Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Shacks

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Shacks isn''t in the squad today. Does this mean he is off to Wolves to fund our mysterious target man?[/quote]

Well spotted. With that Tottenham fella with the silly name ahead fo him it certainly looks that way. Fingers crossed.

Apparently Doncaster said there was a lot of activity yesterday and at least one offer has been made for Norwich players.

I for one am gutted that Shacks has been sold or as good as, the one remaining player who played with any ability in the premier league for us. He may not have played as well as he can over the last couple of seasons, but which players have? He also played much better when he wasnt alongside Doherty.

Wolves are not stupid. McCarthy was a centre back do you really think he would sign a poor centre back for £1m? the man has managed in a World Cup and was a centre back himself during his playing days. Yes Roeder was a centre back, but lets face it the teams he played for were teams that were not as good as our own City side at the time, so he was no better than Newman, Butterworth, Polston etc.

What happens when all the hired hands go back to their clubs. Kennedy and I think Bertrands deals only run until January. so with 3 of the back four are not even our players, we could be looking at having to rebuild mid season. We are in a no win situation, if they play well their clubs will want them back or be too expensive, if they play badly we dont want them anyway.

[quote user="bluebeagle"]

I for one am gutted that Shacks has been sold or as good as, the one remaining player who played with any ability in the premier league for us. He may not have played as well as he can over the last couple of seasons, but which players have? He also played much better when he wasnt alongside Doherty.

Wolves are not stupid. McCarthy was a centre back do you really think he would sign a poor centre back for £1m? the man has managed in a World Cup and was a centre back himself during his playing days. Yes Roeder was a centre back, but lets face it the teams he played for were teams that were not as good as our own City side at the time, so he was no better than Newman, Butterworth, Polston etc.

What happens when all the hired hands go back to their clubs. Kennedy and I think Bertrands deals only run until January. so with 3 of the back four are not even our players, we could be looking at having to rebuild mid season. We are in a no win situation, if they play well their clubs will want them back or be too expensive, if they play badly we dont want them anyway.

[/quote]

Shut up, Prick

I for one am gutted that Shacks has been sold or as good as

[/quote]

With a name like "blue anything", I''d be gutted too. Windfall!  Come on Glenn, let''s be spending it.

Bertrand is only till January though looks likely we''ll be able to extend it till end of season as long as Chelsea don''t get any injurys, there just covering there backs, but he''ll be here till the end of the season,
as for Shackell going to Wolves.... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
biggest Liability I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt in years! can''t header the ball without putting us under more pressure, can''t kick the ball anywhere but out for a throw in, he is just totally useless and we should be laughing our heads of that Wolves are paying that much money for him! Doherty is much much better than Shackell and this feels like Christmas come early!

This will be good business for the club as long as the money is reinvested in the team.

I cannot see Shackell improving any further as a player.

Bluebeagle''s point is factual and doesn''t deserve the moron''s response of shut up. If either Stefanovich or Kennedy get injured now we only have the totally untried Archibald-Henville as cover until the Doc returns from injury. That will also be the case when Kennedy returns to Celtic in January. Omozusi has already shown he is no CB.

Anyone who believes the almost guaranteed "the fee received will go into Glenn''s transfer kitty" will be bitterly disappointed.

This is a shocking piece of ''business''.

[quote user="bluebeagle"]and you think Mister Chops is better, dont make me laugh[/quote]

Change your name ratbag

For a £1 million I''m pretty happy to see him go. Doesn''t have the bottle in my opinion, which is a shame because he has all the physical attributes.

Hopefully we can get Kennedy permanently and add a bit of money towards the centre-forward fund.

Seems like a deal that makes sense from both parties'' POV.

[/quote]

the sheer fact your name contains the word blue makes me dislike you

From another thread, this just confirms that you are a total idiot.  Shackell biggest liability in years?  Erm, Andy Hughes?    Docherty better?  I believe you are either on a wind up or just totally stupid.[quote user="ellis206"]Bertrand is only till January though looks likely we''ll be able to extend it till end of season as long as Chelsea don''t get any injurys, there just covering there backs, but he''ll be here till the end of the season, as for Shackell going to Wolves.... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSbiggest Liability I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt in years! can''t header the ball without putting us under more pressure, can''t kick the ball anywhere but out for a throw in, he is just totally useless and we should be laughing our heads of that Wolves are paying that much money for him! Doherty is much much better than Shackell and this feels like Christmas come early![/quote]

[quote user="ellis206"]Bertrand is only till January though looks likely we''ll be able to extend it till end of season as long as Chelsea don''t get any injurys, there just covering there backs, but he''ll be here till the end of the season,
as for Shackell going to Wolves.... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
biggest Liability I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt in years! can''t header the ball without putting us under more pressure, can''t kick the ball anywhere but out for a throw in, he is just totally useless and we should be laughing our heads of that Wolves are paying that much money for him! Doherty is much much better than Shackell and this feels like Christmas come early!
[/quote]

This is one of the worst posts I''ve read in years! Where were you looking when Shacks came in to the team in March 2005 and helped to almost keep us up. Yes his career has, if anything, gone downhill since but I put that down to bad training. So you''re saying that an international center half, international manager and well respected guy like Mick McCarthy clearly has''nt got a clue what he''s doing then?  

Oh well, once Kennedy goes back to Celtic (or the old knee injury comes up again) and we''re left with no-one but the shirt grabbing Donkerty no doubt you''ll be happy!!

Yes I would be happy, because I for one rate Doherty far higher than I do Shackell, your argument makes me laugh "Shackell played well in March of 2005 and almost kept us up".... did he balls, Ashton nearly kept us up, we still conceded a huge amount of goals with Shackell in the team but we were just scoring at the other end. And Doherty is hardly a shirt grabber is he, he''s done it a couple of times (most notably Burnley at home) and he''s just had that label ever since, Shackell does it just as often, but "because he showed some talent 3 years ago" thats acceptable. And you put his career going downhill due to bad training? howcome other players we''ve had here have gone on to prosper in the premierleague then? Ashton, Green (who had a lot of training here!) Bellamy etc, why have these players done so well if they recieve bad training here? perhaps because they have talent I''d say. Doherty is much better than Shackell, he was our most consistent performer last season in defence (as Glenn Roeder stated) but obviously Roeder knows nothing, and how many player of the season awards has Shackell won? and how many has Doherty won? And yes I am saying Mick Mcarthy hasn''t got a clue what he''s doing if he''s paying over a million for Shackell! but are you now stating that as Roeder is selling this talented full of potential individual (hahaha) that he doesn''t have a clue? works both ways mate

I dont think Doherty is a terrible player and is good enough at this level, but I have concerns about him being good enough for the very top level, but I guess I dont really need to worry about that. I just feel his lack of any pace makes us sit very deep, and Shackell and him just didnt work together as a pair. Shackell had some really good games for us in the premier league, he marked Drogba out of the match, played amazingly against Man U when we won and was pretty damn good against Newcastle aswell. I personally feel he has more to offer, Malky Mackay had a dodgy year or two around about 26 years old but matured into a very solid defender later. Maybe we could have loaned him to someone like Blackpool and seen if his game could have returned to the levels of a few years ago.

Still £1 million is not that bad money, just not so good if we spend it on James Scowcroft, please dont let the Evening News be right! Lets plough the money onto Kennedy and make the current centre back pairing be the building blocks of the team. My main concern is still to many loans players so lets make Kennedy our player and bring a decent forward in, there must still be some funds left we''ve hardly broken the bank over the summer compared to teams like forrest even

Ohh and I just realised why people didnt like the word Blue in my name so changed it.

Just a thought, is this as much to do with wages as anything else? After the thread on here last weekend about Iversen''s wages being the stumbling block in the deal is this Glenn''s solution? I have no idea what Shacks is on but i would guess as he is one of the few left from the Prem Season he''s on a decent amount.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Shacks isn''t in the squad today. Does this mean he is off to Wolves to fund our mysterious target man?[/quote]

Well spotted. With that Tottenham fella with the silly name ahead fo him it certainly looks that way. Fingers crossed.

[/quote]

is he ever actualy going to play for us??? such as come off the bench at the end? or is he another wage we are forking out for no reason?

jas :)