Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

Now, how true this is I can't be sure....but

I know a lot of you hate this kind of rumour or speculation, but I will post it, then be prepared for the torrent of abuse.

I have a friend who is a lifelong Spurs supporter and season ticket holder and the guy he sits next to has known Iversen for some years.

They meet up for a beer before todays game (Chelsea v Spurs) and got talking about the past, Iversen came up in the conversation.

My mates friend then said he was seeing him this week as he is going to be in England.

At that point he rings me to tell me this, mainly because he knows how much I want Iversen here, could be nothing, but who knows.

Ok I have my tin hat on now...........Incoming fire!

There may be something to this. As i mentioned on a different thread this morning, rumour has it that the reason Iversen is not already wearing a yellow shirt is that we couldn''t meet his £12k a week wage demands. With Shacks heading off to Wolves (one of a few left from our Prem season) it may be that we can now bring him in. Id love to see it, he''s in fine form at the moment.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]There may be something to this. As i mentioned on a different thread this morning, rumour has it that the reason Iversen is not already wearing a yellow shirt is that we couldn''t meet his £12k a week wage demands. With Shacks heading off to Wolves (one of a few left from our Prem season) it may be that we can now bring him in. Id love to see it, he''s in fine form at the moment.[/quote]

Perm any one, two or all three from three;

1, Rosenberg have put the price up since the initial deal was struck.

2, Rosenberg don''t want to let their star striker go and are going back on their promise.

3, His wage demand is too high.

Does anyone know what''s really going on?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]There may be something to this. As i mentioned on a different thread this morning, rumour has it that the reason Iversen is not already wearing a yellow shirt is that we couldn''t meet his £12k a week wage demands. With Shacks heading off to Wolves (one of a few left from our Prem season) it may be that we can now bring him in. Id love to see it, he''s in fine form at the moment.[/quote]

I just text my mate to see if he can find out when Iversen is coming over, because if it isn''t today or Monday then its no good to us

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]There may be something to this. As i mentioned on a different thread this morning, rumour has it that the reason Iversen is not already wearing a yellow shirt is that we couldn''t meet his £12k a week wage demands. With Shacks heading off to Wolves (one of a few left from our Prem season) it may be that we can now bring him in. Id love to see it, he''s in fine form at the moment.[/quote]if he is the final bit of the jigsaw...surely we can match his £12k a week....not mega wages if its the man we want???

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]He could still join us on loan after monday then sign permanently in January.[/quote]

Has anyone considered the possibility that the "stumbling block" may be that we actually want him on loan to see if he can do the business before going after a permanent deal in January. Of course, that approach also contains risks.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]He could still join us on loan after monday then sign permanently in January.[/quote]

Rosenborg have a game tonight, so I am told, if Iversen plays we can forget him coming to us on Monday, if he doesn''t play its game on ( don''t be surprised if he is "injured" for tonights game).

He is seeing him on Wednesday but doesn''t know when he is coming over here

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Has anyone considered the possibility that the "stumbling block" may be that we actually want him on loan to see if he can do the business before going after a permanent deal in January. Of course, that approach also contains risks.

[/quote]

Well lets hope he does a Robhino, as it looks like if a player really wants out they always get their own way in the end

[/quote

Your not serious are you?

Iversen will do the business in the Championship and if a club in our league tried to take him on loan to see if he could do the business, i think he would be very insulted and tell the club where to go.

31/8Rosenborg - VÃ¥lerengaLeague20:00

Will Iverson play?????

This was on their website.

Iversen transfer in January?
By Thomas Myren, 26 August 2008, 09:09

Rosenborg are open to sell Steffen Iversen after the season.

Norwich interest for Iversen (12/08/08)

Norwich have been chasing Iversen this summer.

"We are not going to sell Steffen. He is the best striker we have and we have not found a replacement for him, therefore we cannot sell him. We can''t sell him in the middle of the season," director of sports Erik Hoftun told Eastern Daily Press.

But in January a new striker might be in place, and Iversen might be sold.

"We can talk again at the end of our season. That is what I have told Norwich. Maybe we will be prepared to sell him then," Hoftun said.

But then the English club has to improved the initial bid.

“It is not enough. Don''t forget, Steffen is a national team player and one of the top scorers in the Norwegian league. They have to offer more," Erik Hoftun stated.

[quote user="Be Smart "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Well lets hope he does a Robhino, as it looks like if a player really wants out they always get their own way in the end

[/quote]

I think that you can forget him in this window,but be pretty confident that he''ll be here in January.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

[/quote

Iversen will do the business in the Championship and if a club in our league tried to take him on loan to see if he could do the business, i think he would be very insulted and tell the club where to go.

[/quote]

With respect, you have not thought through your reply very well. There are always three sides to an acquisition, the two clubs and the player. The players objective is to ensure he gets the best pay he can for as long as he can. In this case the player may well want to come back to England but Norwich may not be his first choice or best payer. If, on the other hand, he is confident he can showcase his prowess for a few months and then see what is on offer in January this may well suit him. His current club may have less interest in this because they would be more interested in cash now, and also probably would not want to run the risk of injury if they intend to move him in January anyway.

Norwich, on the other hand, would not be the first or the last club to risk putting out a fairly significant sum on a transfer only to find the player does not fit into the style or culture of our team. If you scratch your head, you will probably be able to recall many situations where this has been the case (Shevchenko was a classic example ). Personally, from what I remember of watching him play a few times, I hope we sign him. I was simply postulating another view as to why things may have not gone smoothly to date.  

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

[/quote

[/quote]

With respect, you have not thought through your reply very well. There are always three sides to an acquisition, the two clubs and the player. The players objective is to ensure he gets the best pay he can for as long as he can. In this case the player may well want to come back to England but Norwich may not be his first choice or best payer. If, on the other hand, he is confident he can showcase his prowess for a few months and then see what is on offer in January this may well suit him. His current club may have less interest in this because they would be more interested in cash now, and also probably would not want to run the risk of injury if they intend to move him in January anyway.

Norwich, on the other hand, would not be the first or the last club to risk putting out a fairly significant sum on a transfer only to find the player does not fit into the style or culture of our team. If you scratch your head, you will probably be able to recall many situations where this has been the case (Shevchenko was a classic example ). Personally, from what I remember of watching him play a few times, I hope we sign him. I was simply postulating another view as to why things may have not gone smoothly to date.  

[/quote]

Yes, i see your point, but Iversen has played in England for Spurs and Wolves so he knows the culture, game and language. He is not a "Dave Striker" type of foreign signing who  was much more of a gamble.

Iversen and Norwich will have a pretty good idea of what they will be getting.

I guess time will tell us on this one; one thing I can''t believe is that the reason we''ve not got him here already is because we can''t meet his wage demands.  The simple fact is that whether or not we can is a moot point if his club refuse to sell. 

''Elloooo...

Interesting info about Iverson, but looking increasingly unlikely that he''ll be here this window... I heard a rumour yesterday that the Shackell deal would involve Keogh heading our way which would be handy, but its all smoke and mirrors at the minute! Been away from it all for over a week and still nothing! At least come midnight tomorrow we''ll know for sure what''s happening with regards to our front line...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

''Elloooo...

Interesting info about Iverson, but looking increasingly unlikely that he''ll be here this window... I heard a rumour yesterday that the Shackell deal would involve Keogh heading our way which would be handy, but its all smoke and mirrors at the minute! Been away from it all for over a week and still nothing! At least come midnight tomorrow we''ll know for sure what''s happening with regards to our front line...

[/quote]

Welcome back EM.Good holiday?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Welcome back EM.Good holiday?

[/quote]

Absolutely cracking cheers mate... went up to the Lakes, weather was horrible but didn''t stop us doing anything and the girls had a great time - they even rowed a boat and walked up their first fell aged 5 so hopefully they''ve got the bug! [:D] Who needs overseas holidays, I say...

Got a few more days off work to recover though lol! Will be annoying the missus tomorrow by checking on here every chance I get and when I can''t I''ll be using the ole mobile interweb... [:)]