Sign in to follow this  
boro bloke

brennan/helveg

Brennan and helveg to come in wide midfield respectivley add protection to edworthy and dury?? Hopefully we will play with the determination we did in the second half against newcastle great to see mr huckerby proving his doubter''s wrong a big 2 f**G**S up to the media!!! Who no''s maybe we are the team to dent arsenal''s unbeaten record keep the faith on the ball city.

I agree re Helveg and Breenan out wide to stiffen midfield and provide options going forward.

However I don''t think Huckerby will have silenced "can''t make it in Prem" brigade, I am afraid he missed a sitter against Geordies, which he should have scored, and criticised heavily 2nd half when we lost the ball in Newcastle area and Francis bust a gut to get back to defend whilst at 2-2, whereas Huckerby seemingly put hands on hips and strolled back.

I think we expect more from DH, the jury is still out.

Jury still out on Hucks? I don''t think many will share that opinion with you Peter. If the jury is still out on him, then their verdict on the rest of the team is going to be pretty damning since his is one of the first names on the team sheet. Yes he missed a chance against Newcastle, and yes the national press were straight in there with the "huckerby missed the kind of chance that has dogged his premiership career" type comments, but what about the goal against Palace? When he scores people will say "yes, ok good goal" and nothing more. When he misses he gets all the stick in the world and all this "jury''s still out" stuff.
He''s still not 100% fit by his standards although he''s already at much the same level as the rest. He was tiring at the end against Newcastle because he kept getting on the end of break outs - I''m prepared to bet he runs further than anyone else on the pitch because he''s constantly picking up the ball and running a third or half length of the pitch.

If only we had.
It was obvious that we would need emphasis on the defence so why did we not play Brennan and Helveg instead of McVeigh and Johnson. Neither PM or MJ played badly but both are attacking midfielders and we we might have not have lost the game so early.

I''d like that line up given a go, especially away from home, neither McVeigh or Yonson have done enough to make them guarenteed starters, and effectively playing two full backs on each side could work. Especially as Brennan is a great crosser of the ball. To be honest though I think Edworthy seems better going forward than Helveg. It sounds a bit crazy but maybe Steady Eddy could play like Steeno sometimes did on the right side of midfield.

you are kidding huckerby has given 110% so far and to say he stands with his hands on his hips while others run back you are not watching the game on saturday hucks was running forward with the ball and three players were watching and not getting in the box and i think the jury has gone home quite happy with huckerby ,you should look at mr holt who runs back and forward like a chicken and does nothing bring in safri francis cant do it onhis own in midfield.

keep going hucks you have notthing to prove.