Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Transfer Window

I do not see any new face appearing at the club before the transfer

window closes(I hope I am wrong), I think now we have to go with what

we have. I do find it somewhat surprising that this close to the window

closing we are still without a new face as I am sure that were more than a few of candidates out there. I do understand that it would be

foolish to sign someone for the sake of it but please don''t tell me

that Iverson was the only right one?

[quote user="Eggy"]I do not see any new face appearing at the club before the transfer window closes(I hope I am wrong), I think now we have to go with what we have.
 I do find it somewhat surprising that this close to the window closing we are still without a new face as I am sure that were more than a few of candidates out there. I do understand that it would be foolish to sign someone for the sake of it but please don''t tell me that Iverson was the only right one?

[/quote]sadly i have to agree with you eggy...dont think we will see our NEW TARGET MAN in b4 the window closes(hope im wrong) imo GR will bring in another loanee until jan(when we will go 4 iverson again) and yes there isnt any point of just bringing any new face just to appease the fans....tuesday morning will bring all the answers

If we are guaranteed by Rosenborg to get Iversen confirmed in november when their season is over, so all the transfer details can go through in Jan then I will settle for a "plug the gap" loan :)

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]If we are guaranteed by Rosenborg to get Iversen confirmed in november when their season is over, so all the transfer details can go through in Jan then I will settle for a "plug the gap" loan :)[/quote]NAME THAT LOANEE????? lol

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Stokes is a possibility :) Ask Doncaster that question not me :)[/quote]stokes ummm not really a target man tho!!!better than curo tho lol

Just a thought, cant we loan Iversen once the Norwegian season finishes, until Jan, then buy him permanently then. that way we dont have to wait ''til Jan for him to play a game for us? of course providing he wants to come here, we can afford him..etc.yada yada yada...

This is a master plan, and I hope Glenn has twigged that the loan window closes in November, as does Rosenborg''s season!

When it comes to the last 2 or 3 games for Rosenborg and they are sitting mid table like they already are, they may let him go JUST before the end of their season in order to make it into the loan market in time... at least we can hope hey :)

When does the Norweigan league end? 23rd of November is the deadline for Championship to Conference leagues to loan in and out players :)

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]When does the Norweigan league end? 23rd of November is the deadline for Championship to Conference leagues to loan in and out players :)[/quote]

Norwegian Football Association
2008 Season
Day 26/26 - 02/11/2008

gotta love google [:)]

It all rests on the UEFA Cup still, Rosenborg end their season on the 2nd November, we can get loan players up until the 23rd, meaning loaning him then making it permanent in January is very much a possibility, and a realistic one considering Glenn''s chase for him!

However...

Rosenborg - Brøndby IF UEFA Cup Thursday 02/10/2008

After this I think the UEFA Cup continues in February meaning unless they get knocked out he won''t want to leave still, with his dream of European glory still intact...

However I doubt they will get far anyway, considering the club said they would sell him in January anyway, this doesn''t show much confidence in their UEFA Cup chances does it... especially considering the main reason they are keeping him is FOR that competition... they''re doomed in the league as it is, mid table and not getting anywhere :)

Roeder does not seem to be looking anywhere else at the moment, and seems resigned to finding a striker on the loan market. There is the advantage that the player will be sent back if and when we sign Iversen, or whoever.The big disadvantage of the loan market is the question about the quality we would get - a young and unproven player - we have Komor already, or a sixth choice? Neither option looks promising, given our situation.I hate to say it, but reading between the lines of some of GR''s recent comments, he has a restricted budget and the options open to him were someone like Iversen or else someone otherwise very cheaply priced, with the loan market the fall back. We can only hope that he has been working to get a loan player in between making phone calls to Norway!Anyone for Doc to lead the line when fit?

Glenn came out today and said he had enough money to get a good striker for us at this level.... and judginb by his targets he is aiming high, Shola, iversen... now the likes of Helguson are being fluttered around... Glenn is after no kiddy I don''t think, reading between the lines it also appears he has money to get in an experience front man, like Shola or Iversen... just is struggling to GET them at the minute for various reason...

Shola''s wages, injury problem, Iversen''s league not over yet, Helguson also injured at the minute I think...

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]It all rests on the UEFA Cup still, Rosenborg end their season on the 2nd November, we can get loan players up until the 23rd, meaning loaning him then making it permanent in January is very much a possibility, and a realistic one considering Glenn''s chase for him!

However...

Rosenborg - Brøndby IF UEFA Cup Thursday 02/10/2008

After this I think the UEFA Cup continues in February meaning unless they get knocked out he won''t want to leave still, with his dream of European glory still intact...

However I doubt they will get far anyway, considering the club said they would sell him in January anyway, this doesn''t show much confidence in their UEFA Cup chances does it... especially considering the main reason they are keeping him is FOR that competition... they''re doomed in the league as it is, mid table and not getting anywhere :)[/quote]

The main reason they are keeping him, is that Iversen is the only real target man they got. That new guy Berisha is rubbish! I predict they will beat Brondby easily and if they keep on playing like yesterday a top 3 position in the league is not impossible.

Was it Granty or Roeder or both who moaned about players wives influencing where they played? Wouldn''t it be ironic if Iversens wife demanded he moved to Norwich.....