Sign in to follow this  
bassisbest

Shacks at Wolves!!!

[quote user="bass is best"]anyone hear on Norfolk, Shackell was today talking to Wolves. Could mean lots of money for target man!!!![/quote]

...................or some improvements in the restaurant

Odd comment Alex. I''ve got to say Wolves must surely be up a creek if they are looking to sign an unaccomplished defender. I seem to remember that the fee mentioned during the summer is 1 million. Have got to say this one looks like good business for City. Not often you can say that. I am also led to believe that Andy Keogh could be heading this way as part of the deal. Not overly prolific, but he''s considerably bigger than the midget strike force we have currently.

[quote user="bass is best"]anyone hear on Norfolk, Shackell was today talking to Wolves. Could mean lots of money for target man!!!![/quote]if he has funds already...could mean 2 strikers coming in......or....god forbid enough to bid for ameobi(dont rate him at £2mil +

Roeder has confirmed on the official website that an offer has been accepted for Shackell.  Looks like we''re in need of some quick funds...

[quote user="TheboyMark"]Roeder has confirmed on the official website that an offer has been accepted for Shackell.  Looks like we''re in need of some quick funds...[/quote]good businees for ncfc...we turned down £1mil bid...so could be a bit more £1.2mil  maybe....GR NOW GO GET IVERSON

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Odd comment Alex. I''ve got to say Wolves must surely be up a creek if they are looking to sign an unaccomplished defender. I seem to remember that the fee mentioned during the summer is 1 million. Have got to say this one looks like good business for City. Not often you can say that. I am also led to believe that Andy Keogh could be heading this way as part of the deal. Not overly prolific, but he''s considerably bigger than the midget strike force we have currently.
[/quote]

What I mean by it is I can''t imagine we''d have got all that much for him, and I doubt for one minute we are selling him to finance the deal for a new player.

huh? how does that make sense, and i''m afraid football transfers aren''t that simple...who knows whether the rumoured £1mill is all upfront or installements, the board will probably let roeder have about 75% of the money to spend again plus roeder said he would bring in another defender if he leaves (dont quite know why when we have the greek myth and doherty when he returns) but we have about 750k to spend on a striker i say

i expect wolves will offer the money depending on appearences/promotion.. and if Schaks gets found out we wont get that money as he will be moved on!

jas :)

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

[quote user="bass is best"]anyone hear on Norfolk, Shackell was today talking to Wolves. Could mean lots of money for target man!!!![/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on DCA... [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

[/quote]

Spot on DCA... [Y]

[/quote]

Didnt Roeder say the money would be spent on bringing in another centre back? If so, it all seems a rather pointless excercise to me? Shackell is def good enough to warm the bench. We should all know by now that whatever we recieve for Shack will be undisclosed. And whatever figure that is, only a small percentage will go back into the team.

I think that if we did sell Shackell, the arrival a permenent striker come Monday would be almost a certainty. Helguson didnt make an appearance today for Bolton, maybe the board will surprise us but Im not holding my breathe.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

[/quote]

Spot on DCA... [Y]

[/quote]

Didnt Roeder say the money would be spent on bringing in another centre back? If so, it all seems a rather pointless excercise to me? Shackell is def good enough to warm the bench. We should all know by now that whatever we recieve for Shack will be undisclosed. And whatever figure that is, only a small percentage will go back into the team.

I think that if we did sell Shackell, the arrival a permenent striker come Monday would be almost a certainty. Helguson didnt make an appearance today for Bolton, maybe the board will surprise us but Im not holding my breathe.

[/quote]

Agreed, TCF!

I thought exactly this - if you''re just going to recruit another centre half, why bother accepting the offer? Shackell is more than good enough for backup and like you say, we''ll never know how much we get for him and if it will make the difference. Striker is surely a priority, we have Mr Archibald Henville waiting in the wings and Doherty to come back yet.

Some people seem to be getting excited that this will lead to the promised striker at last. Is it just me or do we not have every right to expect the Board to actually have a transfer budget in place for this striker, rather than relying on player sales yet again?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Some people seem to be getting excited that this will lead to the promised striker at last. Is it just me or do we not have every right to expect the Board to actually have a transfer budget in place for this striker, rather than relying on player sales yet again?

[/quote]

I''m not sure - he''s certainly not in Roeders plans this season - If we sell him and sign Kennedy with the money, I would be happy.

[/quote]

Doesn''t bother me that we''re relying on player sales when we''re selling the likes of Jason Shackell for 1m plus......what a huge fee for a very average player.

[/quote]on past performance, i smell donny''s black hole is implicated here!!!lets not get carried away, hoping shax''s sale money will ALL go into roedy''s budget,,,be great if it did though><?

that good news ie cash wise!!! my be we will have 2millon to spend if shacks goes. my bet is scrowcroft wat do u lot think? velocanaryherts!!!! 

I''m not sure of the reported fee but the £1m reported earlier in the summer would be good value. My only question would be what we wuld do when Kennedy returns to Celtic or either center back gets injured. If we sell I hope Roeder has a cheap replacement lined up.

I think it would be a good sale if he does go for decent money. Shackell has said he does not want to stay (not publicly) and was not happy that the initial offer was turned down to try and get as much money as possible for him. I think he is a decent defender but if we get good money for a player who does not want to stay then that is quality.

Source : A family member who is close enough to get an invite to his wedding.

i think we should do a deal buy 1 get 1 free!!

1.5 for shackell and get doherty for free!!!

sale of the season!!

lol this is what the lot was saying lower barclay = funny!!

What it really means is that the bunch of bankers running NCFC pocket more money and then feed us more bullshit bout how they tried hard to buy players'' without success, but never mind the money WILL be there for GLEN in January to strengthen the squad. Bunch of bankers.