Sign in to follow this  
The Manager

“was absolutely no danger” of the club going into administration.

[quote user="The Manager"]

How many clubs have said this in the past??? how many clubs have gone into administration after saying this???????

[/quote]

Do you really think we are close to Admin. or are you just being a doom merchant?

Because one thing is for sure Sibs wages will be very high in the scheme of our wage structure, and if we are on the verge of administration the board would NOT have sanctioned his move here.

Things are bad enough without people speculating on things they know bugger all about.[:@]

I was just making a point on how many clubs say that, i am a worried fan thats all. and would hate to see it happen!!!!!!!!!! so SHHHHHHHHHH

the administration thing came off here, and ended up with archat banding it about like gospel. although as I said in another post I''m worried for our long term future. The Turners are in a dodgy business at the min, they needed their money thats why they left. just so happens though that is screwed the club up a bit

I doubt it, in Munby''s interview IMO it was one of his truthful comments.  When he said we were no where near administration his face didn''t flinch for a second,  where as every thing else he looked a bit shady

[quote user="National express super guard "]the administration thing came off here, and ended up with archat banding it about like gospel. although as I said in another post I''m worried for our long term future. The Turners are in a dodgy business at the min, they needed their money thats why they left. just so happens though that is screwed the club up a bit
[/quote]

I''m actually quite excited about the long term future, hopefully the club will now be sold to someone that has the money and is prepared to spend it to take us forward. This club has got in a rut in recent years and a complete change of ownership would be best for all concerned. We have recieved a million quid for Shackell which should go some way towards making up the shortfall we have just lost and I don''t see things are as bleak as some are making them out to be.

[quote user="The Manager"]

How many clubs have said this in the past??? how many clubs have gone into administration after saying this???????

[/quote]

Who cares? Until we are in it, we''ll never know, so stop panicking.

[quote user="jjjohnny"]

Club chairman of norwich city says club is not about to go in to administration..........Its not got this bad has it?

[/quote]

no.. if it had got "that bad" we''d be in administration wouldnt we?

jas :)

This is just a bit of crap journalism. Munby answers a journalist''s questions about the solvency of the club...next minute headlines appear " Club denies reports it is about to go into administration"...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jjjohnny"]

Club chairman of norwich city says club is not about to go in to administration..........Its not got this bad has it?

[/quote]

[/quote] well if theres a 1.5 million hole in our finances you don''t know what could happen,didn''t do the scummers much harm did it?

Although not one to type hearsay I was told that the club was very close to Administration last week,but obviously this has been averted by the loan of up to 2 M by Delia and Michael.With the withdrawal by the Turners ,who apparently wont be buying a certain cookery book in the foreseeable future,a hand to mouth existance seems to be upon us until the new owners/Investors are found.On reading the pink''un this week in the "Contenders"article the underlying theme seemed to be that there are people willng to invest ,but not with the current regime in place.It is a shame that football has gone this way,but we cannot compete as we are.It may have been a throw away comment in the Mirror that Cureton will be loaned to save his wages,but we probably will see certain players moving to save money.Here''s hoping the new investment can be sorted out ASAP for the good of the club.

[quote user="jjjohnny"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jjjohnny"]

[/quote]

[/quote] well if theres a 1.5 million hole in our finances you don''t know what could happen,didn''t do the scummers much harm did it?[/quote]

There isn''t. Delia filled the hole with another £2 mil, remember?

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Although not one to type hearsay I was told that the club was very close to Administration last week,but obviously this has been averted by the loan of up to 2 M by Delia and Michael.With the withdrawal by the Turners ,who apparently wont be buying a certain cookery book in the foreseeable future,a hand to mouth existance seems to be upon us until the new owners/Investors are found.On reading the pink''un this week in the "Contenders"article the underlying theme seemed to be that there are people willng to invest ,but not with the current regime in place.
It is a shame that football has gone this way,but we cannot compete as we are.
It may have been a throw away comment in the Mirror that Cureton will be loaned to save his wages,but we probably will see certain players moving to save money.
Here''s hoping the new investment can be sorted out ASAP for the good of the club.
[/quote]

Yes you are, you just did it.

[quote user="jjjohnny"]didn''t do the scummers much harm did it?[/quote]

Not sure..

serious question -  how many Premier League clubs have been in administration? I am thinking Leicester had a year up after but I''m not sure how many more?

I''ve always claimerd we''d go into admistration in the damn board''s lifetime, I see Delia''s 2 million loan as a sign that we were/are pretty close to that bloody scary scenario.

To think otherwise would be a foolish act of blind faith!.[:|]

Wiz, whilst I don''t know the full ins and outs, I do believe that in

order to go into Administration the club would have to be unable to pay

bills, debts, wages, etc... The club, like most in the country, runs at

a loss and relies on investment in order to keep afloat.  A loan

from the Turners and subsequently Delia does not mean that we were

close to Administration, its simply a case of "topping up" the finances

to make us more competitive... something even Mr Cullum will have to

live with....

No players to sell , Debt at highest levels ever , Turners pull out , 1.5 Million hole , Delias 2M does not cover this it was due to be put in anyway and has been spun as a reaction when it appears to have been in place already (see other articles that claim there is still 1.5 hole despite this 2M)

Shacks sale would cover Sibs wages regardless of situation.

Never say never.

The good news is we dont need to worry about a fire sale of players as most of ours belong to other clubs anyhow.

I don''t know any more than anyone else but consider this.

If the Club goes into administration then that means it cannot pay its debts.   The business will be sold and the debtors paid with little if anything left for the owners.

Owners can act irrationally of course but putting a £2m loan into a business that is heading towards administration would be throwing money away.   You would have to be very rich or insane to do that.

Also, any owner seriously facing administration tries to sell the business first to recover some of the value.   I have acted in both sales and purchases of businesses facing failure.  The owner wants to salvage something and the purchaser wants to turn the business round before it goes dark.. Again, given the penalties for a club going into administration, it would be madness to allow it to happen   A deal will be done first.

My educated guess is that things have been tight but administration is not a realistic possibility AT THIS TIME!!!!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

If the Club goes into administration then that means it cannot pay its debts.   The business will be sold and the debtors paid with little if anything left for the owners.

Owners can act irrationally of course but putting a £2m loan into a business that is heading towards administration would be throwing money away.   You would have to be very rich or insane to do that.

Also, any owner seriously facing administration tries to sell the business first to recover some of the value.   I have acted in both sales and purchases of businesses facing failure.  The owner wants to salvage something and the purchaser wants to turn the business round before it goes dark.. Again, given the penalties for a club going into administration, it would be madness to allow it to happen   A deal will be done first.

My educated guess is that things have been tight but administration is not a realistic possibility AT THIS TIME!!!!

[/quote]

Might suggest a reason for the increasingly credible takeover talk though......? [^o)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Might suggest a reason for the increasingly credible takeover talk though......? [^o)]

[/quote]

Agreed.

I doubt that the present situation is sustainable long term.   The Board have made no secret that they are seeking further finance after all.

If you had 8M worth of shares in a company that went into administration and ended up with nothing you might be inclined to prop it up with an additional 2M to try to protect your original investment.

I dont think administration is likely primarily because the debt is structured over a long term and cannot be called in, but I do think we currently have little to offer in terms of strengthening the squad or pushing for promotion. Without additional investment there is every chance we could get relegated over the next couple of years and go into a downward spiral with crowds reducing and relying on youngsters. and that could drag us towards administration.

[/quote]

I agree... I think as long as we sustain championship football at the very very least then theres no risk of Administration at all... Relegation would be a different matter however.... as League 1 would no doubt mean huge cost cutting due to the loss in TV money, some sponsorship etc...

Agreed.

I doubt that the present situation is sustainable long term.   The Board have made no secret that they are seeking further finance after all.

[/quote]

I don''t think the present situation of the professional game as we now know it is sustainable long term.