologists cheered the roof off.

The Turner''s have seen right through Our Lady of Stowmarket and have told her where to stuff it. And still you weasel up to her.

I hope that when she eventually leaves the club all you Dealiarites cancel your season tickets - because you don''t deserve to follow a football club owned by anyone else.

[/quote]

Actually, according the Sunday Times Rich List 2008 there are 95 billionaries residing in the UK, of which currently only 9 billionaries are involved with football clubs. That is not including the new money such as the Abu Dhabi group at Man City and potential foreign billionarires. So in my estimation there are plenty of billionaires foe each and every on of the 92 football league clubs...

Unfortuantely if you choose not to believe Roger Munby when he says that they are in talks with more than one potential investor then that is your look out.

And as for your final point, all I can say is at least we have a season ticket for Norwich currently.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

well they have been here nearly 12 years so they have not done to bad.

where are you then on a saturday afternoon because i never here any delia out songs, all the delia bashing that goes on is on this bored where people are in there comfort zone. i bet face to face you wouldnt have the bottle to say it, spineless!

we all want new investment, but i very much doubt delia is the selfish b*tch you lot make out, she wants the best for this club no doubt about it in my mind. she is being made the scapegoat in a very difficult situation.

[/quote]

I said it to MWJ''s face and him and a few cohorts told me to P''-off!!! [:$]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Rock the Boat"]

To all the board apologists and fence sitters out there, I hope that at last the message has sunk home what many posters having been saying for years on this message board, yet you have failed to accept.

That is Delia and her husband just do not have the managerial ability to run a sandwich shop, let alone a football club.

They turn their noses up at 20 million quid from Britain’s 40th richest man, in the vain and hopeless belief that the Turners will dig them out of a hole. One might ask on which planet they have been living for the past few years if they were not aware that the so-called backers business empire was in the sub-prime mortgage sector at a time when the sub-prime market has collapsed globally, bankrupting financial institutions such as Northern Rock in the process.

Did our main shareholders ever stop to consider that all might not be well in the Turner’s backyard when they cocked a snoot at Cullum? With nothing but a verbal promise of more financial backing from the owners of Central Trust they seem to be having another Rosenborg moment. Yet this time it is not the fate of where a thirty-year old Norwegian might end up, but that the whole future of our club is now hanging in the balance.

They don’t seem to have a clue what is happening in the world around them.

They hung on, thinking they could turn a 4.3 million investment into a 9.6 million return. They laid down strict and narrow rules on who could or who could not invest in the club. They said one thing in public and then went and did the opposite in private. Delia has milked the adulation of her supporters for all it is worth and but failed to pay the going rate. Like a King Canute they command the sea to go back while the waves curl around their ears. Go check out the Norfolk Show interview, the last of Our lady’s public utterances. She seems totally bewildered by the questioning, like somebody who has not just lost the plot, but never understood it in the first place.

The board apologists have played a part in all of this sorry mess. By your continual finding some excuse for her mistakes, by pandering to the ‘celebrity-knows-best’ attitude, by living in denial about what is happening at the club, even when evidence such as the annual accounts is put before you, you have played your part in allowing the club to come to this sorry state of affairs.

[/quote]

The only apologists are you fools who think the world is full of billionares willing to throw millions into a bottomless pit.

Even Peter Cullum is not interested in running this club before you spout that one. He''s willing to loan the money but like the Turners when the shit hits the fan he''ll want it back as well.

So go on gobshite,what''s the nswer?

[/quote]

oh what a load of pap... have the Turners demanded their money back?

Has Cullum hinted that he would want his money back?

The only people that are trying to take their money back and then go on to double what thney initially invested are the crooked two majority shareholders.

I see you are still making excuses for them?

Even now they appear to be trying to strenghten their hand at the head of a failing regime... pathetic!!!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Ricky have you seen the games this season? You would understand that the team are playing great football, and if we slip into League One I would actually be astonished. Also, do you honestly think a football fan would not turn up? There is a culture around the game that "if I don''t go, someone else will", so no-one is ever going to give up their ticket, it quite simply just wont happen. But, like you say differing views and all that. We all want to see investment, and I agree it should have been in sooner.[/quote]

3 points out of 12 = relegation form (and that is when we are playing well)

Let us all hope that we do not ever play badly this season hey???  [:$] [:D]

I’ll tell you what a board apologist is. It’s some mealy-mouthed poster who writes comments such as ‘Cullum never made an offer’ or ‘We don’t know what his motives are’ You are the fence sitters who occupy the moral low ground just waiting to see which way the wind is going. You’re the limp-wristed, posterior-retentive, bran-eating, cardigan-wearing whingers who go to Carra Rud and shout ‘Baa!’

I have more respect for the unabashed, Delia sycophants who at least have the courage to take up a position, but you lot in the middle are the real apologists because the Stowmarket Two would have been seen for what they are a long time ago without your weasly support. You post that Cullum’s offer should be fair to Delia as though fairness is the most important consideration in the future of my club. Yeah, like the world is fair and everyone can win first prize, right? This is not some Islington Morris Dancing society for one-legged single mothers, it’s a freakin’ football club for god’s sake.

When I think of you apologists, I see the colour beige. I know who wear the trousers in your household and it isn’t you lot. You’re spunkless quiche-lovers who, if you had any sort of moral fibre would reign your season tickets the moment the Smith’s step down from the board.

But you don’t have any moral fibre so you won’t will you? Now run along and do the dishes – and don’t forget your pinnies.

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]

I’ll tell you what a board apologist is. It’s some mealy-mouthed poster who writes comments such as ‘Cullum never made an offer’ or ‘We don’t know what his motives are’ You are the fence sitters who occupy the moral low ground just waiting to see which way the wind is going. You’re the limp-wristed, posterior-retentive, bran-eating, cardigan-wearing whingers who go to Carra Rud and shout ‘Baa!’

I have more respect for the unabashed, Delia sycophants who at least have the courage to take up a position, but you lot in the middle are the real apologists because the Stowmarket Two would have been seen for what they are a long time ago without your weasly support. You post that Cullum’s offer should be fair to Delia as though fairness is the most important consideration in the future of my club. Yeah, like the world is fair and everyone can win first prize, right? This is not some Islington Morris Dancing society for one-legged single mothers, it’s a freakin’ football club for god’s sake.

When I think of you apologists, I see the colour beige. I know who wear the trousers in your household and it isn’t you lot. You’re spunkless quiche-lovers who, if you had any sort of moral fibre would reign your season tickets the moment the Smith’s step down from the board.

But you don’t have any moral fibre so you won’t will you? Now run along and do the dishes – and don’t forget your pinnies.

[/quote]

I know you are, but what am I? [:D]

I''ll tell you what you sound like Rock The Boat, remember Timothy from "Sorry" the brow beaten can''t pull away from mummy''s apron strings even though all your peers have left home. Desperately wanting to be your own man but mum keeps putting you down.

Taking out all your anger on football supporters that don''t share your view, do you see Delia as representing your mother, perhaps you want us to rise up and defeat her as deep down you want to defeat your mum!

The only difference being he was amusing and witty, you just come across as a complete tw*t!

OTBC

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

I''ll tell you what you sound like Rock The Boat, remember Timothy from "Sorry" the brow beaten can''t pull away from mummy''s apron strings even though all your peers have left home. Desperately wanting to be your own man but mum keeps putting you down.

Taking out all your anger on football supporters that don''t share your view, do you see Delia as representing your mother, perhaps you want us to rise up and defeat her as deep down you want to defeat your mum!

The only difference being he was amusing and witty, you just come across as a complete tw*t!

OTBC

I''m sure that Tomothy had had access to the internet he too would have vented his spleen by bravely posting libel and slander safe in the knowledge that he would never have to look any of the recipients in the eye or back up his statements.Its a great life being a keyboard warrior.You can be whoever you want to be,regardless of how inconsequential you are in the real world.Its sad,really, and probably more worthy of pity than contempt.

[/quote]

[quote user="Beauseant"]I''m sure that Tomothy had had access to the

internet he too would have vented his spleen by bravely posting libel

and slander safe in the knowledge that he would never have to look any

of the recipients in the eye or back up his statements.Its a great life

being a keyboard warrior.You can be whoever you want to be,regardless

of how inconsequential you are in the real world.Its sad,really, and

probably more worthy of pity than contempt.[/quote]

Ah, but you forget Beauseant, Smudger hasn''t just insulted and

slandered most of the community of NCFC on the message boards, he''s

done it to their faces too! Cos he''s, y''know, like, hard...

innit!  He''s a gorram hero, and how do we know... because he said

so, so there![:P]