Sign in to follow this  
Jack Flash

Angry EADT reader

Being a Suffolk based Canary, and reader of the East Anglian as well as the EDP, I read with disgust the latest pathetic piece from Derek Davis today. He starts his article with reasons why we might just beat Arsenal, then states that its because they may get complacent against .....a side who still have little in the way of quality but make up for it with hard work and good organisation. Interesting that in another piece he can''t even recognise David Bentley as a Norwich player this season, as he is in the U21 List as an Arsenal player. Is it just me, or does Davis wind up others?

If anyone would like to read it, it''s here:
[link]http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/sport/story.asp?datetime=27+Aug+2004+07%3A00&tbrand=EADOnline&tCategory=SPORT&category=IpswichTownFC&brand=EADOnline&itemid=IPED26+Aug+2004+22%3A48%3A02%3A340[/link]

re eadt very anti norwich paper steve mellen another gem reporter likes to slate all things norwich along with the evening star another ipswich propaganda bible

Davis is a %4&&*^%%$% !!!! I emailed him after he wrote an article stating that ippo were so much better off financially than us, and we were going to go out of business.. he sent a smug reply. I kept it and replied at the end of the season. after scum lost to W ham... never heard any more. Ignore the sap.

Maybe someone should tell him that the three seasons joke wasn''t funny or original the first time he borrowed it. But to use it a second time, oh dear, oh dear Derek...

why on earth is anyone bothered by the insane ramblings of the sour grapes binner brigade?

while we are treated to (in the space of a week) man u, newcastle and arsenal

who have they played?

the same as last year (except WE ARE NOT THERE!!!)

dream on binners, oh and by the way, have you written the derby report and published it yet, oh footballing brain of the EADT?

errr, what divsion are ipswich in? :-)

are they still calling their regular feature page on ipswich "PREMIER BLUES" ? because they were last season, or have they finally realised it aint gonna happen .

I emailed him at the end of last season. Reminded him of the facts, but he didn''t respond. The real issue here is that there are lots of us Suffolk based supporters who Del Boy puts off buying the paper but his bosses cant see it. I occasionally read the paper because I buy it for my business, the most recent was the ridiculous treatment of Iwan, again at the hands of this Muppet.

The Publishers of the paper should understand that this kind of Fanzine style rubbish affects their pocket. But if you do buy the paper I would draw your attention to the pic of Del Boy. Nice suit innit?

graham paddon''s beard

i have lived in glorious binner land on and off over the years (most memorabily in milk cup year, he he), and have read their version of the EDP and fully agree with you on the stance their paper takes, at least in the sports pages

whilst no one could say the EDP wasn''t a norwich supporting paper, it does at least try to see things from all angles, the EADT is just propaganda, as you say the footie column is written by a completely blinkered ''supporter''

but then you have to realise the binners have rotherham away today, whilst we have arsenal at home

ain''t life grand!

Sounds like it might be a good idea for you Suffolk-based Canaries to give up the EADT and just stick to reading the EDP online...if you have access to a computer that is, and I''m assuming you do as you post on here! I''ve only seen the rag once in my life and that was enough for me to decide that it should be given the same regard as the national papers, i.e. none!

What constitutes a "Match Report" ?
May I add the name of David McDonnell to "Angry EADT"''s hit list ?
This gentleman wrote a report on Man.U. v City in the Daily Mirror August 23rd.
The report took up virtually a whole page consisted of about 150 words and the only mention of Norwich''s participation was:-
"....Norwich sub David McVeigh pulled one back..."
"... keeper Robert Green no chance..."
Yes it did say "David"
Am looking forward to see their report on Arsenal match ! !