Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

ANDREW KEOGH

He also cost Wolves 600k. So I doubt they value him at 500k. They''d probably want at least 800k for him maybe even up to a million as he is still in their plans.

Hi guys, Wolves fan in peace. I see you''ve got a few here and you''re not too fond of the fact so I''ll keep this fairly shrort ;)

There really is no chance of Keogh going to you, McCarthy said just a few weeks ago ''I love Andy to bits''. He is in fact one of his favourites. We signed him January 2007 and he was brilliant for the rest of that season, a very intelligent footballer. He''s lost his confidence and even with us playing well he doesn''t seem to have regained it. With Iwelumo and SEB on fire, he can''t get back in the team but he''s still very much involved.

Contrary to popular opinion we don''t have that many strikers. Elliott is leaving (thankfully) which means we have four.

As for the Shackell signing (sorry if this is a little off topic) we''re generally pleased as we''re crying out for a centre half and I remember him being highly rated a few years ago. Perhaps he''s gone a bit stale but hopefully he can recapture that form.

Cheers.

Yer good call, the only way i can see keogh leaving is if theres big money involved, as he gets o the bench every game. not anywhere near the figures mentioned on here. Unlike Cameron Jerome ;)

[quote user="WWFC"]

Hi guys, Wolves fan in peace. I see you''ve got a few here and you''re not too fond of the fact so I''ll keep this fairly shrort ;)

There really is no chance of Keogh going to you, McCarthy said just a few weeks ago ''I love Andy to bits''. He is in fact one of his favourites. We signed him January 2007 and he was brilliant for the rest of that season, a very intelligent footballer. He''s lost his confidence and even with us playing well he doesn''t seem to have regained it. With Iwelumo and SEB on fire, he can''t get back in the team but he''s still very much involved.

Contrary to popular opinion we don''t have that many strikers. Elliott is leaving (thankfully) which means we have four.

As for the Shackell signing (sorry if this is a little off topic) we''re generally pleased as we''re crying out for a centre half and I remember him being highly rated a few years ago. Perhaps he''s gone a bit stale but hopefully he can recapture that form.

Cheers.

[/quote]

Keith Shackell is really really really really good. We''re just gutted he is only going for £1m. He is worth alot more than that imo.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]

Ok guys, i dont post a huge amount and when i do its usually when irritated by some foolish comments, i have looked on whilst the Ameobi stuff has flown about, checking every rumour with feverish excitement only to be gutted when some loony posts utter lies.

However a friend of mine who is usually very consistant with his facts texted me excitedly yesterday with news that Shackell is going to Wolves, with Keogh and 500,000 coming to us , not a bad deal i thought, but also a striker from Rangers is coming, no idea who, possibly only a loan but may become permanent. Could it be Boyd? not sure if he is still there.

I know these postings are followed by much abuse, cant say for certain these are going to come off but the last three things he has told me have happened, so i thought i would share.

[/quote] John fleck ??????????

[quote user="Badger"]What sort of striker is Keogh?[/quote]Not 100%. But I remember the BBC having an article about him, talking about how he is prolific in the assists column.

Boyd was absent from the Rangers squad for the Old Firm game today. Yes, so was Gow, but Boyd is usually at least in the squad. Gow hasnt played in a good long while so thats nothing out of the ordinary.

[quote user="bunny"]Kris Boyd? Isn''t his average close to a goal a game? Why would he come here even on loan?[/quote]I was going to say, he is a £5m+ striker, never going to come to Norwich when he is probably Rangers best striker!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Fair enough although if this was on the cards it seems a bit strange that Keogh came on as a sub for Wolves yesterday. I would have thought he, like Shacks, would have been left out and be having talks with us.

Keogh is an all action type striker who when at Scunny was credited with doing a lot of the legwork that enabled Billy Sharp to score so many. He''s not proflific though and he''s not a traditional target man type player. More the sort who runs all day and sets a lot of chances up for others.

[/quote]Sounds like Chris Brown. If he comes here he''d better be prepared for plenty of whinging in this board, no matter how many assists he makes.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Nearly went to Cardiff a few wks ago in a 2 million deal, Why not us?[/quote]

Are your figures right? Cardiff had a £2.5m bid rejected in late June, have not heard anything since.

[quote user="Lappin = Ronaldinho"]

hought keogh was a really good player

am i thinking of another wolves player?

My guess is your thinking of Michael Kightly