Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy, with the Pink Un Pickers.

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Just a quick question arrdee, can you remember if any of the picks that were made, were correct?

Cheers

[/quote]

Yes Ryan , there were 11 winning teams that were "naps"....arrdee.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Brentford to beat Rotherham. My pick this week

Hope it works better than last week.

[/quote]

Don''t think it will work Butler, Brentford are playing Dagenham !

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="The Butler"]

Brentford to beat Rotherham. My pick this week

Hope it works better than last week.

[/quote]

Don''t think it will work Butler, Brentford are playing Dagenham !

[/quote]

Damm this 1914 fixture list

Still think Brentford will win

Thanks GJ

Greetings again one and all.

4 from 4, I wish I had as much success doing my own accumulators at the weekend!!!

Many, many choices this weekend but I''m going into League 2 with

Carlisle v Southend - Home Win.

All the best Fellas

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

Greetings again one and all.

4 from 4, I wish I had as much success doing my own accumulators at the weekend!!!

Many, many choices this weekend but I''m going into League 2 with

Carlisle v Southend - Home Win.

All the best Fellas

[/quote]

Oops, that should clearly be League 1!!!

Trying to find some value against some tight league games this week was never going to be easy so I may find my flying start come unstuck this week, however I''m going to go with.............

Gillingham v Grimsby              and nap  Gillingham for a home win.   

Good luck to Fellas this week.[:)]   

I am going to stick with the trusty Blue Square Premier this week (but avoiding Oxford after that debarcle last week!!!) and am going to choose Salisbury to win away at Altrincham. Salisbury have hit the ground running winning 5 out of 7 and remaining unbeaten away from home winning 3 out of 3, Altrincham on the other hand have yet to win at home recording 2 draws and a defeat.

Altrincham v Salisbury - AWAY WIN

Good luck Fellas, do us proud!!! [Y]

1st bet of the season

my tip is in the european world cup qualifiers

gone for (drum roll please........)

R.Ireland to beat georgia odds around 4/6

r.ireland have enough class to beat georgia, rememeber its at neautral venue (so its not exactly away match) which helps

ireland will need to get off to a flyer with having italy and bulgaria in their qualifing group

i think ireland show genuine value for this match price wise

good luck to the picker

[quote user="Canary Chris"]Cant go much safer than ENGLAND to beat Andorra.

That should make it 2 from 2 for me :-)
[/quote]

That''s right Canary Chris I have you down as 1 from 1 so far, keep on coming back my friend[Y]

My dart has gone into Portugal this week and the category hasn''t gone so it''s :-

Malta V Portugal     Away Win

It''s pounds for points again this week so settle down and settle in with Fellas[*] I''m sure he''s gonna find us the star prize that''s hiding behind Billy [Y]

Good luck everyone.

After last weeks misfortune when Ross County unbelievably won away from home, I''m going to have to go for the biggest cert on the weekends international card.

It has to be Germany to win away at Liechtenstein.

I''m with the Evil Monkey this week. Best bet in a terrible fixture week to me looks like

Chester v BURY - AWAY WIN

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[quote user="Scooby"]

After last weeks misfortune when Ross County unbelievably won away from home, I''m going to have to go for the biggest cert on the weekends international card.

It has to be Germany to win away at Liechtenstein.

[/quote]

tjhis being the same Lichtenstein who cam back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Portugal 5 years ago????? its a funny old game...

jas :)

Please accept my apologies but it has to be England for me too.  Andorra to lose to England.  Boring but safe.

Nigel - did I correctly predict our draw with Birmingham last week????  Just to confirm my forgetful mind wasn''t that forgetful?

Muddy

I''m going to pick LUTON away at Macclesfield as my nap this week, going for their third straight away win of the season against a side that has lost their first two home games.

Could be an early six pointer because of Lutons points situation.

Good Luck Fellas you''ve done the job before and I''m confident you can do it again!

I would say an England win against Andorra but it''s not going to be much of an accumulator with most people saying that and hardly any other matches.

So I will risk to continue my 0% correct record by saying..

USA to beat Cuba.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

Please accept my apologies but it has to be England for me too.  Andorra to lose to England.  Boring but safe.

Nigel - did I correctly predict our draw with Birmingham last week????  Just to confirm my forgetful mind wasn''t that forgetful?

Muddy

[/quote]

You certainly did Muddy[*] You''re off the matk now on 1-3 in the Pickers League [Y]

Keep coming back.

Nutty is there any chance of giving some sort of league table for the top 5 or 10 (P:S this is not egoistical as I''m pretty sure I''m not on there) but it may help picker to make final selections when it comes to a split decision from two choices for example to look at who has best record.

Now you lovely old Fellas , I was about to give you as my "nap" Queen of the south but I just twigged Croatia and I think this will serve the Free Bet with more purpose , although my original "nap" will be on my personal line but the Free Bet "nap" is Croatia. Good luck Fellas ....arrdee.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Nutty is there any chance of giving some sort of league table for the top 5 or 10 (P:S this is not egoistical as I''m pretty sure I''m not on there) but it may help picker to make final selections when it comes to a split decision from two choices for example to look at who has best record.[/quote]

From last weeks thread norfolkchance1 my friend :-

OK so the result was disappointing but let''s not get despondent. 44 different pickers posted selections this week! 44!!! Now that makes me proud to be involved in this and I know Arrdee is proud too. And in this most difficult of weeks there were still 15 winning posters with 9 different correct selections. Now I remember the days when we didn''t even provide enough winning selections to give the final picker any chance. So it''s a big well done to those pickers who safely negotiated this weeks minefield and a big hard luck to the others and our friend P''boro who had such a difficult week to sort through them all.

As this was the last weekend of the month I''m going to give you all an update on who''s hot and who''s not [:O]

The Picker Of The Month for August is a four way tie with Arrdee [*] Gorleston "Gentleman" Jim [*] Hissing Sid [*] and Inch High [*] who all scored 100% with 4/4 winning naps [Y]

So this is how our league looks tonight (only listing pickers over 50% who have picked in at least half the available weeks)

Arrdee                         4/4 100%

Gorleston Jim               4/4 100%

Hissing Sid                   4/4 100%

Inch High                     4/4 100%

1st Wazzock                3/4  75%

Cosmic Twin                3/4  75%

Nutty Nigel                  3/4  75%

Shack Attack               3/4  75%

Trent Canary                3/4  75%

7rew                            2/3  66%

Beaker                         2/3  66%

Blahblahblah                2/3  66%

Jas The Barclay King   2/3  66%

Berkshire Canary        2/4  50%

City Angel                  2/4  50%

Delia''s Devon...          2/4  50%

Fellas                         2/4  50%

Leeds Canary             2/4  50%

Newyorkcanary          2/4  50%

Norfolkchance1          2/4  50%

P''boro_canary            2/4  50%

Camuldonum              1/2  50%

Mister Chops             1/2  50%

Ncfc Star                   1/2  50%

And there are loads of you just outside this group and I''m always reminded at this stage of the season that "it''s a marathon not a sprint" [Y]

Cheers Nutty, I think I''ve got a lot of work to do to get anywhere the people at the top of the league but its great to know how many people are contributing to this thread, long may it continue !