Sign in to follow this  
Reading Canary

Roy Waller - Ask Doncaster The Question We All want To Know

So for once Radio Norfolk have the guts to ask direct questions of Mr Doomcaster live on radio before tomorrows match . Like , why when you knew that Huckerby , Dublin and Brown were being turfed out of Carrow Road  in April did you not have any replacements lined up - and why 4 games into the season and 4 months later are we still without a striker ? Why has this been allowed to happen ?

You won''t get him on that one Reading Canary. He would probably tell you that they gave the manager a budget and he has already brought in at least 10 new players.

And that would be right I guess. I can''t believe that the board would have told Roeder "on no account spend the money on a replacement for Dublin."  

only one question that needs to be asked - given that it''s a key part of your role to attract new investment to the club do you think you are competent to continue in your role as CEO?

Or "Do you not think it would have been Prudent to have had a face to face meeting with a Billionaire who wanted to invest in the club, rather than giving him the brush off on the phone when you knew that the clubs finances were no where near capable of backing the managers re-building of the squad, leaving our chances for the season severely compromised?"

I think it''s appropriate to ask the following questions:

1. Do you think the Norwich Board are providing adequate funds over the past three seasons to put a team on the pitch that can at least challenge for a playoff position in this division? If he answers in the affirmative then ask;
  2. Given that we have failed to achieve that target and, we have now given three different managers the opportunity to pursue that opportunity, is it time for Mr. Doncaster to step aside and give another CEO an opportunity to achieve the goal. If he says we need to give Mr. Roeder time to achieve the target then ask:
  3. Is that time period until the end of this season and, if the target is still not achieved, then is Mr. Doncaster prepared to step aside because he has clearly stated the Board is providing adequate funds and clearly we cannot place and end the blame on three different managers. 

The chances of Roy Waller recognising Doncaster, let alone asking him a pertinent question, are fairly slim. He''ll probably be wandering around the North, trying to interview Doncaster.

Does he think Nicola (the ginger one) out of Girls Aloud, (and who was once always hidden at the back on videos and the GA gigs), is now quite fit?

I think she is.......and Cheryl Cole is so pretty, but just looks so sad, seems to force her smiles on X Factor......Poor Lass. Bit too skinny.

Does Donny have any Girl band autographs, Sugababes etc? I like ''em all in the ''babes'', especially the Blondie lass....until she opens her gob....Sounds like a right scally scouser...shame. I also fancied Mutyah, and was most upset when she left.

Is Donny a 3 Star general in the Eventguard battalion, and does he get to drive a Tank as well as an armoured car (the one that carries his salary to the bank)?

Is it his real hair? Or are there really hedgehogs with raven coloured spikes?

Why doesn''t he go to ''Optical Revolution'' or ''Specsaver''s'' and get some designer specs, his gogs look so dated, perhaps he thinks they''re ''retro''?....

Does he have to wear an oven glove, and tape a piece of asbestos blanket onto his ear - as his phone is so hot, hot, HOT?

That''s about it really.....Can someone ask my questions by proxy for me? I''ll be off to the game and won''t have time to do it.....They''re pretty sensible questions, not ''unhelpful'' and will be well received by him. Cheers Donny! Keep up the good work! Mello.....[8-|]

How about;

"Mr Doncaster, you get paid an awful lot of money compared to some of the supporters that frequent NCFC, how much of this wage do you count as "danger money" for having to put up with the childish, unfounded vitriol that some of the pinkun Forum users spout about you?"

[quote user="bunny"]bunny[/quote]

there is a Bunny that posts here too... he doesnt have an avatar which makes it easier to tell posts apart

jas :)

[quote user="bunny"]

How about;

"Mr Doncaster, you get paid an awful lot of money compared to some of the supporters that frequent NCFC, how much of this wage do you count as "danger money" for having to put up with the childish, unfounded vitriol that some of the pinkun Forum users spout about you?"

[/quote]

I actually think you''re a club ''Guinea Pig'' and not a real bunny.......Could also be one of Donny''s weasels.....?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Is that time period until the end of this season and, if the target is still not achieved, then is Mr. Doncaster prepared to step aside because he has clearly stated the Board is providing adequate funds and clearly we cannot place and end the blame on three different managers. 

[/quote]

Are you feeling ok Yankee Canary? I almost fell out of my chair when I read your post above. LOL!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

1. Do you think the Norwich Board are providing adequate funds over the past three seasons to put a team on the pitch that can at least challenge for a playoff position in this division? If he answers in the affirmative then ask;

2. Given that we have failed to achieve that target and, we have now given three different managers the opportunity to pursue that opportunity, is it time for Mr. Doncaster to step aside and give another CEO an opportunity to achieve the goal. If he says we need to give Mr. Roeder time to achieve the target then ask:

3. Is that time period until the end of this season and, if the target is still not achieved, then is Mr. Doncaster prepared to step aside because he has clearly stated the Board is providing adequate funds and clearly we cannot place and end the blame on three different managers. 

[/quote]

Canary Nut responded with: ( Quote ) 

Are you feeling ok Yankee Canary? I almost fell out of my chair when I read your post above. LOL! ( Quote )

Canary Nut, forgive me for re-inserting my whole point again rather than the piece you chose to extract.

It is appropriate to ask pertinent and intelligent questions of the individual who, among other things, has the responsibility to handle negotiations to acquire the talent we need to achieve a target of a top six position, as opposed to hurling accusations at the majority shareholders that are based upon speculation. There is nothing rude or uncivilised in such an approach and something that ALL fans could support.

Of course, I see all kinds of posts indicating contact between individuals and Mr. Doncaster. I also hear Neil Doncaster being interviewed from time to time as well as read Neil''s column. If the direct approach I have suggested has been covered then I must have missed it. This thread asked for suggested input. I provided it. 

[quote user="always shit on the old blue and white"] bloody yanks
[/quote]

It''s ironic that, for many, the intelligence level of Americans is so often under attack, with sources such as yourself that include manure feed in your name. 

[quote user="Reading Canary"]So for once Radio Norfolk have the guts to ask direct questions of Mr Doomcaster live on radio before tomorrows match . Like , why when you knew that Huckerby , Dublin and Brown were being turfed out of Carrow Road  in April did you not have any replacements lined up - and why 4 games into the season and 4 months later are we still without a striker ? Why has this been allowed to happen ?[/quote]

"YAWN"

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Canary Nut responded with: ( Quote ) 

Are you feeling ok Yankee Canary? I almost fell out of my chair when I read your post above. LOL! ( Quote )

Canary Nut, forgive me for re-inserting my whole point again rather than the piece you chose to extract.

It is appropriate to ask pertinent and intelligent questions of the individual who, among other things, has the responsibility to handle negotiations to acquire the talent we need to achieve a target of a top six position, as opposed to hurling accusations at the majority shareholders that are based upon speculation. There is nothing rude or uncivilised in such an approach and something that ALL fans could support.

Of course, I see all kinds of posts indicating contact between individuals and Mr. Doncaster. I also hear Neil Doncaster being interviewed from time to time as well as read Neil''s column. If the direct approach I have suggested has been covered then I must have missed it. This thread asked for suggested input. I provided it. 

[/quote]

Q: Paul Riches

"Neil, realistically does the Board feel that we could sustain

Premiership football if we were to go up given our current structure?

i.e We do not have a sugar daddy willing to throw mega-bucks away with

no realistic chance of a return."

Neil: "Thanks for your question, Paul. Delia and Michael''s

generosity to Norwich City is already stretches to many millions of

pounds. It''s that kind of support, plus the financial contributions

from Michael Foulger and the Turners, and the tremendous loyalty and

financial support of Norwich City''s supporters, which gives us a

realistic opportunity to sustain Premier League membership when we

return to the Premiership, in my opinion."

Q: Dan Salahuddin

"We want assurances that replacements for Etuhu and potentially

Safri will be purchased immediately. We also would like to know if

figures around the £5m mark are available for team strengthening and if

not, why not?"

Neil: "I cannot give such assurances. The way the Club

operates is that the Board set the manager''s budget, the manager

identifies the players he wants within that budget and myself and the

Club Secretary, Kevan Platt, negotiate and document the transfer within

the parameters agreed with the manager and the Board. Youssef Safri

remains a Norwich City player. As to your £5m figure, this does not

take into account the transfers in of David Strihavka, David Marshall,

Julien Brellier, Matthew Gilks, Jon Otsemobor and Jamie Cureton, all of

whom have a significant cost in terms of wages, agents fees and, in

some cases, substantial transfer fees. We are all totally focussed on

generating as much money as we can from off the field activities in

order to give Peter the maximum possible budget to achieve his and our

ambitions on the pitch. Some money remains available, but you know that

putting in the public domain exactly how much this is can only be

contrary to our best interests when dealing with other clubs. We are

working very hard as I write to bring in further new players."

1) That''s a yes, he even thinks we''ll be competitive in the Prem due to Delias generosity

Q''s 2 & 3)Q: John Gordon-Saker

"The five-year plan failed; you failed to strengthen the team in

any of the previous two close seasons; the squad is now smaller than

last season; you have failed to keep two key members of the squad; you

have de-motivated our star player and he has openly criticised your

strategy. You and Roger Munby have overseen three years of decline in

the Club''s core product - in any other business you would have been

sacked. You may have listened and expected plaudits for doing so. But

you have failed to act at critical times and wasted opportunity after

opportunity. Is it not time for you both to resign and let others make

a difference?"

Neil: "Good to hear from you again, John. This season''s squad is

larger than last year''s and we hope to add further to it over the

coming weeks. Two members of the squad have chosen, against our wishes,

to leave us and join the Premier League. Darren Huckerby has expressed

his frustration, and ours, at the loss of Earnie and Dickson, but I

don''t think it''s fair or accurate to say that he has been critical of

the Board. I do not expect any plaudits for listening to supporters

concerns - that is something which is at the heart of how we believe a

football club should be run."

Guess that''s a ''no'' then..........[:(]Still worth it for the priceless opening to JGS''s question.Oh expect someone will accuse me of making this up to suit so here''s the link.LINK

Roedy, I reviewed the link you provided and I accept that the answers Neil provides makes him appear to be more "slippery" than Bill Clinton. If this is the belief of many then it is surprising that so many engage him on the issues. However, having listened to the responses of many of Neil''s peers at other clubs, I believe it is the nature of the business. 

How do you feel about this question:

"Neil, when the Peter Cullum issue last emerged, members of NCFC met with members of the Supporters Consultative Group. We understood from input from those that attended that meeting on behalf of that group that they were asked to treat what was discussed in a totally confidential manner. Given that some time has now passsed, how can you and other senior members of NCFC, in all good conscience, not share that same information with the faithful supporters who turn up at the ground every week to provide their loyal support?"