Sign in to follow this  
renegade tootsie

WHAT A TOTAL MESS - Saucers of milk all round one last time

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Spot on, JC.  Its been an "us versus them" situation for so long and now we know that "them" were completely and utterly wrong, and you have proven that 100%.  If only there was some form of "middle ground" upon which we can rest to consider the facts of the situation available to us and make reasoned and sensible responses, but I can''t see that that''s possible, surely? Its always got to be black and white - you''re either with us or against us and history will choose the victor.  There are no other colours in the spectrum... (but there is maybe a copy of Horace Goes Skiing...)

Oh, by the way, I''m being sarcastic here... just in case some of you morons miss it...

[/quote]

I’ll tell you what a board apologist is. It’s some mealy-mouthed poster who writes comments such as ‘Cullum never made an offer’ or ‘We don’t know what his motives are’ You are the fence sitters who occupy the moral low ground just waiting to see which way the wind is going. You’re the limp-wristed, posterior-retentive, bran-eating, cardigan-wearing whingers who go to Carra Rud and shout ‘Baa!’

I have more respect for the unabashed, Delia sycophants who at least have the courage to take up a position, but you lot in the middle are the real apologists because the Stowmarket Two would have been seen for what they are a long time ago without your weasly support. You post that Cullum’s offer should be fair to Delia as though fairness is the most important consideration in the future of my club. Yeah, like the world is fair and everyone can win first prize, right? This is not some Islington Morris Dancing society for one-legged single mothers, it’s a freakin’ football club for god’s sake.

When I think of you apologists, I see the colour beige. I know who wear the trousers in your household and it isn’t you lot. You’re spunkless quiche-lovers who, if you had any sort of moral fibre would reign your season tickets the moment the Smith’s step down from the board.

But you don’t have any moral fibre so you won’t will you? Now run along and do the dishes – and don’t forget your pinnies.

[/quote]

Ha ha ... what a simpleton! [:D]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Rock the Boat"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Spot on, JC.  Its been an "us versus them" situation for so long and now we know that "them" were completely and utterly wrong, and you have proven that 100%.  If only there was some form of "middle ground" upon which we can rest to consider the facts of the situation available to us and make reasoned and sensible responses, but I can''t see that that''s possible, surely? Its always got to be black and white - you''re either with us or against us and history will choose the victor.  There are no other colours in the spectrum... (but there is maybe a copy of Horace Goes Skiing...)

Oh, by the way, I''m being sarcastic here... just in case some of you morons miss it...

[/quote]

I’ll tell you what a board apologist is. It’s some mealy-mouthed poster who writes comments such as ‘Cullum never made an offer’ or ‘We don’t know what his motives are’ You are the fence sitters who occupy the moral low ground just waiting to see which way the wind is going. You’re the limp-wristed, posterior-retentive, bran-eating, cardigan-wearing whingers who go to Carra Rud and shout ‘Baa!’

I have more respect for the unabashed, Delia sycophants who at least have the courage to take up a position, but you lot in the middle are the real apologists because the Stowmarket Two would have been seen for what they are a long time ago without your weasly support. You post that Cullum’s offer should be fair to Delia as though fairness is the most important consideration in the future of my club. Yeah, like the world is fair and everyone can win first prize, right? This is not some Islington Morris Dancing society for one-legged single mothers, it’s a freakin’ football club for god’s sake.

When I think of you apologists, I see the colour beige. I know who wear the trousers in your household and it isn’t you lot. You’re spunkless quiche-lovers who, if you had any sort of moral fibre would reign your season tickets the moment the Smith’s step down from the board.

But you don’t have any moral fibre so you won’t will you? Now run along and do the dishes – and don’t forget your pinnies.

[/quote]

Ha ha ... what a simpleton! [:D]

[/quote]

I didn''t know you wear beige macd.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Just like to say, it''s nice to see that a small minority seem somewhat pleased at the club going through a slightly difficult period. Would you have had a street party if we had gone in to administration. Just a question to JC and Rock the Boat. Where were you at the AGM''s for all these years you could see everyone else was wrong. Where were the hard hitting questions from for the last few seasons at the AGM, NCISA meetings etc etc? From my recollection they have largely been love-in''s but for last year. Why weren''t you saving the club from me all those years? Some avenging angels you guys are.[/quote]

A very good friend of mine did all those things at the last two AGM`s and was booed, told to "shut up", swore at, and told by the board that "no-one is interested in investing in loss-making Championship clubs" and "if anyone wants to pump money into a football club with nothing in return, they can have the club" and was then aggressively told by MWJ to "name names" of investors waiting to put money into the club.  How does the Cullum stuff reflect on all that?

Delia and MWJ are a long, long way from the kind-hearted angels some of you lot seem to think they are.

[/quote]Well done to your friend Mr C.  At least he actually went and the balls to ask the questions and surely it is now worth reminding the board et all about those answers.I would ask Mr C,  where have I, anywhere on this forum, in the last 5 years suggested that Delia or MWJ are kind-hearted angels?  I am not pro Delia in anyway, I''m just against rabid, over the top threads such as this.  This is "Worthy Out" all over again.  The board can easily avoid having to answer any serious questions about the way the club is run because they can choose to address absolute tosh like this by simply labelling the fans as being unreasonable.

So if those of us "in the middle" are the real "apologists",

what does that make the people who actually support Delia

through-and-through?  Cos I always thought that they were the

"apologists", but now you''re telling us different? Crikey, I really

must keep up.  So, let me get it straight to save myself being

embarrassed again: a "board apologist" is anyone who disagrees with what you say?

Just clearing that up....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]So if those of us "in the middle" are the real "apologists", what does that make the people who actually support Delia through-and-through?  Cos I always thought that they were the "apologists", but now you''re telling us different? Crikey, I really must keep up.  So, let me get it straight to save myself being embarrassed again: a "board apologist" is anyone who disagrees with what you say?

Just clearing that up....

[/quote]

I think you''ve probably got it there. Apparently Dairy Crest are set to announce record profits in Norfolk! : )

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]

[/quote]

Absolutely hilarious, although I''m sure that was not your intention [:$]. My favourite bit was ''Islington Morris Dancing Society For One-Legged Single Mothers''. The letter from Dicky Littlecocks solicitors is in the post I suspect [:P]

Ask yourself this Rock The Boat, how many of the brave men with their ''Delia Out'' sigs on here and spuds full of little swimmers who absolutely refuse to even acknowledge the existence of quiche still have season tickets? They''re oh so brave sitting behind a computer six days of the week but on the seventh they troop along to Carrow Road to take their sip from Delia''s saucer of milk (whatever that means, I still don''t understand [8-)]). How many of them will make themselves heard at the next home game? How many of them would demonstrate outside Carrow Road like the Newcastle fans were last night over Keegans departure? None of them (well one of them if you include Smudger [;)]) because they''re gutless hypocrites one and all. So much for ''moral fibre'' [^o)]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="JC"]Blahblahblah - I am up to five pages now.  Does that mean I can be called a real troll now???[/quote]

Yes, I think so. At least provisionally. [:)]

[/quote]

You''re on loan with a view to a permanent move...

[quote user="JC"]Blahblahblah - I am up to five pages now.  Does that mean I can be called a real troll now???
[/quote]

A real troll, but not a real supporter unfortunately.

Shack Attack - [quote]How many of them will make themselves heard at the next home game? How

many of them would demonstrate outside Carrow Road like the Newcastle

fans were last night over Keegans departure?[/quote]

Newcastle and Northern fans in general always find plenty of time to demonstrate ''cause most of ''em are on the Dole.In all seriousness though, Norwich supporters have never stuck together in numbers over anything.- that includes both protesting & fighting.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Just like to say, it''s nice to see that a small minority seem somewhat pleased at the club going through a slightly difficult period. Would you have had a street party if we had gone in to administration. Just a question to JC and Rock the Boat. Where were you at the AGM''s for all these years you could see everyone else was wrong. Where were the hard hitting questions from for the last few seasons at the AGM, NCISA meetings etc etc? From my recollection they have largely been love-in''s but for last year. Why weren''t you saving the club from me all those years? Some avenging angels you guys are.[/quote]

A very good friend of mine did all those things at the last two AGM`s and was booed, told to "shut up", swore at, and told by the board that "no-one is interested in investing in loss-making Championship clubs" and "if anyone wants to pump money into a football club with nothing in return, they can have the club" and was then aggressively told by MWJ to "name names" of investors waiting to put money into the club.  How does the Cullum stuff reflect on all that?

Delia and MWJ are a long, long way from the kind-hearted angels some of you lot seem to think they are.

[/quote]

Well done to your friend Mr C.  At least he actually went and the balls to ask the questions and surely it is now worth reminding the board et all about those answers.

I would ask Mr C,  where have I, anywhere on this forum, in the last 5 years suggested that Delia or MWJ are kind-hearted angels?  I am not pro Delia in anyway, I''m just against rabid, over the top threads such as this.  This is "Worthy Out" all over again.  The board can easily avoid having to answer any serious questions about the way the club is run because they can choose to address absolute tosh like this by simply labelling the fans as being unreasonable.
[/quote]

It was meant as a general comment Saint, so please don`t take it too personally.  To be perfectly honest i know enough people who have experienced the majority shareholders pettiness and OTT reaction to criticism, that i am certain they take Cullums approach as a personal affront and simply will not do a deal of any kind with him unless they are forced into it.  Of course there is no way i can prove this and judging by alot of the posts on here some people are happy to blindly trust the board even after the years of decline and spin, whilst casting a bloke who hasn`t even been allowed through the door as the bad guy.  You really couldn`t make it up, but unfortunately these people are getting- and will get- the type of club they deserve.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Well done to your friend Mr C.  At least he actually went and the balls to ask the questions and surely it is now worth reminding the board et all about those answers.

I would ask Mr C,  where have I, anywhere on this forum, in the last 5 years suggested that Delia or MWJ are kind-hearted angels?  I am not pro Delia in anyway, I''m just against rabid, over the top threads such as this.  This is "Worthy Out" all over again.  The board can easily avoid having to answer any serious questions about the way the club is run because they can choose to address absolute tosh like this by simply labelling the fans as being unreasonable.
[/quote]

It was meant as a general comment Saint, so please don`t take it too personally.  To be perfectly honest i know enough people who have experienced the majority shareholders pettiness and OTT reaction to criticism, that i am certain they take Cullums approach as a personal affront and simply will not do a deal of any kind with him unless they are forced into it.  Of course there is no way i can prove this and judging by alot of the posts on here some people are happy to blindly trust the board even after the years of decline and spin, whilst casting a bloke who hasn`t even been allowed through the door as the bad guy.  You really couldn`t make it up, but unfortunately these people are getting- and will get- the type of club they deserve.

[/quote]

It is of course much more sensible business practice to blindly trust the new guy and cast the board as the bad guys.Jesus H Christ man,do you even think about what you''re writing.You can''t possibly be as obtuse as you present yourself to be!

Beauseant, i have already stated that "i don`t innately trust Cullum", but you can NEVER know 100% how effective/honest/successful/trustworthy someone is until they are given a chance.  Did we know with Delia?  You can only judge by someones record- can you please give a reasonable case why we shouldn`t give Cullum a chance as Delia was when she took over?  Successful, respected, wealthy, City-supporting businessman versus a "poor millioniare" board who have made "mistakes" which have lead to the lowest finish for the club for 40 years and near relegation and have often been "misleading" in their statements.  Looks like a no-brainer to me......unless you are simply petrified by the idea of change?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Beauseant, i have already stated that "i don`t innately trust Cullum", but you can NEVER know 100% how effective/honest/successful/trustworthy someone is until they are given a chance.  Did we know with Delia?  You can only judge by someones record- can you please give a reasonable case why we shouldn`t give Cullum a chance as Delia was when she took over?  Successful, respected, wealthy, City-supporting businessman versus a "poor millioniare" board who have made "mistakes" which have lead to the lowest finish for the club for 40 years and near relegation and have often been "misleading" in their statements.  Looks like a no-brainer to me......unless you are simply petrified by the idea of change?

[/quote]

Change doesn''t worry me (as you''d know if you''d read my numerous posts elsewhere). Anarchy and financial disaster,on the other hand, scare the hell out of me,and at the moment we have a destabilised club with a cash shortage and no new investors.It is clear that it will take some time for due diligence to be carried out on any new investor and during that time the club will be highly vulnerable.As a fan of 40 years,I find that deeply troubling.I sincerely hope that Peter Cullum comes forward with significant funds,but I do not accept the vilification of the board by people who (like me) have no concept of what is involved in running a football club.I was around when Chase went,and I still remember how poisonous the atmosphere was,with "Chase Out" chants ringing around the ground as we went out of the FA Cup as we went out of the FA Cup at home to Brentford,and at various other games.Were you there,Mr Carrow,or are you Googling the past? A clean and relatively painless handover is what is best for the club,not the current "my dad''s got more money than your mum" nonsense.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Change doesn''t worry me (as you''d know if you''d read my numerous posts elsewhere). Anarchy and financial disaster,on the other hand, scare the hell out of me,and at the moment we have a destabilised club with a cash shortage and no new investors.It is clear that it will take some time for due diligence to be carried out on any new investor and during that time the club will be highly vulnerable.As a fan of 40 years,I find that deeply troubling.I sincerely hope that Peter Cullum comes forward with significant funds,but I do not accept the vilification of the board by people who (like me) have no concept of what is involved in running a football club.I was around when Chase went,and I still remember how poisonous the atmosphere was,with "Chase Out" chants ringing around the ground as we went out of the FA Cup as we went out of the FA Cup at home to Brentford,and at various other games.Were you there,Mr Carrow,or are you Googling the past? A clean and relatively painless handover is what is best for the club,not the current "my dad''s got more money than your mum" nonsense.

[/quote]

I was very much there; i used to help run a fanzine at the time, one of my best friends is the bloke in the "man under police horse" photo in the EDP (no lasting damage!) and my brother was yards away when Chase left for the last time.  One thing that strikes me is that the same arguments being used against the protestors then are being trotted out now.  Until a few months ago it was "no-one wants to invest so shut it" and of course had Cullum not gone to the press it would be the same old nonsense now wouldn`t it?  Of course now the argument has subtly changed to "Cullums not interested" but of course, all the people spouting that line will be ecstatic if he takes over, just as the "anti-protestors" element were ecstatic when Delia took over from Chase.  I wonder if these people are even aware of their own hypocrisy?

As i`ve stated plenty of times before i think the board were almost faultless in their approach until the share issues (which i supported) and promotion, but ultimately they decided to neglect the team in favour of yet more unnecessary infrastructure just as Chase did.  The fact that they have become increasingly dishonest and unable to take any form of criticism has lead to the hostility IMO.

I want exactly what you want but following events of recent years i don`t trust them one iota to take a rational decision in the best interests of the club, so if a bit of persuasion is necessary to speed things along, so be it.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I want exactly what you want but following events of recent years i don`t trust them one iota to take a rational decision in the best interests of the club, so if a bit of persuasion is necessary to speed things along, so be it.[/quote]Where is this "bit of persuasion" going to come from then Mr.Carrow?  You have called for some sort of ''action'' on several occasions but, as I see it, every opportunity for you and other like-minded individuals has passed with a whimper. For example, why didn''t the Delia outers support smudgers protest? And why didn''t they make themselves heard when she stood on the pitch at half-time during the last home match?

I think that it''s a lot easier to hide behind a ''Delia out'' banner on here than to actually stand up and shout it at Carrow Rd ( unless of course all around you are doing it).

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I was very much there; i used to help run a fanzine at the time, one of my best friends is the bloke in the "man under police horse" photo in the EDP (no lasting damage!) and my brother was yards away when Chase left for the last time.  One thing that strikes me is that the same arguments being used against the protestors then are being trotted out now.  Until a few months ago it was "no-one wants to invest so shut it" and of course had Cullum not gone to the press it would be the same old nonsense now wouldn`t it?  Of course now the argument has subtly changed to "Cullums not interested" but of course, all the people spouting that line will be ecstatic if he takes over, just as the "anti-protestors" element were ecstatic when Delia took over from Chase.  I wonder if these people are even aware of their own hypocrisy?

As i`ve stated plenty of times before i think the board were almost faultless in their approach until the share issues (which i supported) and promotion, but ultimately they decided to neglect the team in favour of yet more unnecessary infrastructure just as Chase did.  The fact that they have become increasingly dishonest and unable to take any form of criticism has lead to the hostility IMO.

I want exactly what you want but following events of recent years i don`t trust them one iota to take a rational decision in the best interests of the club, so if a bit of persuasion is necessary to speed things along, so be it.

[/quote]

For someone who was there you have very poor recollection of what followed on from Chase leaving. As I don''t doubt you were there then I have to assume that you deliberately spin the truth to your own agenda in the hopes that no one else remembers. Just talk me through your claim that "Delia got Chases shares on the cheap when the club was at it''s lowest ebb."[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

For someone who was there you have very poor recollection of what followed on from Chase leaving. As I don''t doubt you were there then I have to assume that you deliberately spin the truth to your own agenda in the hopes that no one else remembers. Just talk me through your claim that "Delia got Chases shares on the cheap when the club was at it''s lowest ebb."[:^)]

[/quote]

Where you there Nutster....When the ''Mounted Nags'' - ''cantered'' down Carra? Or, where you "OOH ERR! Not bleedin'' likely! I''m ORFT!"..... You don''t seem the type to protest....more of a someone, who sits on ''defence''.....

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I want exactly what you want but following events of recent years i don`t trust them one iota to take a rational decision in the best interests of the club, so if a bit of persuasion is necessary to speed things along, so be it.[/quote]Where is this "bit of persuasion" going to come from then Mr.Carrow?  You have called for some sort of ''action'' on several occasions but, as I see it, every opportunity for you and other like-minded individuals has passed with a whimper. For example, why didn''t the Delia outers support smudgers protest? And why didn''t they make themselves heard when she stood on the pitch at half-time during the last home match?

I think that it''s a lot easier to hide behind a ''Delia out'' banner on here than to actually stand up and shout it at Carrow Rd ( unless of course all around you are doing it).

[/quote]

Blimey Lappin... I don''t believe my eyes... a post of yours in which I agree with everything you say... [8-|] [H]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][

Where you there Nutster....When the ''Mounted Nags'' - ''cantered'' down Carra? Or, where you "OOH ERR! Not bleedin'' likely! I''m ORFT!"..... You don''t seem the type to protest....more of a someone, who sits on ''defence''.....

[/quote]

No Mello... I''m afraid you got me wrong there... serial protester, that''s me! Right from the 60''s when I was there with the best of ''em in The Barclay as we stood shoulder to shoulder bawling "zigger zigger zigger, Watling is a....." as your for forefathers hurled cushion on the pitch in their own little protest. But of course I was too young to understand what the chanting meant and when it was explained to me I couldn''t see the relevance of chanting that at our legendary owner.[:|] But a protest is a protest none the less. The next protest was tame by comparison but Watling brought more anger on himself when the board took the decision to change from green to black shorts because "they stayed smarter longer than the green ones" and they wouldn''t have to replace them so often. (Maybe we should play in all black this season) Then followed a period of  unprecedented success on the field and the protests dried up for a while. There were murmers of discontent at various times but nothing of note until "No Reeves - No Future - No Fans" [:''(] and we stood shoulder to shoulder  bawling insults to another of our owners who hold legendary status. We didn''t care that Sir Arthur had been instrumental in saving the club all we knew was that on the pitch assets had been sold for off the field investments. Bricks and mortar ruled and we blamed South. Results in the history books show that Robert Chase was the most succesfull of our legendary owners but his 10 years in charge were also fertile times for us protesters. First we marched to St Andrews Hall for an EGM because Big Bob had sacked Ken Brown, then we all sat down on the cold terrace because he''d sold Townsend and Linighan for millions and spent very little on Blades, Woodthorpe and Polston. We felt his focus was off the pitch and that he was spending peanuts on the football team. And the of course I was part of Mr Carrow''s protest outside Carrow Road after being deafened inside by Radio Bob''s Ghetto Blaster.

Being a grandad by then  I left the Worthy out march''s to the younger generation. I quite liked Worthy and couldn''t quite understand where the venemous hate came from. So I refused to join the hate mob. After all, Watling wasn''t so bad was he? Neither was Sir Arthur? Chase did plenty of good things didn''t he? At least Worthy wasn''t Grant. And the board were to blame all along anyway,  although not at the time obviously, only since[:S]

So maybe Delia Smith is not an evil self centred thieving old witch lining her pockets at our expense just like just like Geoffrey Watling didn''t really rhyme with zigger [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][

[/quote]

No Mello... I''m afraid you got me wrong there... serial protester, that''s me! Right from the 60''s when I was there with the best of ''em in The Barclay as we stood shoulder to shoulder bawling "zigger zigger zigger, Watling is a....." as your for forefathers hurled cushion on the pitch in their own little protest. But of course I was too young to understand what the chanting meant and when it was explained to me I couldn''t see the relevance of chanting that at our legendary owner.[:|] But a protest is a protest none the less. The next protest was tame by comparison but Watling brought more anger on himself when the board took the decision to change from green to black shorts because "they stayed smarter longer than the green ones" and they wouldn''t have to replace them so often. (Maybe we should play in all black this season) Then followed a period of  unprecedented success on the field and the protests dried up for a while. There were murmers of discontent at various times but nothing of note until "No Reeves - No Future - No Fans" [:''(] and we stood shoulder to shoulder  bawling insults to another of our owners who hold legendary status. We didn''t care that Sir Arthur had been instrumental in saving the club all we knew was that on the pitch assets had been sold for off the field investments. Bricks and mortar ruled and we blamed South. Results in the history books show that Robert Chase was the most succesfull of our legendary owners but his 10 years in charge were also fertile times for us protesters. First we marched to St Andrews Hall for an EGM because Big Bob had sacked Ken Brown, then we all sat down on the cold terrace because he''d sold Townsend and Linighan for millions and spent very little on Blades, Woodthorpe and Polston. We felt his focus was off the pitch and that he was spending peanuts on the football team. And the of course I was part of Mr Carrow''s protest outside Carrow Road after being deafened inside by Radio Bob''s Ghetto Blaster.

Being a grandad by then  I left the Worthy out march''s to the younger generation. I quite liked Worthy and couldn''t quite understand where the venemous hate came from. So I refused to join the hate mob. After all, Watling wasn''t so bad was he? Neither was Sir Arthur? Chase did plenty of good things didn''t he? At least Worthy wasn''t Grant. And the board were to blame all along anyway,  although not at the time obviously, only since[:S]

So maybe Delia Smith is not an evil self centred thieving old witch lining her pockets at our expense just like just like Geoffrey Watling didn''t really rhyme with zigger [:|]

[/quote]

Well that little jaunt down memory lane certainly brought tears to my old eyes Nigel.

It makes you realise what a rich pageant our history has been.

I guess you are right and time heals all wounds.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well that little jaunt down memory lane certainly brought tears to my old eyes Nigel.

It makes you realise what a rich pageant our history has been.

I guess you are right and time heals all wounds.

[/quote]

It certainly does Ricardo, it certainly does... [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Incorrect quote nutty, "one of it`s lowest ebbs"- see if you can get it right next time.  That point was made in relation to the usual claim that Cullum is waiting until the club was in turmoil and on it`s knees before getting it on the cheap, and i pointed out that it seems Delia did exactly the same thing.  Why did she wait for protests to force Chase out and Watling having to step in when the club was on the point of anarchy?  Why couldn`t she have launched a takeover bid before the club was on it`s knees?  What applies to one applies to the other.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you probably still wear the same ''anorak''.....that you actually wore in the ''zigger'' sixties.....Do you have any other interests or hobbies - other than the History of NCFC?

Have you actually thought of appearing on ''Mastermind''?

With your specialised subject being: "The History since the year hickory dickory dot, to the present day (including tomorrow and the foreseeable future) - of NCFC." will show the slightly interested viewing public - what a ''smarty pants'' you really are.  

Just a piece of friendly advice though, I think that it would be good TV etiquette, for you to leave your ''anorak hood'' down whilst sat in ''the chair''. Oh! and definitely no white socks, bright tank-tops or worn-soled grease stained ''hush puppies'' (and may I suggest you wear the slightly flared off-white chino''s - instead of brown tapered threadbare corduroy slacks). Don''t forget to conceal your pens and pencils in an inside pocket - and ensure your best notepad full of really useful and interesting statistics, is firmly tucked in your side pocket alongside your best conker, £1.35 in pennies and adorable (ut quite dead) pet mouse ''Donkster''....

I unfortunately think that you may struggle somewhat on the ''General Knowledge'' questions - as you do seem so target fixated on one central subject close to your heart.....But, your most commendable and intense personal knowledge of your specialised subject, will hopefully give you 100% and ''no passes''.....and should see you through to the next round.

You do need to get up to speed on finding something else as your specialised subject for your next appearance. How about, "The entire cookery book collection of Delia Smith - and including her successful tenure as glorious Major-Shareholder of NCFC from 1996 to 2008.".....You''ll do very well.....[|-)] 

You may even wish to purchase a new anorak with your winnings?[8-|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you probably still wear the same ''anorak''.....that you actually wore in the ''zigger'' sixties.....Do you have any other interests or hobbies - other than the History of NCFC?

With your specialised subject being: "The History since the year hickory dickory dot, to the present day (including tomorrow and the foreseeable future) - of NCFC." will show the slightly interested viewing public - what a ''smarty pants'' you really are.  

Just a piece of friendly advice though, I think that it would be good TV etiquette, for you to leave your ''anorak hood'' down whilst sat in ''the chair''. Oh! and definitely no white socks, bright tank-tops or worn-soled grease stained ''hush puppies'' (and may I suggest you wear the slightly flared off-white chino''s - instead of brown tapered threadbare corduroy slacks). Don''t forget to conceal your pens and pencils in an inside pocket - and ensure your best notepad full of really useful and interesting statistics, is firmly tucked in your side pocket alongside your best conker, £1.35 in pennies and adorable (ut quite dead) pet mouse ''Donkster''....

I unfortunately think that you may struggle somewhat on the ''General Knowledge'' questions - as you do seem so target fixated on one central subject close to your heart.....But, your most commendable and intense personal knowledge of your specialised subject, will hopefully give you 100% and ''no passes''.....and should see you through to the next round.

You do need to get up to speed on finding something else as your specialised subject for your next appearance. How about, "The entire cookery book collection of Delia Smith - and including her successful tenure as glorious Major-Shareholder of NCFC from 1996 to 2008.".....You''ll do very well.....[|-)] 

[/quote]

Chortle Chortle... sorry Nutty... [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

What sort of "action" have i called for LUI?  Stop making things up.  I have seen first-hand how unreasonable and aggressive people can be when their cosy delusions are shattered when we were spat at and assaulted for protesting against Chase.  Funnily enough there are plenty of echoes of that idiot mentality on these boards but people are not self-aware enough to recognise them.

If there are enough NCFC fans left with clear-thinking, spirit and passion, protests will happen naturally unless the board sort things out.  There is no need for some trumped-up egotist with a banner shouting "Follow me!"  But probably the biggest influence will be when moderate supporters start to tell the current regime their time is up, hence my factual posts on here.  I think it started quite a while back and momentum has built.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Of course it wasn''t an anorak.. they were known as "Harringtons" back then.. didn''t have hoods either.... we was quite smart.. the likes of us were rubbish at general knowledge cuz we''re not very bright but we was smart.. we used to stand outside the Main Stand waiting for autographs as we watched you well-to-do''s leave the game in your crimplene double breasted suits with those quilted jerkins over the top in the winter months...

Have you ever thought of entering your mate Mr Carrow onto "Call My Bluff "? .. I think he''d be quite good at making stuff up and making it sound believable...

DING! And the word is Infrastructure... Mr Carrow? 

Well... infrastructure is another name for a black hole where Premiership parachute money disappears in profit making Championship Football Clubs. It''s a relatively new word derived from excuses made by Football Club boards in answer to fans wailing "where''s the muckin funny gone" One such C/E answered the fans by saying "Well, we were in for Sturridge" So there you have it.. infrastructure is a bottomless pit in Football Club accounts to avoid spending money on the football team. FACT!! End of.

If this messageboard was a gameshow like "Call My Bluff" I could understand it. But surely if an opinion is worth having, making stuff up to support it only devalues it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see you have carefully avoided defining Auntie as one of our owners of legendary status.

An inadvertent omission perhaps?

I mean we wouldn''t want some poor soul googling NCFC for all she''s worth to be exposed to such disinformation. now would we?

Dear oh dear oh dear, whatever next.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m told that a prominent Pink ''Un poster is considering an offer to appear on the first episode of a new series of ''Down Memory Lane'' centred around the theme song ''My Hooligan Days''. Expected to be controversial the mystery guest is slated to reveal secrets about the relative merits of various toilet papers for disrupting opposition goalkeepers and corner takers, as well as the relative merits of bananas and plantains as both projectiles and weapons of psychological warfare.

My, my aren''t our posters in demand.

No googling for our intrepid lot wrapped up in their M&S hoodies - just the plain raw facts from pristine, elephantine memories.

Classic radio. Listen out for this new series about life in Norfolk - as it used to be.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC