Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy, with the Pink Un Pickers.

Yes now you lovely old Pickers its time to make your selections for the 5th week of the season and its the lovely Fellas in charge , who else would you want other than the wonderful Fellas making the selections on this weekend of International matches ? Remembering he has done it before , who will ever forget the whole City watching the Ivory coast on a Sunday evening winning 5-0 to land the cash for the Academy ? as his seventh selection went in.

So come on you lovely old Pickers lets give Fellas all the help we can and lets forget those crazy results last weekend . Now did you lovely old Pickers see an occurrence last weekend that you will never ever see again in your lifetime ? I am making reference to the Scottish Prem , every result was an away win , every man jack of them , well I suppose it was in keeping with the rest of the results . The weekend of Aug 30th 2008 will be something that will live for ever in infamy with us , more like the Wall St crash of 1929 that Lapp remembers so well . So come on you lovely old Pickers you have the chance to help our wonderful club , just make that single selection , your "nap" you know you support the greatest Club in the land .The one and only Norwich City ....arrdee.  

Well I am going to make it easy for Fellas, with an absolute banker!

ENGLAND to beat Andorra.

Glad we can use this to take our minds off the problems, well at least for 10 seconds anyway!

Shaun.. just give your best nap because our club only deserves the best. It doesn''t matter where it''s from so long as Billy Dixon can get a price for it. If the game you like best isn''t an international the give us that. It''s up to you my friend so do whatever you feel comfortable with [Y]

ok thanks nigel [Y] well i''ve looked through the international list and noticed a dead cert surely. Spain at home to beat Bosnia. It has to be. Surely a team like Bosnia can''t get an away point to the European champions??

Pick this game Fellas [Y] Spain to beat Bosnia

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]so we''re supposed to pick an international game. yes?[/quote]

No Shaun you can pick any game that''s being played this weekend , just any game that you think will win , It can be an International an English league game a Scottish or a European game , the choice is yours Shaun , in fact the world is your oyster .[Y]....arrdee.

OK Fellas, good luck, we need you to win two million quid so we can get Arrdee a seat on the board, it''s up to you, no pressure.

We are a bit stuffed for choice this week but I think there is a nice little bet in Div 1 :-

Carlisle v Southend : after winning their first game Southend have really struggled . Now on top of a resounding and tiring mid week 2-4 home defeat, against a very ordinary Leyton Orient team, they have to face a tiring 340 mile trek to the Lake District.  Carlisle, who had no mid week fixtures, await them completely rested and with a nice unbeaten record to date ,they surely  must hold all the winning cards here !

Carlisle a home win is my best bet this week Fellas, you only need find another dozen or so for our two million !

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]so we''re supposed to pick an international game. yes?[/quote]

No Shaun you can pick any game that''s being played this weekend , just any game that you think will win , It can be an International an English league game a Scottish or a European game , the choice is yours Shaun , in fact the world is your oyster .[Y]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Just a point Ray, are Kings Lynn backable ?  I don''t see them on Ladbrokes etc.

Now you lovely old Pickers keep those selections coming in , the lovely Fellas is only interested in your "nap" the one selection you are sure that will win , also remember that Nutty will want to record your win in his league to see who is the top tipster at the end of the season .

My biggest fear is that a lot of you will give up as "Lapp" races away from us and shouts back "Have you picked the team that cant win?you are out the back"....[:D]....arrdee. 

[quote user="Beaker"]theres no value in these internationals. england are 1/50 so theres no point picking them[/quote]

Now Beaker you lovely old boy and no doubt you are such a sweet lovely old boy but my darling we aren''t looking for value , we don''t have to as the bet is paid for us , if we only win £30 every week I would be more than happy , always remember Beaker a 1-66 winner is better than a 66-1 loser ....arrdee.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

Just a point Ray, are Kings Lynn backable ?  I don''t see them on Ladbrokes etc.

That''s strange you should ask this Jim because Nutty and myself talked this over today and Nutty thinks that perhaps a local Kings Lynn bookmaker gives odds , and I know Nutty is licking his lips knowing that one day I am going to have to ask Billy Dixon for the odds on Kings Lynn and he is beside himself in anticipation , in fact I know he will laugh his head off at my discomfort as I try to make it sound like a proper selection but what Nutty is forgetting is arrdee always gets his own way in the end , so we will see.[:D]....arrdee. 

[/quote]

I''m going to be patriotic today.  I am going to look at the Cuba v. USA fixture, and say AWAY WIN.  We''re not great, but we usually do well in these CONCACAF qualifiers.  

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Where''s Lapp? I''ve got some cozying up to do. [:D]

This week I am going for Walsall v Leyton Orient - Home win. 

[/quote]

Where''s Lapp? dear oh dear  I think you know where he is quite well Wass , he is looking for a blindfold and a pin and if he is successful he will be getting you up to the same lark .oooohhh!!! I had hoped that the Free Bet would never come to this , to see the lovely old Free Bet revolve around a drunken pair of Pickers let loose with a pin . Oooohhh!!! Grooooan!!!.No..please....arrdee. 

Right im going for an ENGLAND win against Andorra!

A nice and easy 3-0 i should think!

Lets hope this week doesnt mimmick last weeks disgusting results that came through!

Good luck fellas :)

You know Arrdee and Nutty, I did this once last year, and I think I might have to do it again.  If we''re really looking at naps that count towards the picker stats, I can''t help but switch to England win over Andorra.  Most university sides could beat Andorra.  While I do think the US will beat Cuba, the game is in Cuba, and it is not out of the realm of the possible that Cuba makes it a 0-0 draw. So fellas, if you have 1 pick of mine to listen to, I think I''ll join the herd and go with England.    

Good Evening Pink''un Pickers! As arrdee pointed out, there''s some very short odds this week, and what matters the most is winning some money for FONCY. So if you think you''ve got the nap go for it even if others have got it or you don''t think the price is that good. I''ll keep my nap in my hat for the minute and see what everybody else comes up with! Keep ''em coming, as every selector says, the more naps we get the easier the job becomes. [B]