Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Whats actually going on at the club?

Ive only heard snips of news due to hospital appointments this week, so would be grateful for any info you can give me. heard the Turners have gone and want there money back-any truth? Also heard Peter C was at carrow road yesterday any truth to this?

Regards

Arthur

The Turners left without paying £2m they''d promised.

Delia and Michael invested £2m to cover this.

Munby confirmed they were looking for investment.

Cullum refused to rule out anything.

The rest is pure speculation.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Ive only heard snips of news due to hospital appointments this week, so would be grateful for any info you can give me. heard the Turners have gone and want there money back-any truth? Also heard Peter C was at carrow road yesterday any truth to this?

Regards

Arthur

[/quote]

Arthur, just ask Archant they will tell you...........one thing then the other, then another etc.

Also heard Peter C was at carrow road yesterday any truth to this?

Regards

Arthur

[/quote]

I really hope so Arthur! i really do!

Hope all went well at the hospital too

jas :)

Regards

Arthur

[/quote]

And therein is the million pound question Arthur. I''d have a random guess, you''d probably be closer than anything that''s being reported!

Regards

Arthur

[/quote]Hope all is well Arthur.You picked a great week to be absent.In the feeding frenzy that was the last day of the transfer window, it appears that the BT workmen down Carrow Road managed to get a few of the lines crossed with some very odd results.Seems an order came in from the bar at Yellows asking for ''two Directors'' but unfortunately the call was patched through to Glenns phone and the Turners were transferred from the Club, we''re not sure yet if it''s a permanent transfer, there has been talk in the press about them not wanting a return on loan just yet or something like that but nobody seems to know for sure quite what the true situation is there.Apparently Delia was on the ''phone to her hairstylist discussing her next appointment when suddenly Steve Bruce got put through, on hearing the words ''stylish'' ''French'' and ''not on a perm'' how was Delia to know she was agreeing to Sibierski on a temporary transfer? ND was practising for life away from football, as usual spending his lunch break walking up and down in front of his desk rehearsing that killer speech which would sway the Judge and Jury and free the accused but he accidentally knocked on the loudspeaker button on his telephone and the Middlesborough staff definitely must have heard him saying something about ''needing Grounds for his defence'' because within hours we''d signed another defender. Doris the tealady was actually talking about her great nieces very small son being invested in the Cubs but the line was poor so the EDP journo who''d reached her instead of Mr Munby by mistake can be forgiven for thinking she said ''sum '' and ''club'' and when Eric the maintenance man ''phoned the merchants to ask about a new urinal for the staff toilets  unfortunately I think he reached the Daily Mail instead of Wickes so it''s little wonder that he had to explain what a urinal actually was and what purpose it serves, although his language apparently could have been a little less partisan.[:^)] Head of promotions Noah Dear realising that a late night was on the cards called the local Indian takeaway saying ''I''ve got three dozen people for a late night can I have some Curry okay?'' Problem was his line was crossed with NAFF Promotions Inc. who just agreed that this Karaoke night was a far better idea than the summers ''Greatest Ever'' they''d run a few months earlier and that was probably why they had a bigger crowd. Glenn made a late bid for Ched but Waveney garden supplies sent him a 8''X10''summerhouse instead, a man kept running into the ground shouting "Taxi for Smith!" though we aren''t sure if this was due to a mix up between Sprowston Private hire or another one man Smudger protest. Peter Cullum phoned Delia but the Directors line had been spliced to the WOTB hotline so every cry of "Deal or No Deal?" was met with a torrent of mildly amusing one liners, Delia did actually get through to PC whilst actually trying for a taxi but she quickly realised the mistake and pretended to order a pizza. And we sold Shackell for an undisclosed fee (reported to be £1m in The Sun and other papers) but I just can''t think of anything bizarre enough to explain why anyone would pay that much for Shackell so you''re on your own there.Hope this helps, if all else fails believe no-one.