Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

ANDREW KEOGH

This players name cropped up on radio commentary with Shackell going in other direction [ young Irish striker ] he is over 6ft nothing official but apparently rumour even heard by Adams so may be some truth , just don''t shoot the messenger if bull ? 

He played today for Wolves. Would be unusual for Shackell to be discussing terms on a match day and Keogh playing if he were going the other way. That said, he would be an excellent signing. Not convinced we need to sign a striker. Although we shouldn''t rely on Rusty too much, what a fantastic job he''s doing. 5 goals in his last 4 games at Carrow Road, good work.

i bought you this rumour 2weeks ago, and said the deal could be done with a striker coming in exchange? maybe stephen elliot?

[quote user="billy bunter"]i bought you this rumour 2weeks ago, and said the deal could be done with a striker coming in exchange? maybe stephen elliot?[/quote]

medal?

[quote user="OTBC"]He played today for Wolves. Would be unusual for Shackell to be discussing terms on a match day and Keogh playing if he were going the other way. That said, he would be an excellent signing. Not convinced we need to sign a striker. Although we shouldn''t rely on Rusty too much, what a fantastic job he''s doing. 5 goals in his last 4 games at Carrow Road, good work.
[/quote]

Not convinced we need to sign a striker??? WTF lol

And what happens god forbid if we get a couple of injuries say to Rusty and Lupo?? 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="OTBC"]He played today for Wolves. Would be unusual for Shackell to be discussing terms on a match day and Keogh playing if he were going the other way. That said, he would be an excellent signing. Not convinced we need to sign a striker. Although we shouldn''t rely on Rusty too much, what a fantastic job he''s doing. 5 goals in his last 4 games at Carrow Road, good work.[/quote]

Not convinced we need to sign a striker??? WTF lol

And what happens god forbid if we get a couple of injuries say to Rusty and Lupo?? 

[/quote]Obviously, if we can get a quality striker in then excellent but I''d sooner persist with Rusty than say, James Scowcroft!

I''d think it very unlikely Keogh is going anywhere TBH.  He''s not in the side at the moment, but with us selling Elliott, Vokes injured and Stephen Ward being played as an emergency left-back, Keogh is all we have the shape of back-up.

I see him as another lupoli - a good link player.  I like him a lot but not sure he if he can lead the line?

[quote user="ATWWFC"]I''d think it very unlikely Keogh is going anywhere TBH.  He''s not in the side at the moment, but with us selling Elliott, Vokes injured and Stephen Ward being played as an emergency left-back, Keogh is all we have the shape of back-up.
[/quote]

Whats this? Another WE8WBA but one that can spell?

Ok guys, i dont post a huge amount and when i do its usually when irritated by some foolish comments, i have looked on whilst the Ameobi stuff has flown about, checking every rumour with feverish excitement only to be gutted when some loony posts utter lies.

However a friend of mine who is usually very consistant with his facts texted me excitedly yesterday with news that Shackell is going to Wolves, with Keogh and 500,000 coming to us , not a bad deal i thought, but also a striker from Rangers is coming, no idea who, possibly only a loan but may become permanent. Could it be Boyd? not sure if he is still there.

I know these postings are followed by much abuse, cant say for certain these are going to come off but the last three things he has told me have happened, so i thought i would share.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]

Ok guys, i dont post a huge amount and when i do its usually when irritated by some foolish comments, i have looked on whilst the Ameobi stuff has flown about, checking every rumour with feverish excitement only to be gutted when some loony posts utter lies.

However a friend of mine who is usually very consistant with his facts texted me excitedly yesterday with news that Shackell is going to Wolves, with Keogh and 500,000 coming to us , not a bad deal i thought, but also a striker from Rangers is coming, no idea who, possibly only a loan but may become permanent. Could it be Boyd? not sure if he is still there.

I know these postings are followed by much abuse, cant say for certain these are going to come off but the last three things he has told me have happened, so i thought i would share.

[/quote]If true, Gow I would suspect?Also given the comments on Radio Norfolk, Keogh could well be a possibility.

This Keogh rumour was certainly doing the rounds in the pub yesterday but i''m not sure it was based on anything more than some bloke texting in to Canary call. He''s not prolific but is a very good player so I would be delighted with that bit of business in the unlikely event it is true.

Lets hope all is revealed tomorrow!

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]

[/quote]

If true, Gow I would suspect?

Also given the comments on Radio Norfolk, Keogh could well be a possibility.
[/quote]

I would be very surprised if Gow happened. From what I have heard he did himself no favours so far as Roeder was concerned when we had talks with him before.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]

[/quote]If true, Gow I would suspect?Also given the comments on Radio Norfolk, Keogh could well be a possibility.[/quote]

I would be very surprised if Gow happened. From what I have heard he did himself no favours so far as Roeder was concerned when we had talks with him before.

[/quote]Fair enough, forgot that the whole Gow saga didnt exactly end too well.

I thought the Keogh talk happened PRE-match, not a canary call text? Adams and Goram said the talk in the Barclay pre-match and during the game was that of Keogh coming in as well as cash for Shackell... so I doubt this is a crazy rumor created by a canary call text.

The sums work out... considering Wolves were after Shackell for £1mil and it fell through, Keogh at around 500k and the other 500k or so makes up a realistic sum.

I hope so, Keogh could be a nice addition to the team

Fair enough although if this was on the cards it seems a bit strange that Keogh came on as a sub for Wolves yesterday. I would have thought he, like Shacks, would have been left out and be having talks with us.

Keogh is an all action type striker who when at Scunny was credited with doing a lot of the legwork that enabled Billy Sharp to score so many. He''s not proflific though and he''s not a traditional target man type player. More the sort who runs all day and sets a lot of chances up for others.

yer goo call about the bench, also mccarthy is just selling elliot so not sure if he wud part with 2 strikers, although they do have their fair share