Sign in to follow this  
renegade tootsie

2 points from 4 games?

If Birmingham turn on the power and over-run us tomorrow that will leave us on 2 points from a possible 12.Should we still be waiting for the elusive targetman and the possibility we might ''gell'' or are we showing the shape of our season already?

[quote user="JC"]If Birmingham turn on the power and over-run us tomorrow that will leave us on 2 points from a possible 12.

Should we still be waiting for the elusive targetman and the possibility we might ''gell'' or are we showing the shape of our season already?
[/quote]

Yeah but, if we get three points tomorrow.....That''s ''premonition'' form - and if we are poor all season, that''s ''relocation'' form.....to the 1st Division.

It''s far too early to tell yet. We''ve missed enough chances that it could of been 6 points from 3 games. Our defence is getting used to working as a unit and we can''t keep giving away penalties every game it will just take a little longer I feel. Then at the other end we''ve missed hatfulls of chances but at least we''re creating them. When we stop creating chances we''ll have cause to seriously worry. Let''s see where we are after 10-15 games before we really start thiking we''ll get relegated. Who knows by the time plymouth come along we could have a target man and he''d of had 2 weeks training with the team to get used to how GR wants to play.Davo

Davo, the truth which is what you have written will probably get spat all over from most on here... some are fickle and some expect instant results, but hey, we''re fans and that''s what fans do I guess :(

Our games haven''t exactly been the easiest of games to get points from... Coventry and Cardiff away are games you would take a point from, we did that at Cardiff and that''s probably the best we can achieve there. Coventry was the opening day, we couldn''t expect a win or a draw with the shear inexperience our team has playing together.

Blackpool we should have won, I must admit that game SHOULD have been better... other than that we''ve got 2 points 3 games when we should really have 4, not 6.

So far so good really, at least we haven''t lost them all like some clubs have. If we lost to Birmingham which we probably will tomorrow fans will get more annoyed and call for Glenn''s head even more, but we must be realistic when we look at the teams and venues we are playing our football at/against so far. Not easy...

[quote user="Davo"]It''s far too early to tell yet. We''ve missed enough chances that it could of been 6 points from 3 games. Our defence is getting used to working as a unit and we can''t keep giving away penalties every game it will just take a little longer I feel. Then at the other end we''ve missed hatfulls of chances but at least we''re creating them. When we stop creating chances we''ll have cause to seriously worry. Let''s see where we are after 10-15 games before we really start thiking we''ll get relegated. Who knows by the time plymouth come along we could have a target man and he''d of had 2 weeks training with the team to get used to how GR wants to play.

Davo
[/quote]

What a lot of C**P !!! All this ''it COULD have been'' rubbish. The facts and reality are that we only have 2 points and sit in 18th position just a few places from relegation. And to wait 10-15 games into a season to see where we are...well it will be far too late to do anything about it by then.

Where''s the ambition?

[quote user="Leftfootdad"]

[quote user="Davo"]It''s far too early to tell yet. We''ve missed enough chances that it could of been 6 points from 3 games. Our defence is getting used to working as a unit and we can''t keep giving away penalties every game it will just take a little longer I feel. Then at the other end we''ve missed hatfulls of chances but at least we''re creating them. When we stop creating chances we''ll have cause to seriously worry. Let''s see where we are after 10-15 games before we really start thiking we''ll get relegated. Who knows by the time plymouth come along we could have a target man and he''d of had 2 weeks training with the team to get used to how GR wants to play.Davo[/quote]

What a lot of C**P !!! All this ''it COULD have been'' rubbish. The facts and reality are that we only have 2 points and sit in 18th position just a few places from relegation. And to wait 10-15 games into a season to see where we are...well it will be far too late to do anything about it by then.

Where''s the ambition?

[/quote]I''m sure that''s exactly what Crystal Palace were thinking last season too............[8-)]

Like I said CC, some fans are fickle and expect instant results and when they don''t come will lose all faith and be negative for the sake of it :) However when the results come that most people know will eventually they will sure be there in the ground cheering them on loving it all...

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Like I said CC, some fans are fickle and expect instant results and when they don''t come will lose all faith and be negative for the sake of it :) However when the results come that most people know will eventually they will sure be there in the ground cheering them on loving it all...[/quote]Amen Brother! [Y]

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Like I said CC, some fans are fickle and expect instant results and when they don''t come will lose all faith and be negative for the sake of it :) However when the results come that most people know will eventually they will sure be there in the ground cheering them on loving it all...[/quote]

But as we all know, after three games it`s oh so easy to predict how we will finish after anothr 40 odd games isn`t it ??????[;)] [;)]

According to the majority... yes it is :) Thankfully I''m not part of this majority as I realize a new team takes time... 3 league games is not enough time :)

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Like I said CC, some fans are fickle and expect instant results and when they don''t come will lose all faith and be negative for the sake of it :) However when the results come that most people know will eventually they will sure be there in the ground cheering them on loving it all...[/quote]

But as we all know, after three games it`s oh so easy to predict how we will finish after anothr 40 odd games isn`t it ??????[;)] [;)]

[/quote]

Precisely.  The problem as I see it is that those predicting doom and gloom appear to insist they are right and the others are wrong, not even being willing to countenance that the alternative might be remotely possible. 

I''m afraid I simply don''t have such a pessimistic outlook.  Given that there''s 43 league games to go, 42 after tomorrow, absolutely nothing can be accurately predicted yet, be it positive or negative.  So far, I have been relatively pleased by the performances - we have had enough chances to have won 2 of the 3 games, but of course at the end of the day it all comes down to results.  It is no good being the better side if you keep losing.  Things could easily turn round for the better, but if we don''t get some wins under our belts soon the pressure will surely mount whether it is ''fair'' or not (our next 3 home games are, after all, against promotion favourites).