Sign in to follow this  
NCFC since 1986

graham tweed???

Yes and lives in Norfolk ......

A fresh twist in the Carrow Road saga emerged today when another Norfolk businessman confirmed he was in talks about investing in a football club.

While Graham Tweed would not confirm the club in question was Norwich City, he has a company in Watton and a home at Saham Toney.

Father-of-two Mr Tweed, whose nephew Jack is the on-off boyfriend of Big Brother star Jade Goody, told the Evening News: “I am back for two weeks from America and I am talking to a football club.

“If people who run clubs are prepared to be a bit less stringent and more flexible to opening up grounds for other uses so the money is not just running down the drain then I might be interested.”

Mr Tweed runs Watton based Sabrefix Group, which makes steel construction products.

Norwich City Football Club said they would not comment on who they were or were not talking to.

This isn''t the bloke who beat up someone with a golf club is it, or is that a different boyfriend of Jade Goody?

If that is the case, the club would consider investment from the father of someone who beats up underage kids? Hmmm....

[quote user="ncfcstar"]This isn''t the bloke who beat up someone with a golf club is it, or is that a different boyfriend of Jade Goody? If that is the case, the club would consider investment from the father of someone who beats up underage kids? Hmmm....[/quote]

Uncle, and you can''t pick your family. Or who your family goes out with...

[quote user="ncfcstar"]This isn''t the bloke who beat up someone with a golf club is it, or is that a different boyfriend of Jade Goody? If that is the case, the club would consider investment from the father of someone who beats up underage kids? Hmmm....[/quote]

Jack Tweedy is Goody''s boyfriend and yes he has just been banged up for 18 months.

Oh my god! I know Graham Tweed (professionally not personally), i know his business is a success but i had no idea that it generated revenues on a large enough scale to invest on the levels that we need. I know he has business interests abroad, although i don''t know any details, im guessing that any forthcoming investment would have to come from there.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Oh my god! I know Graham Tweed (professionally not personally), i know his business is a success but i had no idea that it generated revenues on a large enough scale to invest on the levels that we need. I know he has business interests abroad, although i don''t know any details, im guessing that any forthcoming investment would have to come from there.[/quote]

Well this is fantastic news - we''re scratching around Norfolk for any small time businessman and begging investment, yet the Board are unable to meet a billionaire in person.

This is becoming an absolute farce.

Bill Kenwright has been speaking today about how Everton need a billionaire investor to secure their future - whilst I don;t like the way football is going it''s clear that you shoudn''t ignore what might be a once in a lifetime opportunity for massive investment. 

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Oh my god! I know Graham Tweed (professionally not personally), i know his business is a success but i had no idea that it generated revenues on a large enough scale to invest on the levels that we need. I know he has business interests abroad, although i don''t know any details, im guessing that any forthcoming investment would have to come from there.[/quote]

If D&M are looking for someone to replace the Turners and dripfeed investment to keep the club afloat and strengthen their hand against Peter Cullum, he could be in frame.  I certainly hope not, this situation needs to be concluded asap for the good of the club.  A long drawn out death by a thousand cuts is something I dread, and judging by the way they dealt with the Worthy situation I wouldn''t rule it out.

Calm down! I was not trying to say that Graham was a small time business man. What i was trying to say was that i am suprised to hear that his business''s generates the kind of money that would allow him to make the kind of investment we need, NOT that he couldn''t make it.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Calm down! I was not trying to say that Graham was a small time business man. What i was trying to say was that i am suprised to hear that his business''s generates the kind of money that would allow him to make the kind of investment we need, NOT that he couldn''t make it.[/quote]

Small time. Suits the current Board of NCFC then.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Calm down! I was not trying to say that Graham was a small time business man. What i was trying to say was that i am suprised to hear that his business''s generates the kind of money that would allow him to make the kind of investment we need, NOT that he couldn''t make it.[/quote]

Nor was I.  The Turners weren''t small time business people either.

Apologies for the confusion Strawb my old fruit (geddit?), but that was intended for Cullum Ave A Go who seems intent on taking my comments out of context for whatever reason. Unfortunately my computer isn''t working so i''m using my mobile and the quote function isn''t compatible with it''s browser. Once again, apologies for the confusion.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Apologies for the confusion Strawb my old fruit (geddit?), but that was intended for Cullum Ave A Go who seems intent on taking my comments out of context for whatever reason. Unfortunately my computer isn''t working so i''m using my mobile and the quote function isn''t compatible with it''s browser. Once again, apologies for the confusion.[/quote]

No problem Mr B.  The chances of getting wires crossed have multiplied tenfold since they stopped moderating this forum.

[quote user="Mellow_Yellow"]

Father-of-two Mr Tweed, whose nephew Jack is the on-off boyfriend of Big Brother star Jade Goody, told the Evening News: “I am back for two weeks from America and I am talking to a football club.“If people who run clubs are prepared to be a bit less stringent and more flexible to opening up grounds for other uses so the money is not just running down the drain then I might be interested.”

[/quote]AWESOME.Saturday - football matchSunday  - Steel Manufacturer''s conventionMonday - MONSTER TRUCKS EVENINGBring it on!

Perhaps he will introduce some of his Indian connections to NCFC...there''s plenty of money out there...plus a number of Aviva staff work in Bombay call centres don''t they?

Speculation on Radio Norfolk this morning that this guy may be one of the people the club are talking to? Also in last nights EEN I believe.

Anybody got any further insight into who he is and what may happen? 

[quote user="Tony Powells Redundant Tackle...."]

“If people who run clubs are prepared to be a bit less stringent and more flexible to opening up grounds for other uses so the money is not just running down the drain then I might be interested.”

[/quote]

which is exactly what Cullum wanted and the board turned down....

No chance for Mr Tweed then

jas :)

[quote user="Tony Powells Redundant Tackle...."]

[/quote]

No chance for Mr Tweed then... cant see the club agreeing to that

jas :)

The club again deny any contact from another, person looking at ways of helping the club.  yet a little check back into the records I found the following on the EEN. had the search engine etc been of use I could have gotten the full article. as it is this will have to do. So he has been mentioned before with regards to the club. I find it hard to believe that Tweed would make up a story, getting it on the Radio and in todays paper without there being some truth in it. he doesn''t have to, seemingly he has no axe to grind,  again I wonder if the club are simply telling Porkies

Uncle of Jade Goody''s boyfriend talking to City?

A fresh twist in the Carrow Road saga emerged today when another Norfolk millionaire

confirmed he was in talks about investing in a football club. While Graham Tweed

would not confirm the club in question was Norwich City, he has a company in

Watton and a home at Saham Toney.

05 September 2008

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED08%20May%202009%2010%3A09%3A09%3A243

However, a club spokesman said: “The club is not aware of any contact from Mr Tweed offering advice and/or asking for a meeting.

“We have had no contact whatsoever from anyone wanting to talk about potential Indian investment, nor from anybody on behalf of Indian investors.

“However, the club is always keen to hear from people with ideas about helping us to make money or wishing to discuss investment into Norwich City FC.

Even if this is true,it''s still a bad reflection on the board.If they are actively seeking investment,surely THEY should be contacting people like Mr Tweed.He is a Norfolk millionaire businessman,who lives about 20 miles from the football ground,and has good contacts in India & USA.

[quote user="NCFC since 1986"]who is this graham tweed fella the Evening News are talking about in relation to investment? is he a moneybags or just another poor millionaire?[/quote]

he was quoted he wanted to invest a while back! At this moment i would take investment from anywere!!

I actually met the guy the evening he was in the EDP. He did have a first meeting with the board. I met him in the Gatehouse pub as a close friend of his sings and plays Guitar in there sat nights. He did not speak highly Of Deliah, and when he got up sing he actaully asked if anyone fancied a game for norwich!! (not best scouting skills ha ha) I then added him on facebook and we spoke a few times and he was gutted that things did not go well with the club.