Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Scofcrroft linked!

Journeyman ex binner.................I would normally scream NO but in the present climate hmmmmmm we are desperate.

But if it is him and not a better player I will be VERY disheartened.

Do you really think he will want to join us??? I doubt it, even if this is true and not just thenormal paper talk I can''t see him wanting to play for us, it''s not as tho we are the only club in for him

So to recap, Crystal Palace cannot score for toffee and are looking for new forwards.  Yet they can let Scowcroft go and we are hanging around like a rabid dog for the scraps.  Has it come to this, picking up a player surplus to requirements at a club who cant score but still dont want him?Norwich City is becoming a F***** disgrace.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Would you forgive him for his past careeer and do you rate him?

Debate.

[/quote]

A case of the media adding 2 + 2 and making 5 for me. Theres probably several local medias over the country reporting that Scowcroft is ''linked'' with their club just because he is being released. Could be wrong though...And no idea if he is any good these days, not seen him play for a while.

Think thats just Archant running out of people to link us with. Thought Scowcroft was in talks with Bristol City?

Not for me thanks, even Warnock rates Alan Lee higher than Scowcroft.  Think it is all just paper talk probably, we used to get linked to him back in the Worthy days as I recall.

[quote user="JC"]So to recap, Crystal Palace cannot score for toffee and are looking for new forwards.  Yet they can let Scowcroft go and we are hanging around like a rabid dog for the scraps.  Has it come to this, picking up a player surplus to requirements at a club who cant score but still dont want him?

Norwich City is becoming a F***** disgrace.

[/quote]

Couldnt have put it any better myself. Does everyone see? It gets to the point where alot of fans actually want him to sogn because we are so desperate. The board win again.

[quote user="4-4-2"]Do you really think he will want to join us??? I doubt it, even if this is true and not just thenormal paper talk I can''t see him wanting to play for us, it''s not as tho we are the only club in for him[/quote]

I have met Scowcroft a few times. He seems a nice quiet sort of fella. He has a house in Stanton near Diss still I think. He used to be muckers with Darren Eadie. I don''t think he''d have a problem with us.

Having said that he''s crap.

He is crap, and if we sign him i think that will be the last straw for me, if thats the sort of player we are after then god help us.

I always thought he was overrated even when he was worth £3m. Given his previous connections, I''d be disgusted if he turned out to be our new target man. Glenn has known since April that we needed a big man in the squad, and if we end up with Scowcroft I''ll be really bloody angry. Just not good enough.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Would you forgive him for his past careeer and do you rate him?

Debate.

[/quote]

Now Arto , you lovely old boy I don''t think anyone is going to scoff at you ....[;)]....arrdee.