Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

Huckerby does it again!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

If you believe MLS is no better than Div. 1 soccer, so be it, but any player who tears up Div. 1 soccer doesn''t remain there very long, now does he?

[/quote]No better than Div 1 Football??? Jesus! It barely reaches conference standard! "Soccer" in America has always and will always be a complete joke. I''m glad Hucks is doing well somewhere else, and yes I was gutted when he left, but all this Earthquakes crap is really boring. There was a reason why all the posts were put somewhere else, so the rest of us didn''t have to listen to your pitiful whining! To sum up, get over it and YAWN!!!! That is all.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

San Jose is undefeated since he got there.  This is the very brief game summary in my local paper.

Earthquakes 2, Wizards 1 - Darren Huckerby scored in the 84th minute to lift host San Jose past Kansas City and out oflast place in the Western Conference for the first time all season.

For all those who want me to "get over it", I remain disappointed we didn''t offer him a contract and basically threw him under the bus.  He is tearing up MLS.  If you believe MLS is no better than Div. 1 soccer, so be it, but any player who tears up Div. 1 soccer doesn''t remain there very long, now does he?

We sure could have used him yesterday in the 84th minute at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

The HucksHaters will come after you.Run.

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

San Jose is undefeated since he got there.  This is the very brief game summary in my local paper.

Earthquakes 2, Wizards 1 - Darren Huckerby scored in the 84th minute to lift host San Jose past Kansas City and out oflast place in the Western Conference for the first time all season.

For all those who want me to "get over it", I remain disappointed we didn''t offer him a contract and basically threw him under the bus.  He is tearing up MLS.  If you believe MLS is no better than Div. 1 soccer, so be it, but any player who tears up Div. 1 soccer doesn''t remain there very long, now does he?

We sure could have used him yesterday in the 84th minute at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

The HucksHaters will come after you.Run.

[/quote]What a stupid comment. I think you''ll struggle to find anyone that hates Hucks. What people hate is the constant bleating about how he should have never left, and how well he''s doing in the mickey mouse yankee league.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]They all used to play for Norwich.  Just thought I''d complete the picture for you.Or do we only talk about Huckerby because it is a way to pour scorn on our current manager?  If so, people really do need to move on.[/quote]

Perhaps you could explain why we shouldn''t pour scorn on our current manager if we think he''s made a gigantic c**k up.

Seems that a lot of people think its open season for the board - when was Roeder granted immunity?

[/quote]He hasn''t been.  But if you think the US league is anything like the Championship, you invite scorn to be poured upon yourself.Great player, City legend, let go at the right time.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Dean Ashton didn''t do much yesterday.  Rob Green had a good game, it must be said.  Earnshaw had a mare.  Gosh, what about Damien Francis?  Didn''t he do well?

[/quote]

The point you are TRYING to make is childishly nonsensical.

[quote user="Rossi"]was fortunate to see galaxy and san jose - i couldnt believe how god awful both teams were, Beckham was terrible too. What you have to take into context is the level and standard of this type of football. Just because Huckerby played well doesnt mean he would have set the championship alight. Also have to add that he lost the ball so many times it was untrue[/quote]If Nick Barmby and Dean Windass are good enough for the Premiership, Hux is still good enough for the Championship.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]They all used to play for Norwich.  Just thought I''d complete the picture for you.

Or do we only talk about Huckerby because it is a way to pour scorn on our current manager?  If so, people really do need to move on.

[/quote]

Perhaps you could explain why we shouldn''t pour scorn on our current manager if we think he''s made a gigantic c**k up.

Seems that a lot of people think its open season for the board - when was Roeder granted immunity?

[/quote]

He hasn''t been.  But if you think the US league is anything like the Championship, you invite scorn to be poured upon yourself.

Great player, City legend, let go at the right time.

[/quote]

And how on earth can you deduce that he was let go at the right time???

[quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]And another thing! Don''t like it, well don''t bloody read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Try cleaning your keyboard, you have sticky keys.

[/quote]

It would be such a shame if you were struck down by myxomatosis.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]And another thing! Don''t like it, well don''t bloody read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha! Ha! Buy the comedian another pint, his material is soo fresh.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unlike yours, you old boiler!!

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

If you believe MLS is no better than Div. 1 soccer, so be it, but any player who tears up Div. 1 soccer doesn''t remain there very long, now does he?

[/quote]

No better than Div 1 Football??? Jesus! It barely reaches conference standard! "Soccer" in America has always and will always be a complete joke. I''m glad Hucks is doing well somewhere else, and yes I was gutted when he left, but all this Earthquakes crap is really boring. There was a reason why all the posts were put somewhere else, so the rest of us didn''t have to listen to your pitiful whining! To sum up, get over it and YAWN!!!!

That is all.
[/quote]

I know this is way off-topic, but it might change the tone a little. Does anyone know what sort of money Hucks will be on playing in MLS?

[quote user="Tom"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

No better than Div 1 Football??? Jesus! It barely reaches conference standard! "Soccer" in America has always and will always be a complete joke. I''m glad Hucks is doing well somewhere else, and yes I was gutted when he left, but all this Earthquakes crap is really boring. There was a reason why all the posts were put somewhere else, so the rest of us didn''t have to listen to your pitiful whining! To sum up, get over it and YAWN!!!!

That is all.
[/quote]

I know this is way off-topic, but it might change the tone a little. Does anyone know what sort of money Hucks will be on playing in MLS?

[/quote]

I think if I remember correctly around 3.5k (and I don''t expect that will change the tone). All MLS players wages are published for everyone to see.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Boiler? What the hell type of insult is that? It does not even make sense. Not only are you not very funny you can''t even insult properly.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Boiler? What the hell type of insult is that? It does not even make sense. Not only are you not very funny you can''t even insult properly.

[/quote]Boiler -as in Bunny Boiler - well I think everyone else above 12 yrs old got it

Huckerby plays in a Mickey Mouse league, if he joined a conferance team (or blue square premier whatever its called these days) he would be lethal, at the end of the day he was past it in the championship, his performances proved that, I do miss the guy but we don''t need him anymore

[quote user="ellis206"]Huckerby plays in a Mickey Mouse league, if he joined a conferance team (or blue square premier whatever its called these days) he would be lethal, at the end of the day he was past it in the championship, his performances proved that, I do miss the guy but we don''t need him anymore[/quote]At least we used to win the odd game when he played for us!

they got to be poor he even scored it with his head!!!!!. how many times we see him score with a header, i cant think of one off hand

[quote user="brickster"]they got to be poor he even scored it with his head!!!!!. how many times we see him score with a header, i cant think of one off hand
[/quote]

No, if the ref sees it off the hand he will disallow it.

"Soccer" in America has always and will always be a complete joke.- clipped canary

Granted, soccer is not very popular here compared to other sports, but to say it is a joke is just wrong. It is PLAYED by way more kids than just about any game as far as organized sports go, it is just not watched a whole lot.  We (Tean USA) have been ranked higher than a lot of traditional soccer, or football (excuse me) powers in world rankings. Our national team is filled with players on English, Scottish, German, Dutch and other Euro-based clubs along with plenty of MLS talent.

I counter your pitiful excuse making ("there''s still time, isn''t there" type of responses when we haven''t signed a necessary player and the season is 4 games old, and when we do settle on a loan, it will be some past-his-prime former star with nothing left in the tank, but your type will welcome him with open arms) with what you call pitiful whining.  If not for the pitiful whining, I think this board would not even bother pretending to try to sign needed players.