Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

Wot no exclusives today Archant

Well, the thumbnail on the EDP website has a splash header of "Waiting Game for City Fans" but there''s nothing on-line. Anyone read the paper - is there anything new in the article or just rehashing the news from yesterday?

[quote user="National express super guard "]without wishing to make you look stupid, my name national express super guard kinda gives it away. I am a conductor (old money guard) for national express east anglia. one of my best friends is a journo and I know she does ok, but she does research stories[/quote]

It isn''t my desire to make you look stupid either, and why would I waste my time when you''re clearly doing a brilliant job of performing the latter all by yourself?TICKETS PLEASE!  [;)]

[quote user="National express super guard "]address your concerns to andrew.chivers@nationalexpress.com the mdI''ve

also known the 1745 to sheringham being a single coach train, very

cosy. it aint the conductors fault, I don''t wanna be squeezed in with

you lot!!!!!
[/quote]

The 2-carriage, cross-country Norwich to Liverpool Lime Street train

annoys me more... every day its crammed full, especially at peak times

and every time I use it the carriage is full of standees and its

uncomfortable in the extreme, even for those sitting down on aisle

seats with people''s arses shoved right in front of your face.  A

girl was standing so close the other week she felt my phone vibrate in

my pocket, scared the sh*t out of her! I didn''t complain, mind... [;)]

Erm, I reckon I''ve said too much....

[quote user="National express super guard "]address your concerns to andrew.chivers@nationalexpress.com the md
I''ve also known the 1745 to sheringham being a single coach train, very cosy. it aint the conductors fault, I don''t wanna be squeezed in with you lot!!!!!

[/quote]

LOL, it reallys angers me, I have a five  year old daughter who comes with me to games, and the journey home scares her to death!

Well, seeing how National Express is so badly run I think it''s a tad rich of you to be complaining about Archant''s journalism.

[quote user="National express super guard "]where

as the liverpool / norwich train aint run us, any other comments about

national express east anglia please email our MD, the staff do care

about you all, just we can''t do anything about it!!!!!
[/quote]

I know its not, I just wanted to whinge... [:)]

Personally I think the trains network in this country is a complete

joke and is run for profit rather than service, but that''s what you get

with privatisation I guess...

[quote user="shyster"]Well, seeing how National Express is so badly run I think it''s a tad rich of you to be complaining about Archant''s journalism.[/quote]journalists are responsible for what is written, overcrowding, late running, evil monkey giving and receiving cheap thrills, isn''t the conductors fault. did you wake up on wrong side of bed?

Conductors are also responsible for collecting fares yet the amount of people I see travelling free on the Sheringham to Norwich service is ridiculous.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaay...That article is up now:http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED05%20Sep%202008%2010%3A44%3A24%3A713The interesting bit:So who are those investors?One thing is certain: Peter Cullum is one of them. Norwich City have been talking to Mr Cullum since Andrew and Sharon Turner triggered the dash for cash by quitting as directors at Carrow Road and leaving a £1.5m black hole in the balance sheet.It is unlikely that any conversation has taken place directly between the billionaire businessman and Delia and Michael. But contact has been established - possibly through their representatives.Having broken down twice already, those talks are sure to be tense - not least because Delia and Michael are smarting from the way the executive chairman of insurance giant Towergate has conducted matters in public.

[quote user="National express super guard "]machine failures account for a large amount of people travelling free, again not our fault. conductors are on at least 4% commission so can''t see them not going through train coz can''t be bothered. [/quote]

You could make a name for yourself by devising a quicker and more efficient system for purchasing tickets and forwarding the idea to your governers.I have a brilliant idea which I would suggest to you, but your behaviour towards the Archant employees prevents from doing so.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="National express super guard "]machine failures account for a large amount of people travelling free, again not our fault. conductors are on at least 4% commission so can''t see them not going through train coz can''t be bothered.
[/quote]

You could make a name for yourself by devising a quicker and more efficient system for purchasing tickets and forwarding the idea to your governers.

I have a brilliant idea which I would suggest to you, but your behaviour towards the Archant employees prevents from doing so.
[/quote]

Someone has a bee in his bonnet!!!  Do you work for Archant?  Are you seriously trying to say the quality of reporting from Archant over the last few days has been good?