Sign in to follow this  
AJ

hes not here hes not any bloody where its..........

.... gary holt............

Looking back at all three games for the start of this season Holt has played terrible. Hes given the ball away far too cheaply, given away fouls for god knows what and has been totaly out of position far too many times. Also holt has been the fault of all norwich''s conceeded goals.

Palace: Holt should''ve tackled the player who put the through ball in but he didnt and andy johnson plays it past green.

Man utd. Was no where to be seen i dont think. no where near the action area. Smith goal was marking someone else where i believe.

Newcastle: bellemys goal. Drury was origonaly at fault by going to a playerleaving shearer open when bently was already on the player. Shearer gets the ball and crosses it in to the middle of the goal mouth where HOLT is marking BELLEMY. The ball goes across and is headed down, HOLT leaves BELLEMY UNMARKED!!! in the area and runs to the fronst post. Bellemy takes a touch then smacks it basicly straight at holt. Holt deflects it past green and into the net when he could easily have headed/Chested/volleyed it away.

Aarons goal. Its a corner Holt it MARKING AARON. HOLT seems to push heughs and heughs pushes him back. Holt ends up on the floor and aaron heughs heads it past green.

May i also mention Edworthy played really well and headed Shearers chance of the line. Makes sure he starts worthy!!

Hmmm. A pointless negative email, observing the obvious.

Everyone can see that Holt is finding it hard to adjust, but we all know he has the potential to cope. So why don''t we just give him some support when he''s playing and show him the same loyalty that he''s shown our club for the last three years?

I do not want to get on anyones back but am forced to agree as I share the sentiments exactly. Goals against are due to the skill or luck of the player scoring but it is down to the defending team to reduce their chance.

Having watched Man U and the Newcastle game midweek it is apparent that he does not seem to want the ball.
When in possesssion he gave it away and I consider both goals to have the hand of Holt in them.

He did back off from Bellamy to leave him unmarked in the centre of the box, as to his ability to stop the ball from crossing the line is debatable but he could and should have reduced the space Bellers was given.

He was also nowhere on the header and should have challenged Hughes and restricted his option on goal.
These are mistakes that cannot be made at this level as you get punished.

I would also state that without him we may not be here now as his performance last season was terrific but if sentiment picked teams than Roberts would still be upfront for us.
Holt has served Norwich well but at the moment seems out of his depth and that regardless of what has happened we cannot afford.

Bearing in mind he played a number of games last season whilst not fully fit, Maybe he is carrying an injury, but NW has no one else to play in that role

You''re quite right yella, he does''nt seem to want the ball, which I guess must be down to confidence. Take Bentley, he has faith in his own passing and touch to want the ball.

But Holt is pressing well, forcing people wide, hes springing out out of our box to close people down and is nearly there. If his touch was a little better and likewise his passing, he would be nearly as good as Francis.

Lets give him a hell of a cheer this Sat and give him a boost, if he knows we think he can do it, then he''ll be back to the old Holty. If, not chuck him out for Safri! He knows he has to improve from watching the videos just as much as we do.

not that I wish to follow you across the web board at last but you have some real issues. did he say boo holt, no he said, holt isn''t playing well, he''s entitled to that opinion. will anyone boo holt, no I don''t think they will.

if you don''t have anything else to but slag off people with differing opinions then dont come on a web board for discussions.

but hes had his chance.............

so far all the goals scored against us have been in connection with holt:

i.e giving the ball away, marking etc.

i dont think its fair that a player who was great for us in helping us get to the Premiership, is being moaned about after three games in the premiership. I have confidence in all of the Norwich players