Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Friday afternoon vote....

Given the choice, who would be your preferred commentator....Roy Waller or Chris GorehamPersonally I would like to see a three pronged attack of both alongside Neil Adams, I just can''t decide between the two.  Roy is a legend but I find Chris Goreham''s excitement infectious.  It''s a difficult choice.

One thing that does slightly annoy me about Chris...

If we''ve had a decent attempt on goal he''ll get all excited and say "OH THAT''S A GREAT SHOT BY JAMIE CURETON..."

And I''m sitting there thinking "well is it in or not???"

It may seem trivial and it probably is trivial but it bugs me just a little bit.

[quote user="GJP"]

One thing that does slightly annoy me about Chris...

If we''ve had a decent attempt on goal he''ll get all excited and say "OH THAT''S A GREAT SHOT BY JAMIE CURETON..."

And I''m sitting there thinking "well is it in or not???"

It may seem trivial and it probably is trivial but it bugs me just a little bit.

[/quote]He is prone to attacks of hyperbole but then I suppose we are all guilty of that whilst watching the team we love, goes with the passion.  [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Chris Goreham.Waller was too much like this:"Shot comes in... oh... is it.... hang on..... and.... yes.... yes.... it''s a corner!"[/quote]Fun listening to his crusade against all referee''s!!

I Love watchin the match and listenin to the commentary.That way i get to hear the opposition palyers names too.hehehe..saves on the failing eyes......

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I''m an Al Micheals fan. .[/quote]

enough said! they should clone Al Michaels and put all the clones as commentators in EVERY sport.... you wouldnt get dukll sounding Martin Tyler or over excited John Motson anywhere!

Add "Big John" as summariser and TV/Radio commentary would be brilliant! as Madden himself would say "Boom!"

im still angered by E A''s decision to drop Al and John as Commentators on Madden NFL 2009....

jas :)

I dont tend to listen to either of them  because every time i turn on the commentary on Radio Norfolk the other team normally scores,sorry lads,blame the mk dons,cov and most alarmingly,ips**t away last year on me.

"shot comes in"Waller did used to get excited when the other team scored though which always made me wonder whether he was a closet binner!!!