Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

when does the window close

Normally, it''s midnight on the 31st August. However, this year there is a 24 hour extension because today is a Sunday.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

its midnight tonight isnt it?

jas :)

[/quote]

No mate,its midnight tomorrow,because of the problems caused by having it on a Sunday.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

its midnight tonight isnt it?

jas :)

[/quote]Been moved to tomorrow Jas, a days extension due to sunday-related reasoning. The fun will commence around midday [:)]

i''m sure we can still sign loan players after the window closes. i think whoever we sign it''ll be loan players, which in my opinion isn''t great as we already have 6 loans !

i also think we might see a couple move on, possibly shackell and lappin  

I believe there''s a 1 week gap between when the transfer window closes and when ''emergency'' loans can be made. This may have changed now, but that was certainly the case last season.

Premier League and SPL clubs have until midnight on Monday, 1 September to sign players.

English Football League clubs have the same deadline for full transfers, but not for loans.

After midnight on 1 September, Premier League and SPL clubs cannot sign any players, on loan or full transfers, until the next transfer window opens on 1 January. This window will stay open until midnight on Monday, 1 February.

Clubs in the Football League can sign players on loan outside of the transfer windows, following a seven-day period after the transfer window closes.

Outside of the transfer windows, any club may still sign players on an emergency basis (such as if they had no goalkeepers available) with the permission of their competition''s governing body, ie the Premier League.

Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they are unattached free agents when the window closes.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Admit it Pete, you have been cutting and pasting [;)][/quote]

Saves others having to go elsewhere. Always happy to help....

Something people may not have realised is that, because of the international break, we don''t necessarily need to sign anyone tomorrow in order for us to have new players here in time for the Plymouth game, but in that case they would have to be on loan.

pete does the 5 loan players in a starting 16 rule still apply?

we obviously allready have 6 loan players, how the hell can roeder consider getting in another 1 or 2 in?

[quote user="FUEL ROX"]

pete does the 5 loan players in a starting 16 rule still apply?

we obviously allready have 6 loan players, how the hell can roeder consider getting in another 1 or 2 in?

[/quote]

It does, although naming 6 in a squad only gets you a £2,000 fine....

I''ve never heard anybody have a good word for the Transfer windows as they are now. What was wrong with the way it used to be. Those days, the only Transfer Window was from the end of March til the end of season. What is the benefit of the way it''s conducted now ?

It doesn''t help the big clubs, and sure as hill doesn''t help the small clubs. So why did they change it ?

As far as I know it doesn''t really matter all that much. You can get a player in "on loan" and then sign him on January 1st - like we did with Etuhu from memory. This is still allowed isn''t it?

If it is the case, we shouldn''t be too morose if we haven''t signed someone by the close of play tomorrow.