Sign in to follow this  
Ive got off the fence

Not as clear as you might all think

I''ve created a new user ID to post this message, so I am obviously going to come across as a newbie, but I have posted quite a few times on here under my normal guise. I realise this will immediately have me pigeon-holed as a binner/percy/delia in disguise… but hey, there ya go… you don''t have to read this if you don''t want to. I would imagine that if Pete dug through my registration process for this user ID he would recognise my name (and I hope that he would keep that a secret but could also confirm that I am not a chris/velo/greenhearts type).

The reason that I have created this new user ID is quite simply to protect the identity of the person that told me this information. They will lose their job if this is traced back to them. I realise that this will lead to all forms of suspicion on the parts of the regulars but in all honesty, my friends salary and the livelihood of his family is far greater than the mud-slinging that will ensue… a position I hope that you can all understand and sympathise with.

Right, explanations over, this is what I have heard… and I have to say "what I have heard" or this thread will get pulled.

The Turners have negated on an agreed buy-out price for MWJ''s shares… they came back with an offer that was way short of what had originally been agreed and MWJ rightly said "Sorry, no way Jose/Andrew/Anthea". The only thing I have not been able to ascertain is whether this deal had been agreed before PC made his play… if it had it certainly explains lots of things. No meeting with PC, the Norfolk Show outburst etc etc!!!!

I have been told that Andrew Cullen''s departure was as a direct result of the way that the Turner''s were running the business side of the club… cos that was what they were doing, investigating every single last element from the number of people manning the tills to how many granules of coffee went on a spoon before adding the water (please don''t take that last analogy as gospel, it was merely to indicate that type of analysis they were carrying out). The atmosphere at the club since their arrival has been poisonous and fear-filled cos these are hard-nosed financial predators ladies and gentlemen, make no mistakes about that.

They were brought in to freshen up the business side of things, but they have gone way too far in their role… its the only way they know if you look at the business sector in which they operate. Money is king, end of…

I can only summise that their new offer had a direct result on the money that GR had available in this window… but as the deal didn''t happen and boardroom mayhem ensued, it can''t have helped.

All in all, it is looking very bleak at Carra boardroom-level wise, its amazing that GR hasn''t taken a walk in all honesty.

And it has certainly made up my mind to hoik my arse off the fence and hope and pray that this fight creates the opening for Peter Cullum to make his play cos Delia and MWJ are looking to leave… that much is certain. I know he''s another hard-nosed business man but unlike The Turners, he does actually have the dosh to play with, not rob Peter to pay Paul as they have been doing.

OK, let the Binner remarks begin!!!

As you rightly say, it isn''t as clear as you might think.  You''ve given us one side of the story which is fair enough.  But that''s all it is, no more no less.

[quote user="Ive got off the fence"]I''ve created a new user ID to post this message, so I am obviously going to come across as a newbie, but I have posted quite a few times on here under my normal guise. I realise this will immediately have me pigeon-holed as a binner/percy/delia in disguise… but hey, there ya go… you don''t have to read this if you don''t want to. I would imagine that if Pete dug through my registration process for this user ID he would recognise my name (and I hope that he would keep that a secret but could also confirm that I am not a chris/velo/greenhearts type).

The reason that I have created this new user ID is quite simply to protect the identity of the person that told me this information. They will lose their job if this is traced back to them. I realise that this will lead to all forms of suspicion on the parts of the regulars but in all honesty, my friends salary and the livelihood of his family is far greater than the mud-slinging that will ensue… a position I hope that you can all understand and sympathise with.

Right, explanations over, this is what I have heard… and I have to say "what I have heard" or this thread will get pulled.

The Turners have negated on an agreed buy-out price for MWJ''s shares… they came back with an offer that was way short of what had originally been agreed and MWJ rightly said "Sorry, no way Jose/Andrew/Anthea". The only thing I have not been able to ascertain is whether this deal had been agreed before PC made his play… if it had it certainly explains lots of things. No meeting with PC, the Norfolk Show outburst etc etc!!!!

I have been told that Andrew Cullen''s departure was as a direct result of the way that the Turner''s were running the business side of the club… cos that was what they were doing, investigating every single last element from the number of people manning the tills to how many granules of coffee went on a spoon before adding the water (please don''t take that last analogy as gospel, it was merely to indicate that type of analysis they were carrying out). The atmosphere at the club since their arrival has been poisonous and fear-filled cos these are hard-nosed financial predators ladies and gentlemen, make no mistakes about that.

They were brought in to freshen up the business side of things, but they have gone way too far in their role… its the only way they know if you look at the business sector in which they operate. Money is king, end of…

I can only summise that their new offer had a direct result on the money that GR had available in this window… but as the deal didn''t happen and boardroom mayhem ensued, it can''t have helped.

All in all, it is looking very bleak at Carra boardroom-level wise, its amazing that GR hasn''t taken a walk in all honesty.

And it has certainly made up my mind to hoik my arse off the fence and hope and pray that this fight creates the opening for Peter Cullum to make his play cos Delia and MWJ are looking to leave… that much is certain. I know he''s another hard-nosed business man but unlike The Turners, he does actually have the dosh to play with, not rob Peter to pay Paul as they have been doing.

OK, let the Binner remarks begin!!!

[/quote]

doesn''t sound like you''ve made it up...

cullum looks better for NCFC all the while, doesn''t he???

[quote] investigating every single last element from the number of people manning the tills to how many granules of coffee went on a spoon before adding the water (please don''t take that last analogy as gospel, it was merely to indicate that type of analysis they were carrying out). [/quote]

Well, that''s certainly one in the eye for those who say that money has been wasted on off-pitch activities.  I just hope this all ends quickly - looking at Watford the last thing you want is to have people who don''t want to be in charge, in charge.

Vicar - is that you ? [:)]

Interesting, but doesn''t make me anymore confident about money coming into the club. So you are saying that MWJ and the Turners had a deal, but then the Turners offered something derisory to him?

[quote user="Ive got off the fence"][quote user="Thirst Wizard"]marshmellowman come on down[/quote]Which means what exactly?[/quote]meaning you mentioned binner etc etc.  I mentioned somebody with strong opinions you didn''t.  Don''t worry it was meant as a joke

I think by now it is fairly clear that all is not good on the good ship Norwich. Question is, where do we go from here? Do not assume for one minute that PC would be any better - it takes a very shrewd businessman to build up an insurance empire as he has.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Interesting, but doesn''t make me anymore confident about money coming into the club. So you are saying that MWJ and the Turners had a deal, but then the Turners offered something derisory to him?[/quote]

No, I''m not the Vicar and please don''t go down the guess the identity route. Like I said, my mate''s job is worth far too much to me to even give you any clues… I''m too old for guessing games, which is why I made my opening para as clear as possible.

Sorry if I come across as scratchy with that one, but when you get past a certain age you can do without arsing around!

Well if waht you say is true then lets hope it prompts Delia and MWJ to re-assess whether they should be having soem negotiations with Peter Cullum.

At the end of the day I have met Andrew Turner and all he did was talk about cutting costs at NCFC. He came across to me as a penny pincher to be honest.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

At the end of the day I have met Andrew Turner and all he did was talk about cutting costs at NCFC. He came across to me as a penny pincher to be honest.

[/quote]If that is genuinely true, then you have to ask why the hell they''ve bought into a loss-making Championship club...

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="Ive got off the fence"][quote user="Thirst Wizard"]marshmellowman come on down[/quote]Which means what exactly?[/quote]meaning you mentioned binner etc etc.  I mentioned somebody with strong opinions you didn''t.  Don''t worry it was meant as a joke[/quote]Sorry about that… took me ages to type the bloody thing and your first answer was a few words long… not much cop with irony I''m afraid!

Thanks for the info.  I have always found the Turners investment as odd. For a start how they both got a seat on the board with such a small shareholding I will never know.

If the situation is as outlined in the OP, there is no obvious reason why the Turners'' departure should coincide with the end of the transfer window.  I reckon there''s a lot more to it than his source (? disgrunted employee) suggests.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Well if waht you say is true then lets hope it prompts Delia and MWJ to re-assess whether they should be having soem negotiations with Peter Cullum.

[/quote]To be fair to them, they thought that they had agreed a deal that would allow them a graceful exit and new investors pumping in some dosh (new money from old investors to be more accurate) to the playing side of things. From what I am hearing they have been more than a bit upset by the U-turn… ESPECIALLY with all the flak they faced over PC.I''m thinking that if The Turners had not been around, they would have dealt with PC no problems. Like I said, I don''t know this, but am forming my opinions based on what I have heard.

[quote] I have always found the Turners investment as odd. For a start how they both got a seat on the board with such a small shareholding I will never know. [/quote]

Barry Skipper was on the board with the same shareholding.  I don''t think Foulgers'' shareholding is particularly massive either.  I think it''s more to do with being local business people, having the contacts in the community, giving something back.

So the Turners came in to do a job that MWJ and DS had no experience in doing having never had businesses that big to manage and cost cut on. It certainly needed doing but as usual those type of exercises tend to get out of hand and makes no friends. The Turners have seen first hand what gets dished up to owners of football clubs and obviously did not like it. So derisory price to MWJ  if he takes great they have cheap and can sell on perhaps, if not they get out which is what they realy want.

The problem is now that MWJ and DS are VERY vunerable. Long term plans like repaying loans BEFORE spending will now need re thinking and PRUDENCE becomes an even bigger virtue. Can they afford to keep Glen happy (remember he said he came partly because of them) and keep the 25k plus baying fans at a distance?

I hate saying it but I am begining to feel a bit sorry for them. (I''ll take a tablet in a min). DS has made a bit of a fool of herself and her intentions however good are now looking a bit sad.

Enter PC on a white charger........just remember to be carefull for what you wish it might just come back and haunt you.

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]marshmellowman come on down
[/quote]

Its Mello

[/quote]

As in Mello Yellow

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[/quote]

Its Mello

[/quote]

It''s nobody we know.  We''re not doing that, we''re respecting the privacy of Mr Fence.  Aren''t we.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote] I have always found the Turners investment as odd. For a start how they both got a seat on the board with such a small shareholding I will never know. [/quote]

Barry Skipper was on the board with the same shareholding.  I don''t think Foulgers'' shareholding is particularly massive either.  I think it''s more to do with being local business people, having the contacts in the community, giving something back.

[/quote]I understand that Skipper was on the board Blah but he was one person.  The point is, if what fence says is true, it explains how 5000 shares got 2 people on the board.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[/quote]

Its Mello

[/quote]

It''s nobody we know.  We''re not doing that, we''re respecting the privacy of Mr Fence.  Aren''t we.

[/quote]

Ooops Sorry.

Cough.

These aren''t the droids we''re looking for

[quote user="Strawberry"]

If the situation is as outlined in the OP, there is no obvious reason why the Turners'' departure should coincide with the end of the transfer window.  I reckon there''s a lot more to it than his source (? disgrunted employee) suggests.

[/quote]I would imagine that there is a whole lot more than  I know… unfortunately my attempt to become the Hollow Man failed and therefore I couldn''t sneak in to Carra to hear for myself. I do believe however, that had the deal gone through as originally agreed GR''s budget would have been more than he got and he would have had it much earlier in the window.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

I understand that Skipper was on the board Blah but he was one person.  The point is, if what fence says is true, it explains how 5000 shares got 2 people on the board.
[/quote]

Ah.  Gotcha.

[quote user="Ive got off the fence"]

To be fair to them, they thought that they had agreed a deal that would allow them a graceful exit and new investors pumping in some dosh (new money from old investors to be more accurate) to the playing side of things. From what I am hearing they have been more than a bit upset by the U-turn… ESPECIALLY with all the flak they faced over PC.

[/quote]

Now we''re getting down to it.  I wonder if Delia''s comments about "new investment" at the RNS were really for the Turners'' benefit but had the unintended result of flushing out Peter Cullum?