Sign in to follow this  
macdougalls perm

How many people post on this board?

Sorry, quite boring but I was just curious. [:)]

Was just wondering with all of the accusations that fly around here on a daily basis re who says what and what kind of effect it does (or, more likely, doesn''t) have on the opinions of NCFC''s fan base/ the board/ the playing staff etc. Also, when people try to generalise about what proportion of fans agree with their point of view, how representative of the general fanbase are those that post on here; I would imagine for instance that those with the strongest opinions (either way) are those most likely to post on here? Or is it mainly those whose work allows them to flick onto this board to relieve boredom/ have a bit of a break occasionally? The influence of posters is obviously occasionally disproportionately influential when posts regarding controversial issues are quoted in the EDP/EEN.

Anyway, I suppose that my question is for Web Team/Pete as there would be no way of knowing how many individual people (that just read the board) are represented in the numbers of ''hits'' but, Pete, how many people have current accounts registered here that have actually posted?      

Well unique visitors to the site as a whole is around the 100,000 mark but to get figures for the forum section, and in particular those that post, would take some looking into. Leave it with me.

Interested in the answer but I would tend to agree that those most active and/or "vocal" will be those with very strong views which may give an entirely false impression of the real opinion across the entire board community. The fear of being harangued by someone who disagrees can also put people off putting milder or contrary views.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Well unique visitors to the site as a whole is around the 100,000 mark but to get figures for the forum section, and in particular those that post, would take some looking into. Leave it with me.[/quote]

Sounds like a good friday afternoon job!

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Well unique visitors to the site as a whole is around the 100,000 mark but to get figures for the forum section, and in particular those that post, would take some looking into. Leave it with me.[/quote]

[/quote]

Not for me, have emailed it on. I have work to do!

Okey doke, cheers. No, not at all, don''t bother if it''s a hassle!! I thought it might be quite simple to do, no worries, I was only curious.

Ta anyway! [Y]

[quote user="Chrisr"]ahh but 550 of them were Chris or varients of Chris methinks.....[/quote]

All variants of ''Chris'' would have come under 1 user.

[quote user="canarytom"]

[/quote]Can''t wait until ''Good Friday''[8-|]

i''ve only ever posted under my one true name, it''s just sad to set up second accounts etc.. might as well just talk to yourself out loud!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Last month saw 1,175 different posters.[/quote]

Cheers, sorry to be a pain. [:)]

That''s actually quite a bit more than I would have guessed, and I''m quite surprised at the 100,000 ''browses''.

Seems like a more valid cross section that I''d thought although I''d agree that the more ''vigorously'' opinionated fans are more likely to post on here and, as Tumbleweed says, possibly inhibit people in giving their totally honest opinions (either way, that is).