Sign in to follow this  
renegade tootsie

WHAT A TOTAL MESS - Saucers of milk all round one last time

So we are finally here.  For those of you who have been content to dip your noses into a saucer of milk for the past year rather than face facts, I am afraid its all going to get a bit real for you.  Sorry, but that is the price you pay for strapping on the blinkers and accepting that everything will be ok if we look the other way and keep cheering the team.

The club is well and truly in the **** now and at a pivotal moment in its history.  One road leads to investment, change (yes change my little milk sucking pussy cats), the other to ten years of loan-teams and avoiding League One.  

Some of us could read between the lines and see all this coming.  It was obvious that the ''lovely investment'' was the Turners, but equally obvious that their business will struggle in a recession and obvious that their financial clout is a  tenth of Cullums.  It was also obvious that the massive loan influx meant that we had zero cash.  Yet you all supported short term fixes without questioning and pressuring for the reason WHY.

No amount of ''look what Delia did for us'' nonsense can now hide the facts.  She and Michael have ignored other investment streams because of a nod and wink from the Turners.  Reading between the lines, obviously the Turners financial clout has weakened making them back out.  There is NO reason for them to resign if they are all great friends, so the truth is that they obviously wanted Delia to take Cullums cash and go instead and she is refusing.  So they walk, leaving Smith and Jones hiding, and sending Munby forward to deliver the message that they have messed up BIG TIME.

Cullum is a baddie, bleet bleet.  Cullum the lifeling city fan who played in the club and comes from our county and has TWENTY MILLION to put into the team RIGHT NOW.  Put that alongside Delia and the Turners credentials, and perhaps its starting to dawn on some of you people that you have been backing the REAL foreigners.

So now we all get to sit and wait.  Glenn Roeder has a squad of loanees and nothing more solid to back it up.  He does not have a transfer budget, and with the black hole we face quality loans may now also be out of our reach come January.  It is a DISASTER that has been building for months, yet some of you people were happy with it. 

You really need to take a look at youreselves, supporting a massive loan policy and not even questioning WHY we were having to go down that road.  Well now you know.  Its down to the majority shareholders not taking the biggest deal, because they preferred to hand it over to the Turners.  They blatantly rejected massive investment and are now paying the price.

What price will OUR CLUB and FANS now pay for their uber-control freak tactics?  Money talks and we have been offered a HUGE potential investment from a LOCAL BILLIONAIRE.  Delia turned it down, her ''mates'' backed out and we as fans now sit and hope that Peter Cullum swallows his pride and steps forward for a THIRD time.

Take the blinkers of, stop lapping up the apologist milk and acknowledge that YOU have personally conributed to this mess by constantly excusing the poor decisions our small-world board have made.

[quote user="JC"]

*snip*

[/quote]What a complete and utter load of old b*******. When was the last time you organised a protest to get Delia out JC?What''s that... you haven''t?So surely, by that definition, that makes you as culpable as the rest of us? Or are you suggesting that anonymously venting your anger on a message board forum actually goes someway towards non-acceptance of Delia''s policy?How dare you make such a condescending "I told you so" attack on fellow fans, which is even more unbelievable when you are clearly not in possession of the full facts.

"There is NO reason for them to resign if they are all great friends, so the truth is that they obviously wanted Delia to take Cullums cash and go instead and she is refusing."

I''m a little confused as to how this can be ''obviously'' when it seems as though it was the Turner''s own agreement with DS&MWJ that may have put them off talking to PC.

If the Turner''s wanted them to deal with PC, why didn''t they last October just say that they wouldn''t be honouring their agreement?

JC old chap, just have a sit down and a pause for breath for a second.  I think that you are massively over-valuing the ability of comments on a message board to change anything at all.  Whether or not I think somebody is doing a good or a bad job will not effect their choice of investment partner, same goes for the other couple of hundred semi-regulars that post here.  As for loans, yes, it''s obvious that with the Turners "new 2 million", we might have brought in a better calibre of player in one or 2 positions, but the squad would still be full of loans, and the reason for this is because of the mess that Grant left for Roeder to clear up.  Only QPR have the resources in this league to churn so many players in so many positions in a single summer, and not even they have done that.  As for your cats and milk analogy which is frankly some kind of weird freakazoid thinking, I think you need to go and take a good lie down, and maybe accept that you cannot convert everyone to your point of view.

Do calm down. No one on this board (unless they are part of the executive team) are personally to blame for goodness sake. Wipe the rabid foam from your chin and come back... 

Yes it''s a total mess, and it''s been happening slowly for years, even before the Turners came on board. 

Putting the blame on either side (board supporters & board haters) solves nothing, what''s needed more now than ever is to stand united as fans and wait to see what pans out over the next weeks.

The board have brought us this far and sadly can take us no further forward, the Turners have resigned for personal reasons, which has left us with a black hole in money and still owing them 2.5mill. Not an idea situation, but it''s happened and now has to be dealt with.

Whilst most of us have been here before, a few of the younger members of this board won''t have, or can''t remember too much about it, and I remember being real scared for the future of our club all those years ago, so I guess to them it''s pretty scarey too.

I''m not going to argue against you, I''m just going to pick apart your argument....

"It was obvious that the ''lovely investment'' was the Turners, but equally obvious that their business will struggle in a recession" - Did you honestly see a recession coming? Are you some sort of financial expert? My guess is no, so at the time £2m did seem like a decent investment from fans of the club. Little did anyone know that a recession of the type that we are facing would come around so soon.

"There is NO reason for them to resign if they are all great friends, so the truth is that they obviously wanted Delia to take Cullums cash and go instead and she is refusing" - There is no proof whatsoever that the Turners even know Cullum, let alone want his investment in the club. You are making up this part of your argument. Many of you extremists thought that the Turners were being groomed by Delia to takeover the club one day, and now you have changed your argument because it doesn''t fit anymore. Quite simply pathetic.

"Put that alongside Delia and the Turners credentials, and perhaps its starting to dawn on some of you people that you have been backing the REAL foreigners." - Oh come on get real.

"You really need to take a look at youreselves, supporting a massive loan policy and not even questioning WHY we were having to go down that road. Well now you know. Its down to the majority shareholders not taking the biggest deal, because they preferred to hand it over to the Turners. They blatantly rejected massive investment and are now paying the price." and "Take the blinkers of, stop lapping up the apologist milk and acknowledge that YOU have personally conributed to this mess by constantly excusing the poor decisions our small-world board have made." - So come on then JC what exactly have YOU done to change it, have YOU gone out and protested, have YOU tried to change the clubs attitude??!! Of course YOU haven''t because YOU wouldn''t have the support and YOU would not be able to sway the boards decision. If YOU want to blame the supporters go ahead and do it, but by sitting there, and just bleating on on an internet message board, YOU YOURSELF by following your own statement are as much to blame as all of us.

I have no further input for this thread.  Point has been made and stung the appropriate blinkers, which was the whole point.Did I sit back and lap up the milk like you boys?  Hmm, well apart from trying to get the message out on the board I also spoke personally on the phone to Charles Clarke, I spoke numerous times to Neil Doncaster and I also managed to find Peter Cullums email address (no way am I naming that source) and wrote to him as well.So no I was not manning the barricades, just doing everything I personally could to try and get change down at Carrow Road.You boys carry on lapping up the milok on here though eh.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="JC"]

*snip*

[/quote]What a complete and utter load of old b*******. When was the last time you organised a protest to get Delia out JC?What''s that... you haven''t?So surely, by that definition, that makes you as culpable as the rest of us? Or are you suggesting that anonymously venting your anger on a message board forum actually goes someway towards non-acceptance of Delia''s policy?How dare you make such a condescending "I told you so" attack on fellow fans, which is even more unbelievable when you are clearly not in possession of the full facts.[/quote]

JC.. you are a Smudger wannabe. A closet Smudger who takes on a different persona on the messageboard to the "milk sucking pussy cat" image you portray in the face to face world. Smudger stands alone at Carrow Road (or so he tells us) protesting for a better life as a fan, confronting board members on a one to one, standing alone against the 20,000 sheep who turn up every fortnight. How you''d love the balls to be Smudger! How you''d love to stand up like he does for what you believe!! You must hang your head in shame as you sit in Carrow Road, afraid to lift your nose out of the saucer of milk while the fans around you are lapping up theirs!!! If only a few more had balls like Smudger, then you could hide among them, feel part of the mob, an shout...

Power to the people [:''(]

[quote user="JC"]I have no further input for this thread.  Point has been made and stung the appropriate blinkers, which was the whole point.[/quote]Quelle surprise.

[quote user="JC"]

So we are finally here.  For those of you who have been content to dip your noses into a saucer of milk for the past year rather than face facts, I am afraid its all going to get a bit real for you.  Sorry, but that is the price you pay for strapping on the blinkers and accepting that everything will be ok if we look the other way and keep cheering the team.

The club is well and truly in the **** now and at a pivotal moment in its history.  One road leads to investment, change (yes change my little milk sucking pussy cats), the other to ten years of loan-teams and avoiding League One.  

Some of us could read between the lines and see all this coming.  It was obvious that the ''lovely investment'' was the Turners, but equally obvious that their business will struggle in a recession and obvious that their financial clout is a  tenth of Cullums.  It was also obvious that the massive loan influx meant that we had zero cash.  Yet you all supported short term fixes without questioning and pressuring for the reason WHY.

No amount of ''look what Delia did for us'' nonsense can now hide the facts.  She and Michael have ignored other investment streams because of a nod and wink from the Turners.  Reading between the lines, obviously the Turners financial clout has weakened making them back out.  There is NO reason for them to resign if they are all great friends, so the truth is that they obviously wanted Delia to take Cullums cash and go instead and she is refusing.  So they walk, leaving Smith and Jones hiding, and sending Munby forward to deliver the message that they have messed up BIG TIME.

Cullum is a baddie, bleet bleet.  Cullum the lifeling city fan who played in the club and comes from our county and has TWENTY MILLION to put into the team RIGHT NOW.  Put that alongside Delia and the Turners credentials, and perhaps its starting to dawn on some of you people that you have been backing the REAL foreigners.

So now we all get to sit and wait.  Glenn Roeder has a squad of loanees and nothing more solid to back it up.  He does not have a transfer budget, and with the black hole we face quality loans may now also be out of our reach come January.  It is a DISASTER that has been building for months, yet some of you people were happy with it. 

You really need to take a look at youreselves, supporting a massive loan policy and not even questioning WHY we were having to go down that road.  Well now you know.  Its down to the majority shareholders not taking the biggest deal, because they preferred to hand it over to the Turners.  They blatantly rejected massive investment and are now paying the price.

What price will OUR CLUB and FANS now pay for their uber-control freak tactics?  Money talks and we have been offered a HUGE potential investment from a LOCAL BILLIONAIRE.  Delia turned it down, her ''mates'' backed out and we as fans now sit and hope that Peter Cullum swallows his pride and steps forward for a THIRD time.

Take the blinkers of, stop lapping up the apologist milk and acknowledge that YOU have personally conributed to this mess by constantly excusing the poor decisions our small-world board have made.

[/quote]

Guilty as charged ,I''m hanging my head in shame as I type - Not sure how ''we'' could have all been so stupid as to ignore the  warnings from those all-seeing  sages such as Schmucker,Cluck etc

What can I do to redeem myself in your eyes - my remorse is almost too much to bear [:''(]  

Vital football forum wasn''t it?http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2927

[quote user="JC"] and I also managed to find Peter Cullums email address (no way am I naming that source) and wrote to him as well.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="JC"]

*snip*

[/quote]What a complete and utter load of old b*******. When was the last time you organised a protest to get Delia out JC?What''s that... you haven''t?So surely, by that definition, that makes you as culpable as the rest of us? Or are you suggesting that anonymously venting your anger on a message board forum actually goes someway towards non-acceptance of Delia''s policy?How dare you make such a condescending "I told you so" attack on fellow fans, which is even more unbelievable when you are clearly not in possession of the full facts.[/quote][/quote]

Thing is JC, even though your name does hint towards a certain "messiah" or "saviour" you aint changing anything!!Unless you have incredible political pull, or are in a job that deems you able to turn around a football club, I don''t think you have any right to lambaste people on this board. Of course, you are entitled to your opinions and so is everybody else.It''s utter nonsense to suggest that EVERY single Norwich City fan that posts on this board is in some part responsible for the goings on at Carrow Road. It''s pretty offensive too.Peter Cullums email address hey? Hmmm....let me guess,peter.cullum@towergate.co.uk??Close?!!

Come on everybody, let JC have his moment in the sun.He is allowed to feel very smug whilst sitting at home all alone and in his pants.   Well done JC, you deserve this moment.  [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y]

Well, I for one found this post very entertaining, for all the wrong reasons I might add.

Now if you''ll excuse me I understand I am now meant to go home and feel very remorseful for what I have or haven''t done.....  [;)]

JC did they laugh at you when you "phoned them"? If I had someone as clueless as you ringing up moaning I''d pi$$ myself laughing, go support Southampton or Watford, there boards are doing much better than ours.............................

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

JC.. you are a Smudger wannabe. A closet Smudger who takes on a different persona on the messageboard to the "milk sucking pussy cat" image you portray in the face to face world. Smudger stands alone at Carrow Road (or so he tells us) protesting for a better life as a fan, confronting board members on a one to one, standing alone against the 20,000 sheep who turn up every fortnight. How you''d love the balls to be Smudger! How you''d love to stand up like he does for what you believe!! You must hang your head in shame as you sit in Carrow Road, afraid to lift your nose out of the saucer of milk while the fans around you are lapping up theirs!!! If only a few more had balls like Smudger, then you could hide among them, feel part of the mob, an shout...

Power to the people [:''(]

[/quote]

Selective ''quotes'' again.[:''(]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

It''s:

''Better must come!

Time for a for a change!

Power to the people!''

Achooooooooooooo....!!![:)]

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

JC - you are completely right and the apologists have been completely wrong for years. How fun it is to see them come crawling out of their holes in the ground. One prick said to me yesterday that "In 12 years Delia hadn''t done to bad" (sic). The day that the EDP report NCFC was up for sale.

They are complete knobs.

I think you are wasting your time JC. Everything you say is correct but some people still seem unable to accept the truth.

Things are now panning out the way I expected and much sooner than I predicted. I thought she might hang on till Xmas but the effects of the credit crunch on the Turners business has precipitated their withdrawl. Football ownership is for the ultra rich not just any old millionaire and these guys were never going to have enough wedge.

I said that if Cullum wanted it then Delia was toast.

Thanks Delia for all you''ve done but your time has come and gone.

Perhaps,JC,you''d like to organise some summary executions of "board apologists" as the pre match entertainment before the QPR game?

A little bit of baiting by specially trained dogs followed by crucifixion in the centre circle would be nice,while a crowd of baying Delia haters masturbate furiously in the stands.Having the bodies thrown to rabid wolves to be ripped apart would make an impressive finale.

You really are a contemptible little person,aren''t you? Safe behind the anonymity of your keyboard you pump out your bile at people who care about the club''s future because they have the temerity to disagree with you. I have always respectd the right of others to hold different opinions and have always tried (although not always succeeded) to debate rationally and politely.You, however, and the moron on another thread who suggested that all the "Delia lovers" should return their season tickets after her departure,are beneath contempt.This isn''t about the club for you anymore, is it? Its about you being right and your contempt for other people.I might disagree with my fellow fans,but I don''t have the capacity to hate that you seem to possess in abundance.I pity you.

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]

JC - you are completely right and the apologists have been completely wrong for years. How fun it is to see them come crawling out of their holes in the ground. One prick said to me yesterday that "In 12 years Delia hadn''t done to bad" (sic). The day that the EDP report NCFC was up for sale.

They are complete knobs.

[/quote]Bloody n00b

[quote user="ricardo"]I think you are wasting your time JC. Everything you say is correct but some people still seem unable to accept the truth.[/quote]I think if he went about it in a less insulting manner he might get a bit more sympathy.

[quote user="ricardo"]

I think you are wasting your time JC. Everything you say is correct but some people still seem unable to accept the truth.[/quote]

I used to think you were a relatively sensible poster Ricardo, but I''m concerned you believe that everything JC says is correct. Nobody is yet privy to the exact financial implications of the Turner''s withdrawals. Clearly we are not going to have a lot of money in the short-term, but as far as I''m aware, we do not really know if this will lead rapidly into administration. Still, that doesn''t stop the usual doom-mongers talking about fear, anger, hate, suffering and administration without knowing any facts/figures.I don''t really understand the ''saucers of milk'' quotes, but surely the only idiots who need feeding are those who insist on being hyper-reactionary, and polarising the entire fan base into "Delia apologists" / "Board Haters". Perhaps these people can survive by eating their own bull****, but the rest of us are more than capable of forming their own opinion (which clearly falls somewhere between the two).Let me ask you, do you genuinely believe that the average supporter is responsible for the fact we are not a rich club?

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]Remarkable deductive skills there Ric. [:)] Surely it is clear that if somebody worth multiple times more than Delia really wanted the club, they could get hold of it? That is a given - what nobody outside of Towergate/NCFC knows is precisely how much Cullum wants NCFC, and how much time/effort/money he is willing to commit to the cause. I certainly wouldn''t believe any of this media posturing anyway.

[quote user="ricardo"]

I think you are wasting your time JC. Everything you say is correct but some people still seem unable to accept the truth.

Things are now panning out the way I expected and much sooner than I predicted. I thought she might hang on till Xmas but the effects of the credit crunch on the Turners business has precipitated their withdrawl. Football ownership is for the ultra rich not just any old millionaire and these guys were never going to have enough wedge.

Thanks Delia for all you''ve done but your time has come and gone.

[/quote]

You said and predicted a lot of things on here Ricky..

But you still had dried milk around yer chops on the stroll home to Trowse [:O]

This thread is priceless.  I have been neither an apologist or anti-delia but I have said many times this club is stale and needs fresh investment. Any idiot can see that though, whether you froth at the mouth over the thought of getting Delia out or not.Well done JC and to steal the words of Basil Fawlty.... Next contestant - JC from Norwich. Special subject - the bleedin'' obvious.