Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Question: Delia in, Delia out?

Well it has to be OUT now.

But as Cullum suggests, I would like to see her stay on as a figurehead. The catering side of the club clearly brings us some money, and without Delia to promote it I can only see it failing.

[quote user="Oli"]Just a simple in or out, nothing else! In[/quote]

Finance and investment in, that''s what matters. The club is more important than any one person. If a new investor comes in and wants her to remain at the helm fine. If Delia wins the lottery fine, if a new investor "ticks all the boxes" but wants to take the whole lot and doesn''t want Delia, then as long as they have got the best interests in the future of the club, FINE!

I am genuinely ambivalent on the issue and feel it is a smokescreen that distracts from where the real focus should be;  on making sure the playing staff perform consistently for each other week in week out being a better team than the sum part of the individual talents.

Stylish winning football in!

I''m sorry to sit on the fence (with Zipper) but I also have no strong feelings on her as an individual owner. As many of you know though I do have strong feelings on our CEO and also that no one should own more than 50% of the club.

The manager is the most important single person at the club and I would not like any change of shareholder to prejudice the seemingly promising work being done to overhaul the playing and playing management side of things. So in order to not put that at risk if absolutely forced to make a call I''d probably say IN.

I really don''t mind as long as the manager is given the funds he needs to continue his progress on the pitch,and NCFC is all over the press for the RIGHT reasons!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

I''m sorry to sit on the fence (with Zipper) but I also have no strong feelings on her as an individual owner. As many of you know though I do have strong feelings on our CEO and also that no one should own more than 50% of the club.

The manager is the most important single person at the club and I would not like any change of shareholder to prejudice the seemingly promising work being done to overhaul the playing and playing management side of things. So in order to not put that at risk if absolutely forced to make a call I''d probably say IN.

[/quote]

Very well put and I have to agree.  People are tending to forget throughout this mud slinging, that the most important thing is the team that takes to the field.  I happen to think that GR is building a very good side and anything that jeopardises his work in progress can only be a bad thing.  More investment, yes.  Massive change and upheaval, no.

So, for the time being           IN

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

IN

Some people should be careful what they wish for.

The grass is not always greener.

[/quote]Well said! And she should rightly stay in the club should new investment come along.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I really don''t mind as long as the manager is given the funds he needs to continue his progress on the pitch,and NCFC is all over the press for the RIGHT reasons![/quote]

But on past record (last 3 years or so) under Delia that will not happen, so Beau off the fence mate and say it, you know you want to, OUT

Poor profligate purchasing by the variety of managers combined with their inability to get those players to perform to their best individually and outperform as a team is the reason that this club has not had the success on the field that we should have had.  

The common features of EVERY club that has been promoted (and possibly made the play offs) is a fantastic team spirit,  borne out of a core team that has played together for a couple of seasons together with a clear game plan that each squad player understands so  they can cover for each others roles on the pitch,  together with just one or two players that are better than this league.  This was particularly the case for usin our promotion season;  and worthy deserve so much credit for creating that team spirit that got us promotion. 

I do think that the resources have been made available for the team to be a success in this league and my initial post only hinted at what Tumbleweed stated far more effectively than me;   that this club is a success if the manager is and so he is the key appointment.

But on past record (last 3 years or so) under Delia that will not happen, so Beau off the fence mate and say it, you know you want to, OUT

I suspect that the only way that significant finance can be obtained is via a Cullum like figure who would,rightly,want control,but I like the idea of Delia as a figurehead.I also feel strongly that she should be able to step down with dignity and with proper thanks for past service,and I am totally sick of reading the vicious bile being spewed on here by keyboard warriors secure in their anonymity.

[quote user="Beauseant"] 

I suspect that the only way that significant finance can be obtained is via a Cullum like figure who would,rightly,want control,but I like the idea of Delia as a figurehead.I also feel strongly that she should be able to step down with dignity and with proper thanks for past service,and I am totally sick of reading the vicious bile being spewed on here by keyboard warriors secure in their anonymity.

[/quote]

I agree with that, I am thankful for everything Delia has done for the club. I said somewhere else I would like it if Cullum had  overall control by holding 1% more of the shares than Delia, which would, to all intense and purposes maintain the status quo.

Remember also that it wasn''t Delia who tore the team spirit Zipper is referring to apart- Worthy did that by letting Malky and Iwan go at the same time and then following relegation the squad changed significantly a second time, a third time when PG arrived, and yet again when GR had to cut out dead wood and bring in short term loanees to survive. Its no surprise we have struggled, even more so when the costs of signing on fees, agents fees, termination fees are factored in as they are all drains on the budgets made available.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Oli"]Just a simple in or out, nothing else! In[/quote]

Finance and investment in, that''s what matters. The club is more

important than any one person. If a new investor comes in and wants her

to remain at the helm fine. If Delia wins the lottery fine, if a new

investor "ticks all the boxes" but wants to take the whole lot and

doesn''t want Delia, then as long as they have got the best interests in

the future of the club, FINE!

[/quote][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I am genuinely ambivalent on the issue

and feel it is a smokescreen that distracts from where the real focus

should be;  on making sure the playing staff perform consistently for

each other week in week out being a better team than the sum part of

the individual talents.

Stylish winning football in!

[/quote]Both of these are where I am, possbly more towards Zipper than BB, as what I actually want is the football. If investment brings the football it is a good means to an end, if it came without investment I wouldn''t give a toss,  because I don''t think it is as simple as Investment = Success. If the investment comes with strings or interference with the manager or team/transfer targets, then I don''t really care how much money is offered, it would be very likely to have a negative effect on the team and so be a bad thing.  If the investment is positive (and truely investement not extra debt, like liverpool or Man U), then who cares where it comes from or how it is structured?

Erm, surely the whole point is that we *should*care where the investment comes from and how it is structured.

How about a big wad of cash in the form with a huge rate of interest that can repayment on can be demanded instantly? A bit like the huge Chase overdraft which kicked off this whole saga....

I trust them to remain until they find the right person to take over, we all want new finance but not at any price which is why we have to trust the board to make that decision, they are after all the best informed people on this matter.

out im afraid... the board have made some horrible gaffes over the years and the Smiths seem unable to bankroll us to the level we need to be at... we need someone new to take the club forward and invest heavily in the playing side and youth setup over the next 5-6 years...

jas :)

i really couldn''t give a stuff who''s in the top dog seat - as long as the club is competitive enough to have a side capable of mounting a prem challenge, gaining promotion and then staying there - now thats the type of 3 year plan that would do me...thats ''big norwich'' for me...anything less is unworthy of NCFC...if delia & another came up with the readies, then great - i would just love it,,,but lets be honest, it looks like at 67 years old, delia is looking to exit NCFC and enjoy a well deserved retirement...if her final act is to get a benevolent maj shareholder/s on board, then she''ll have done her duty by NCFC imo, and can have a drink with me in the lower barclay anyday><>