Sign in to follow this  
BunnyB

Ameobi (don't worry it isn't a rumour!)

He started for Newcatsle against Arsenal, he didn''t look fit bit he won virtualy everything in the air, Money from Shackel + dead line day = Ameobi? I doubt it but would be nice!

I wouldn''t have thought so... Glenn said he was on the phones late into the night and first thing this morning coming to "some sort of agreement" with a club... I have a sneaking feeling he still is certain we can get Iversen... if he gets him before November he deserves a great pat on the back.

Ameobi was okay in the second half, but he was dire in the first.  What disappointed me the most though was his apparent lack of effort for a player supposedly fighting for a first team spot (and having been handed one, you would have thought he''d try to make an impression).I know he''s only 80% fit, but at times it really did look like he didn''t give a monkeys.  One half hearted go at a tackle, then he''d stroll a way again.  Same sort of thing applied when he had the ball as well.I was (still am?) in the pro-Ameobi camp.  I think he can do a good job in the chumpionship, but unless he puts a bit more effort in, he''s not going to make many fans.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]I wouldn''t have thought so... Glenn said he was on the phones late into the night and first thing this morning coming to "some sort of agreement" with a club... I have a sneaking feeling he still is certain we can get Iversen... if he gets him before November he deserves a great pat on the back.[/quote]

I think you might being a bit optimistic but I would be really chuffed if this was the case! From what I saw today I think we''d look good with a player of his type alongside Lupoli.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="BunnyB"]He started for Newcatsle against Arsenal, he didn''t look fit bit he won virtualy everything in the air, Money from Shackel + dead line day = Ameobi? I doubt it but would be nice![/quote]

I gather that some of the Newcastle fans were not too impressed.

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=386&fid=185&sty=2&act=1&mid=2128543311[:|]

[/quote]ouch!!!  nicely dug up cam...get the boy here pdq - were he''ll be properly loved and appreciated!!!

I admit to being unfaithful yesterday. I am a season ticket holder but the offer of a free ticket to the Gooners came up so I went to catch that.

I can categorically state do not want Shola Ameobi at this club. He was awful. He didnt win everything in the air as another poster has suggested, maybe 50%. What he did win hardly ever created anything. His touch was awful. His passing was awful and he didnt have one effort on goal. Yes I sympathise he probably isnt 100% fit but at any rate he didnt convince me that he is the answer to our problems one bit.

Go for Iverson or maybe even that lad from Hartlepool if we can negotiate the price down a bit but Ameobi...not on my nelly. Let the scum have him!

OTBC

[quote user="Shannock Bob"]

I admit to being unfaithful yesterday. I am a season ticket holder but the offer of a free ticket to the Gooners came up so I went to catch that.

I can categorically state do not want Shola Ameobi at this club. He was awful. He didnt win everything in the air as another poster has suggested, maybe 50%. What he did win hardly ever created anything. His touch was awful. His passing was awful and he didnt have one effort on goal. Yes I sympathise he probably isnt 100% fit but at any rate he didnt convince me that he is the answer to our problems one bit.

Go for Iverson or maybe even that lad from Hartlepool if we can negotiate the price down a bit but Ameobi...not on my nelly. Let the scum have him!

OTBC

[/quote]

you should be hung for treason, i`d never   watch any other team over norwich,  whoever they were free or not, you need to take a good long look at yourself [:(]

To be fair they did say on R5 that he looked as if he was carrying his injury and perhaps 80% fit, but it does make all those goings on at Binners look even more odd; they didn''t need a medical to know he was injured as we all knew, they then don''t sign him as he''ll be out for more than a month, and then he plays within 2 weeks...

"you should be hung for treason, i`d never watch any other team over norwich, whoever they were free or not, you need to take a good long look at yourself"

What a ridiculous thing to say Bob...You may think you''re being loyal but sounds to me like you need to get out more. Maybe you''re the type that gets nervous and starts shaking when you get beyond Thetford!

I always keep an eye out for Kings Lynn''s results and go when I can, does that qualify me for treason...IDIOT!

Can you really blame the bloke if his heart wasn''t in it? Not only is he not properly fit he''s now playing for a club who have been desparate to sell him for some time now...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]To be fair they did say on R5 that he looked as if he was carrying his injury and perhaps 80% fit, but it does make all those goings on at Binners look even more odd; they didn''t need a medical to know he was injured as we all knew, they then don''t sign him as he''ll be out for more than a month, and then he plays within 2 weeks...[/quote]

Seems to confirm suspicions that no deal could be made. Perhaps Magillton will think otherwise before mouthing off about a player signing before they put pen to paper in future, must be a bit embarrasing for him.

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]"you should be hung for treason, i`d never watch any other team over norwich, whoever they were free or not, you need to take a good long look at yourself" What a ridiculous thing to say Bob...You may think you''re being loyal but sounds to me like you need to get out more. Maybe you''re the type that gets nervous and starts shaking when you get beyond Thetford! I always keep an eye out for Kings Lynn''s results and go when I can, does that qualify me for treason...IDIOT![/quote]

Tongue in cheek moment maybe?[:)]

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]"you should be hung for treason, i`d never watch any other team over norwich, whoever they were free or not, you need to take a good long look at yourself" What a ridiculous thing to say Bob...You may think you''re being loyal but sounds to me like you need to get out more. Maybe you''re the type that gets nervous and starts shaking when you get beyond Thetford! I always keep an eye out for Kings Lynn''s results and go when I can, does that qualify me for treason...IDIOT![/quote]

bob didn`t write that i did    IDIOT

sorry but its how i am , if i can`t be at a home game for whatever reason  i get all tetchy  for 90 minutes until its over , i certainly couldn`t sit watching another team  whilst we`re playing free ticket or not..it would be unbearable..if that makes me an idiot in your eyes then fine i couldn`t give a f---

[quote user="ched seven"]

sorry but its how i am , if i can`t be at a home game for whatever reason  i get all tetchy  for 90 minutes until its over , i certainly couldn`t sit watching another team  whilst we`re playing free ticket or not..it would be unbearable..if that makes me an idiot in your eyes then fine i couldn`t give a f---

[/quote]

Well little man, I am actually sharing a season ticket with someone this year so its no big deal. I probably should have put that in my original post as there would obviously some over sensitive posters who could take offence that I should happen to watch another game. Have had season tickets to Carrow Road 20 years since I was7 years old so having my faith questioned doesnt really worry me too much.

I was also at the Arsenal Newcastle game (part of a stag weekend, so against my will of course). I have to say as well that Ameobi was totally dire. I wouldn''t pay £100,000 for him.

Mind you the Gooners were pretty awesome. Clichy didn''t give Ameobi a chance. Maybe we could get him in when we sell Shacks.

[quote user="Shannock Bob"][quote user="ched seven"]

[/quote]

Well little man, I am actually sharing a season ticket with someone this year so its no big deal. I probably should have put that in my original post as there would obviously some over sensitive posters who could take offence that I should happen to watch another game. Have had season tickets to Carrow Road 20 years since I was7 years old so having my faith questioned doesnt really worry me too much.

[/quote]

well mr broadminded observer of football

you watch who you like where you like ..your right your original post suggested you`d rather leave your seat empty and go and watch  arsenal  which would be your perogative..personally i`d rather  listen to norfolk commentary than go and watch arsenal  but there you go..anyway   my original reply to your post was somewhat tongue in cheek, i thought suggesting you should be hung for treason might have been a clue to that ?  its the bloke who got the hump on your behalf whos over sensitive not me..couldn`t care less what others do i only care about me me me  [:D]