Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Turners quit Carrow Road

And what about Delia''s interview at the Royal Norfolk Show about ''all that lovely investment''? The Turners have left the building. Delia, please follow!

[quote user="Strawberry"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Being honest.  Is anyone really that bothered that they are gone?[/quote]

I''m bothered about why they have gone.  I''m also bothered about their £2m investment.

[/quote]Investment?  You mean loan which they now want back.  Wow they really love the club don''t they.[/quote]

NCFC is not a registered charity.  D&M''s investment has been on the basis of loans converted into shares, nothing wrong with that at all.  And we don''t know if they want it back straight away do we?

[/quote]Clearly their departure has had some immediate effect on our finances though.  Or am I just trying to persuade myself this why we have 8 loan players??

[quote]Just maybe they were the advance party for Cullum after all, and with Delia rolling up the drawbridge they have decided to move out so things can become truly hostile.  Just a thought.[/quote]

Andrew Turner stood in front of last years AGM and said he had never met Peter Cullum. 

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ncfcstar"]If they force Delia et al to pay that loan back, I for one hope they never set foot inside Carrow Road again...and if they have the gall to call themselves "fans" then they can go back to wherever they came from.

I obviously hope this isn''t the case, but we clearly don''t have £2m to lose, so they had better leave us alone now.[/quote]It''s a loan, kind of obvious to anyone with common sense that eventually they would want it paid back.[/quote]This was a concern raised with Doncaster at the time the loan was arranged.  He intimated at the time that it was more likely that it would be converted into shares like Delia had done.  It appears that might not now be the case.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]If they force Delia et al to pay that loan back, I for one hope they never set foot inside Carrow Road again...and if they have the gall to call themselves "fans" then they can go back to wherever they came from. I obviously hope this isn''t the case, but we clearly don''t have £2m to lose, so they had better leave us alone now.[/quote]

Why are you giving The Turners such a hard time!! Why should''nt they get their money back, The Cook is trying to do exactly that (and probably engineer a tasty profit as well)!! Did''nt notice The Cook ''gift'' her shares to PC did you?

This is all going to lead to a huge amount of unfounded nonsense on this and many other boards. Oh dear, it already has...

It might be best if we all wait and see what''s going on before getting stuck into Delia and MWJ - whether you like them or not, this is a crucial time for the club and there''s no need for things to get personal.

Fingers crossed it all works out for the best, though. Glenn has done us proud so far and the very least we can do is be strong for him and the team.

OTBC

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]If they force Delia et al to pay that loan back, I for one hope they never set foot inside Carrow Road again...and if they have the gall to call themselves "fans" then they can go back to wherever they came from. I obviously hope this isn''t the case, but we clearly don''t have £2m to lose, so they had better leave us alone now.[/quote]

Why are you giving The Turners such a hard time!! Why should''nt they get their money back, The Cook is trying to do exactly that (and probably engineer a tasty profit as well)!! Did''nt notice The Cook ''gift'' her shares to PC did you?

[/quote]

These two posts sum up the summer for me. What right do we really have to dictate how others spend their money. I know that ultimately the soul of the football club belongs to the fans but in this day and age we can''t afford to buy it.

Maybe they knew much like most supporters that turning down Cullum was a very bad move for the clubs future and they have just had enough , if so good for them .

im guessing thats why we havent bought the "£1m" striker everyone wanted and have sold shacks for a possible £1m.

that equals the £2m loan from the turners anyone see where im going with this????

I''m giving them a hard time because they have walked at a really important/dangerous time for our club. At the moment, it looks to me, that we have no ability to pay back the loan. If they ask for it back, then it will force our club to do something drastic, either sell players or backroom staff, and who knows what else.

Therefore if they were "fans" they would realise that now is not the time to recall their loan, and if they do, then I for one hope they never return to Carrow Road.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

This is all going to lead to a huge amount of unfounded nonsense on this and many other boards. Oh dear, it already has...

It might be best if we all wait and see what''s going on before getting stuck into Delia and MWJ - whether you like them or not, this is a crucial time for the club and there''s no need for things to get personal.

Fingers crossed it all works out for the best, though. Glenn has done us proud so far and the very least we can do is be strong for him and the team.

OTBC

[/quote]i will always support the team....but ffs how long will this go on for????the board are surely to blame for the amount of non permenant transfers into CR

and totally agree with with on the GR front he has done exellent with very very little money

but imo its time for a change at the top.....to state the obvious we need new investment and direction....the club is going no were fast under the rains of delia and co

also the edp says we have a £10m wage bill? How????? it was only £7m when we got relegated and we don`t have any star players left?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''m giving them a hard time because they have walked at a really important/dangerous time for our club. At the moment, it looks to me, that we have no ability to pay back the loan. If they ask for it back, then it will force our club to do something drastic, either sell players or backroom staff, and who knows what else. Therefore if they were "fans" they would realise that now is not the time to recall their loan, and if they do, then I for one hope they never return to Carrow Road.[/quote]

Yep they have done what a lot on this site shouted "put up or get out"

They got out. Now perhaps all the abuse can stop.

Wasn''t there a post on here last night about a board room bust up?http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/2/1380547/ShowPost.aspx#1380547So the plot thickens.......something''s going on and it''s about damn time the fans were put in the picture for a chance. While I can only speculate, I would guess this will have something do with the following items of: Money, Transfers and Peter Cullum

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ncfcstar"]If they force Delia et al to pay that loan back, I for one hope they never set foot inside Carrow Road again...and if they have the gall to call themselves "fans" then they can go back to wherever they came from. I obviously hope this isn''t the case, but we clearly don''t have £2m to lose, so they had better leave us alone now.[/quote]

It''s a loan, kind of obvious to anyone with common sense that eventually they would want it paid back.
[/quote]

This was a concern raised with Doncaster at the time the loan was arranged.  He intimated at the time that it was more likely that it would be converted into shares like Delia had done.  It appears that might not now be the case.
[/quote]

As there were only 33,000 new shares authroised at the last AGM, there isn''t sufficent scope to cover that off at the moment.

I have to say that the Club''s statement at the moment is pathetic.

more than one person has told me that The Turners are Peter cullms people. and that all the Aviva signs around the stadium will say "Towergate" in 2 years. i was sceptical of this at first... however the person that told me has, on occasion, been right before with things they have said... (Hoolahan transfer, Gilkes leaving and Joe Lewis to Posh) so im inclined to believe they might be in the know again...

I dont speak to them often so cant check regularly... change is, however, a foot...

Remeber Cullum said "Delia is not for selling" he didnt say if the other directors werent though did he?!

jas :)

Personally I feel sick to my stomach, we had all better hope and pray that PC will still want to be the one to come back to CR with another offer.  If they demand their 2.5mill back, which as I gather they can legally do, then it doesn''t bode entirely well.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

statement on official site now

[/quote]http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1382568,00.html[/quote]well that was short....again the fans are kept in the dark...grrrrrr

[quote]more than one person has told me that The Turners are Peter cullms people. [/quote]

For the 2nd time, at the AGM Andrew Turner said he had never met Peter Cullum.  Surely this means that he is his own man in this scenario, rather than a trojan horse for a bloke he has never met ?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

statement on official site now

[/quote]http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1382568,00.html[/quote]well that was short....again the fans are kept in the dark...grrrrrr[/quote]

Thats our club for you

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]more than one person has told me that The Turners are Peter cullms people. [/quote]

For the 2nd time, at the AGM Andrew Turner said he had never met Peter Cullum.  Surely this means that he is his own man in this scenario, rather than a trojan horse for a bloke he has never met ?

[/quote]That''s just what he wanted you to think Blah.  You are so gullible.  It is patently obvious that Cullum and Andrew Turner are one and the same person.  Open your eyes man!

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Wasn''t there a post on here last night about a board room bust up?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/2/1380547/ShowPost.aspx#1380547

So the plot thickens.......something''s going on and it''s about damn time the fans were put in the picture for a chance. While I can only speculate, I would guess this will have something do with the following items of: Money, Transfers and Peter Cullum
[/quote]

Something smells wrong.The story about a bust up last night doesn''t tie in with the Turners'' statement that this was decided two weeks ago.I also fail to see where the idea of the Turner''s being Cullum''s stalking horse on the board comes from.I think we should be very afraid as they have every right to call the loan in,which makes what was achieved last night even more laudable.I suspect that the only good thing about this mess is that Cullum will finally have to reveal his true hand,but I fear the worst.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Wasn''t there a post on here last night about a board room bust up?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/2/1380547/ShowPost.aspx#1380547

So the plot thickens.......something''s going on and it''s about damn time the fans were put in the picture for a chance. While I can only speculate, I would guess this will have something do with the following items of: Money, Transfers and Peter Cullum
[/quote]

Something smells wrong.The story about a bust up last night doesn''t tie in with the Turners'' statement that this was decided two weeks ago.I also fail to see where the idea of the Turner''s being Cullum''s stalking horse on the board comes from.I think we should be very afraid as they have every right to call the loan in,which makes what was achieved last night even more laudable.I suspect that the only good thing about this mess is that Cullum will finally have to reveal his true hand,but I fear the worst.

[/quote]

What smells wrong?  Normally you are the one that''s level headed and thoughtful about these sorts of things.

I have to agree that I have that gut feeling when you know something nasty is going to happen, or maybe I just have wind again [:$]