Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

"That" 20 Million Quid

Right, should Delia manage to "Cook Something Up" with Cullum, who would you spend that much quoted 20 Million on?

Id try and make Betrand, Kennedy and Lupoli''s loans permanent and get Super Ched back and tie up that Iverson business. I''d also like to bring in a mifielder like Koumas.

What do you think?

id basically build a squad                                                marshalleardley                kennedy                     stefo/balde/caldwell          bertrand

scannell                      howard                watson                       thomas

lupoli                      evans/bishopmaybe an optomistic side, still probs within 20m ish...    

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Right, should Delia manage to "Cook Something Up" with Cullum, who would you spend that much quoted 20 Million on?

Id try and make Betrand, Kennedy and Lupoli''s loans permanent and get Super Ched back and tie up that Iverson business. I''d also like to bring in a mifielder like Koumas.

What do you think?

[/quote]

I''d give it to Micky Carroll. He knows how to spend it.

£20M would be great but to get the premier league and stay there we would need more like 100 Million.

£20M- give it to Glenn and see what he can get- for me it would need to be better left and right mid (pace and skill) and a couple more real strikers. Other than that just cover all round.

Don''t think you need £100 million to get to the Premier. Maybe to stay there for a while, but £20 million spent well should give any club a good chance of going up.

I agree with the bloke who said make Bertrand, Kennedy & Lupoli permanent.  I would also stick a cash offer in for Ched.  In fairness that would probably take most of the cash.

But I think that we have a decent chance of being in and around the business end of this league without the £20m, providing Sibierski is the catalyst to start us scoring goals.

20 million quid could buy you the players needed to get promoted.

problem is, you need different style players and different class players to stay up there.

Lupoli, Kennedy and Bertrand are all good ages and wouldn''t cost a great deal. None of them are really needed/wanted at their clubs. If Sibierski performs, give him a 1 or 2 year contract.

I reckon after that you''d have around 16million. I could right down a list of players who i think would be good value etc. but its just speculation, and i''ve taken to emailing Gunny players i think we should sign. Im hoping for a scouting position, post university!

i''d deny i ever said about the 20 million publically, stop all fans fourms and the new cheif exec i hire will not reply to emails... we would refuse to talk to the press then place every single member of the squad on the transfer list...

Or i''d sign Kenndy, Lupoli, Iverson, Bishop. not sure who else...

jas :)